2K Space Marine List - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-06-09, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

2K Space Marine List

This is my first real go at making a Space Marine list and was going for a troop heavy yet well balanced army.
Normally play Tau, so wanted a good close combat army for a bit of a change, yet still hold onto some ranged shooting that I am used to.
As for figures, all I have so far is a Commander and Command Squad, and wanted a good list set before I start buying additional models.

Silver Eagles Chapter

HQ:

Captain 'Marcus D'Angulo': Artificer armour, Bolt pistol, Power weapon, Melta bombs, and Iron Halo.
Command Squad: Champion, Apothercary, and 3x Veterans. Power sword, Meltagun, and Company Standard.
Razorback

(The Captain and Command Squad are built for close combat, and will charge the enemy lines in the Razorback, targeting troops and/or elites. The Metagun is for anti-armor if they come across any along the way, and the Rozorback (if it survives) will act as support/cover.)

Elites:

Venerable Dreadnought 'Lucian': Assault cannon and Extra armour.
Drop Pod
Dreadnought: TL Lascannon and TL Autocannon

(The Venerable is simply meant to cause chaos and disarray as it drop pods amid the enemy, while the other Dread acts as heavy fire support.)

Troops:

Tactical Squad: Sergeant and 9x Marines. Flamer and Lascannon.
Rhino
Tactical Squad: Sergeant and 9x Marines. Flamer and Lascannon.
Rhino
Tactical Squad: Sergeant and 9x Marines. Flamer and Missile launcher.
Rhino
Scout Squad: Sergeant and 4x Scouts. Sniper Rifles and Missile launcher.

(During most missions the Tac Squads would break down into 5-man squads with the Sergeant and Flamer in their Rhino pushing to forward positions and objectives, while the rest with the heavy weapon would be dropped off in cover to provide support. The Scout Squad would sit on the nearest objective and provide support from there, or without any objectives to cover they would find a good hidey-hole to snipe from.)

Fast Attack:

Assault Squad: Sergeant and 9x Marines. Lightning claw, Melta bombs, and 2x Flamers.
Assault Squad: Sergeant and 9x Marines. Lightning claw, Melta bombs, and 2x Flamers.

(What can I say ? Quick close combat troops and anti-swarm. If they get a chance they can assault vehicles too.)

Heavy Support:

Predator: Autocannon and sponson Lascannons.

(Tank! Kill!)

This list feels pretty solid to me, but since I haven't played Marines yet I wanted to get advise from all of you. So please feel free to rip my list apart. Heh heh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-06-09, 09:44 PM

DEATHTORUSS's Flag is: USA

seems good to me but i just posted my first space marine list so ya ....

but i would drop one tact. squad for either 2 scout squads or some Devistators cause you dont seem to have anything to cover all your rhinos as they go in
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-06-09, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHTORUSS View Post
but i would drop one tact. squad for either 2 scout squads or some Devistators cause you dont seem to have anything to cover all your rhinos as they go in
The ideal situation would be to drop off half of each Tac Squad (with the heavy weapon) early so it could support the main push, that and the Dreadnoughts, Tank, and Snipers supporting.

And to be honest, I could care less about the Rhinos surviving the battle, they are just there to get the Marines a bit closer to the middle of the board before getting popped. That and they make decent cover even after they go boom.

Last edited by Mikal05; 04-06-09 at 10:35 PM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-09, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikal05 View Post
That and they make decent cover even after they go boom.
My local gaming group likes to put down craters once a vehicle explodes so this is not always true. Wrecked, yes, Exploded, no.

If you've got the points, put the HQ squad in a land raider, that way, you can assault out of it, since the land raider is an assault vehicle and as far as i know, the razorback is not.

In my last game, the assault vehicle would have helped, I kept finding that as soon as I got out of the rhino I'd want to assault but could not.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode