1000pt Codex Marines in a Friendly fight vs. Tau - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-09, 02:13 AM Thread Starter

Default 1000pt Codex Marines in a Friendly fight vs. Tau

HQ

Librarian w/Smite and Quickening - 115
- Plasma Pistol

Troops

10 man Tactical Squad - 200
- Flamer
-Missile Launcher
Sergeant
-Teleport Homer
Rhino - 55
-storm bolter
-Hunter-killer missle

10 man Tactical Squad - 170
-Flamer
-Missile Launcher
Sergeant
-Chainsword

5 man Scout Squad - 135
- Heavy Bolter
- Snipers
Sergeant Telion

Fast Attack

5 man Assault Squad - 140
-Flamer
Sergeant
-power fist
-combat shield

Elite

5 man Terminator Squad - 200
- Storm Bolters
- Power Fists
Sergeant
- Power Weapon
- Storm Bolter

1000 pts

Any tweaks you think I should make before I play this game around 2:30pm PST 4/5/09?

Last edited by TheJackalMan; 04-05-09 at 04:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-09, 09:00 AM

Constatine_Valdor's Flag is: Spain

Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJackalMan View Post
HQ

Librarian w/Smite and Quickening - 115
- Plasma Pistol

If you get smite, don't take a plasma pistol. You can only use 1 shooting weapon or shooting psychic power per turn. You can use these 15 points in something better.
Quickening has no sense against Tau (they have I2, I3, why I10 when you have I4?? ), the power that gives S6 and 2D6 for penetrating would be much better for taking down those Crisis, Apocalypse and other annoying things. ).

Troops

10 man Tactical Squad - 200
- Flamer
-Missile Launcher
Sergeant
-Teleport Homer

I recommend removing the Teleport Homer and take a CombiFlamer (you have 2 nice templates for those disgusting Kroots )
With this, you have another 5 extra points to invest in other things.

Rhino - 55
-storm bolter
-Hunter-killer missle

Rhinos are APC, no sense giving them more ammo. Removing the additional storm bolter and the missile you'll have another 20 extra points for other things.

10 man Tactical Squad - 170
-Flamer
-Missile Launcher
Sergeant
-Chainsword

5 man Scout Squad - 135
- Heavy Bolter
- Snipers
Sergeant Telion

I never use Telion but i think he's spending too many points in a single unit. I recommend you removing him and use these 50 points in other things but if you like him, put him with his scouts in a well placed cover.
I'll make my final conclusion as if you remove Telion.

Fast Attack

5 man Assault Squad - 140
-Flamer
Sergeant
-power fist
-combat shield

Combat shield has no sense (6+ inv, you go nowhere with that), remove it and you have 5 extra points.
You need more of these guys, they are your key for winning the game.

Elite

5 man Terminator Squad - 200
- Storm Bolters
- Power Fists
Sergeant
- Power Weapon
- Storm Bolter

1000 pts

Any tweaks you think I should make before I play this game around 2:30pm PST 4/5/09?

I've seen that you have 95 points for using them. I'll use them for these:

Option 1: A Whirlwind for 85 points (it's the definitive kroot killer) and the other 10 points i'll use them for taking a lascannon in the Tactical Squad without Rhino.

Option 2: Add 5 Assault Marines, so the squad will have 10 members for 90 points, change the powerfist (25 points) for a power weapon (15 points), buy a second flamer (10 points) and a meltabomb for the Sergeant (5 points).

Option 3: Give a jumpack for the librarian (25 points), change "Smite" for "Avenger" and i'll change the powerfist of the Assault Sergeant for a power weapon (15 points) and with the 80 remaining points i'll buy 4 extra Assault Marines (72 points), i'll take a Melta Bomb for the tactical sergeant of the tactical squad with Rhino and you have 997 points.

Whatevere you do, enjoy the game!!

The Emperor Protects ME!!

TKE's NTGU Brigade
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-09, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

All great suggestions, thanks but unfortunately these are choices were mostly due to model restrictions, as in, this is what I've got and am able to field. but, based on how the game goes, I might take up some of your suggestions as a guide to my next purchase

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-09, 04:24 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'd suggest either option 2 or 3 there, as a pair of Hammerheads would probably munch the Whirlwind before it made any impact.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-09, 08:03 PM

Crimson_Chin's Flag is: USA

I have never seen terminators do well against tau. They have a tendency to get munched much faster than you think they will (cough plasma rifle crisis suits cough)

That being said, what models do you have? If you can't change the list because of model restrictions .. not much use in getting advice on how to change the list .. yeah?

If you literally can't change the list at all, consider making the assault squad vanguard veterans. They can charge on the turn that they land, which can be enormous against tau. If you try and deep strike termies ... there will just be some bloody paste left the next turn.

Also, your librarian has literally useless powers for dealing with tau. GOI will get you into range more quickly. That might be useful for bringing your tactical squad close enough to shoot at him, and if you're intent on deep striking your termies it will get the teleport homer that much closer. You also might want to consider the ability that gives them all 5+ invulnerable saves, depending on how many crisis suits your opponent runs. I think GOI and the str 6 power are your best bets though.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-09, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Lot of good any of it does when I forget half the rules until a turn later Maybe I should just go back to Necrons for a bit

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode