help needed with mortifactors !!! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-09, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

donglenn's Flag is: United Kingdom

help needed with mortifactors !!!

hi guys,

i had a great game with mate today but was a draw come close but no cigar with my 2000 points mortifactors army(not sure on name.) tried to use new list but need help !!!!

HQ 1 company master arliftcer armor,power sword,storm bolter,digitalweapons,hellfire rounds,melta bombs, 183 points

9 company honour guards arliftcer armor,chapter banner,company champion frag/krak grenades,with rhino with dozer blade,extra armor,hunter killer missile,pintle mounted storm bolter,500 points

troops 2x10 men tactical squads with heavy bolters/flamers,melta bombs,teleport homer,2 rhinos with dozer blades,extra armors,hunter killer missiles,pintle mounted storm bolters, 530 points

troops 1x10 men tactical squad with heavy bolter/flamer,melta bombs,teleport homer 190 points

elites 1 venerable dreadnought with extra armor,smoke launchers,twin linked lascannon,missile launcher 220 points

elites 5 men terminator squad with storm bolters/powerfits 1 heavy flamer
205 points

heavy support 1 vindicator with dozer blade,extra armor,hunter killer missile,pintle mounted storm bolter,siege shield 165 points

total points 1995

Any suggestions to help improve on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-09, 11:56 PM
Triangulum's Flag is: USA

Location: Lurking in the Shadows between the Darkness and the Light

Well, for one thing you cant take honour guard with a company captain, I would take the chapter master and then drop the honour guard, they are NOT worth the pts, the master is though just for the 25 pt ordinance blast.

Tac squads 1 - 3 I would also drop the flamers and take a plasma gun to help cut through high armour troops and give it an option vs light vehicles. I would also drop the melta bombs, if you want anti armour options take a melta, if you have a tac squad that close to a vehicle, either it isnt a big enough threat to be worth it or the squad is dead anyway.

Either drop ALL the upgrades on the Rhinos and buy one for the 3rd squad or upgrade them to razorbacks and dont take any upgrades. The heavy bolters would add some more firepower and give let you move one half of the squad around if you use combat squads. Also the teleport Homers are typically kinda a waste, just dont teleport them into a crowded area of the map.

If you are taking a fire support dread, I would recomment the 2x TL Autocannon weapons options, you can eradicate light vehicles or take on big chunks of enemy troops. Either way the venerable upgrade isnt worth it, if you love the current loadout take it as a standard dread. Typically though, I would get rid of this option and take a 5 man 4 lascannon devestator squad to get some more anti tank. And anti tank what it looks like you are trying to do with this thing. The devis arent as resilient, but they have a lot of firepower and should last reasonably long. If you can upgrade them to 10 men so you can use combat squads.

Which I would do by dropping the termis, I would take a different elites choice, maybe a sternguard unit or something. Terminators have a use but if you really want close fire support (which is what shooty terminators are good at) they are a better option. If you stick with the terminators, I would take an Assault cannon to bolster their firepower and a pair of chainfists to take on vehicles.

Which you could easily get the pts for by dropping everything but the siege shield on this demolisher here.

That's my thoughts feel free to take them or leave them. If you do take the advice about the honor guard, I would use them to buy either a second terminator or sternguard squad or two assault squads with melta bombs to give you an edge with fire support of CC.

Looks like a good start though, are you painting the Mortifactors with their GW colors, your own scheme or the ones described in the Ultramarines book?

All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-09, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

hi thanks for the help i am using my own color scheme -three colors, they are black, bone and boltgun metal,

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-09, 12:40 AM
Triangulum's Flag is: USA

Location: Lurking in the Shadows between the Darkness and the Light

Sweet, that sounds alot more like how I imagined a chapter like that one, if you have any more specific questions feel free to ask.

All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-09, 08:13 AM

Lord Ramo's Flag is: England

I like your army list it's good. However i would try and fit another rhino in for your unmounted squad. A scout squad wouldn't go amiss either as their snipers are good and you can use them to infiltrate or hold an objective while your main force moves foward.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-09, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

thanks,
for the hints will try to work them into the new list !!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-09, 12:09 AM

Quote:
HQ 1 company master arliftcer armor,power sword,storm bolter,digitalweapons,hellfire rounds,melta bombs, 183 points

Holy crap! If you're gonna spend over 170 points on your single HQ choice I'd suggest you look into the special characters.

Hellfire rounds can only go on standard Boltguns, I believe.

Digital Weapons are not worth it.

Meltabombs are not worth it.

9 company honour guards arliftcer armor,chapter banner,company champion frag/krak grenades,with rhino with dozer blade,extra armor,hunter killer missile,pintle mounted storm bolter,500 points

No such thing as Company Honour Guard - You either have a Command Squad or Honor Guard. Command Squads are 4 Marines. Honor Guard are not worth the points.

And a Rhino doesn't need all of those upgrades! You spend more points on a Rhino than a Razorback with a truly devastating weapon. A Razorback only needs Extra Armour.

troops 2x10 men tactical squads with heavy bolters/flamers,melta bombs,teleport homer,2 rhinos with dozer blades,extra armors,hunter killer missiles,pintle mounted storm bolters, 530 points

No problems here - Aside from the Meltabombs. If you have Teleport Homer for a Termy Squad to pop up, you don't need Meltabombs. Those Rhinos are unnecessarily well-equipped. As said, only Extra Armour is needed. A second Storm Bolter won't help you, and neither will the Hunter Killer Missles. Dozer-Blades are largely unnecessary.

If you really want Rhinos with a lot of firepower, I'd look into Razorbacks.

troops 1x10 men tactical squad with heavy bolter/flamer,melta bombs,teleport homer 190 points

Again, take out the Melta Bombs. Use the spare points from dropping all those other upgrades on the other Rhinos to buy a Rhino for this squad. Seriously, you'd have enough points.

elites 1 venerable dreadnought with extra armor,smoke launchers,twin linked lascannon,missile launcher 220 points

Ew. I'd downgrade this to a regular Dreadnought. You're paying 60 points for one extra point in your BS.

elites 5 men terminator squad with storm bolters/powerfits 1 heavy flamer
205 points

No problems here.

heavy support 1 vindicator with dozer blade,extra armor,hunter killer missile,pintle mounted storm bolter,siege shield 165 points

Again, all those points are largely unnecessary. I'd keep the Extra Armour and Storm Bolter.

total points 1995

Any suggestions to help improve on this?
My main suggestion would be to lighten up on your upgrades. You spend points on a lot of things that are largely unnecessary.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-09, 08:21 AM

Lord Ramo's Flag is: England

If you can see if you can fit in assualt marine squad you could get rid off a couple of honour guards but it's your choice.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-09, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys for the help i post a new list soon in couple days !!!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-09, 06:18 PM

mrooski's Flag is: USA

loose the honor guard squads and downgrade the master to a captain w. pf, termie armor, combi gun and hellfire rounds (they can go on combi guns, relapsing the bolter), also i would suggest giving your tactical squads a pw and ml's they are beater than the heavy bolters cause they go well against almost everything, also just have rinos on your tactical squads they don't need upgrades to serve the purpose, i would consider getting one (or maybe 2) assault squads with a pf to handle stuff like orks, you should still have a ton of points left, so think about a land raider for your termies, and captain to go in, you won't ever get the tactical squad close enough to the enemy to do teleport successfully, and if you do that, then take vanguard vets cause they can assault the same turn, make some changes, then you can work on the small stuff

summary: you need more marines

"The wise speak only of what they know"
“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
“Not all those who wander are lost.”
-J.R.R. Tolkien

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode