Please forgive me Lord Reevan and Red Orc... - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-07-09, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

Default Please forgive me Lord Reevan and Red Orc...

I'm playing some regular space marine lists instead of BA. I don't actually have all these land speeders. But I'm working on it. Just want to see what everyone thinks.

My general plan is to use the speeders to herd everything into the Devastators LOS.

My single Dev squad with 4 ML has got to be my best unit. So why not get two?!?!?!

And the assault squad and chappy are a counter assault squad to protect the Devastators from Deep Strike.

Would like to do well against hordes and pop tanks to transports to turn every army into a foot slogger.

Is 1750 total but easily comes down to 1500 by dropping the Sternguard

HQ
Chaplain
JP

Elites
Sternguard (8)
Combimelta x3
Drop Pod

Troops
Tac Squad (10)
Plasma Gun
Heavy Bolter
Razorback

Tac Squad (10)
Power Weapon
Flamer
Heavy Bolter
Razorback

Fast Attack
Assault Squad
PF

Landspeeder Tornado x3
AC x3

Landspeeder Tornado x3
Multimelta x3
Multimelta x3

Heavy Support
Devastator Squad
4 Missile Launchers

Devastator Squad
4 Missile Launchers

Thanks for the input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-08-09, 02:14 AM

Interesting choices. I rarely see a Devastator squad with all MLs. Theres usually a Lascannon in there somewhere.

Are the Landspeeder Tornados with the multi-meltas treated as twin-linked? or as two separate weapons? I know that with some of the larger models (or at least my buddy's carnifex) if you have two of the same guns that aren't hooked to a sponson or something they're just treated as twin linked.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-08-09, 03:31 AM Thread Starter

I think it's just two different weapons, you can replace the HB with a Multimelta, and add a tornado pattern multi-melta also.

I feel like Laser Cannons are just too expensive 20 pts gets you only one 1pt of strength and you lose the ammo flexibility of the ML.

Plus the Landspeeder meltas can take care of any heavy tanks.

Landspeeders are expensive (not to mention time consuming to build and paint) and I only have two right now, so this list will be a long time coming.

Thanks for the input

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode