Raven Guard 1750 pt Tournament list - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-09, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

The Sullen One's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Raven Guard 1750 pt Tournament list

Kayvaan Shrike, 5 Assualt Marines, Flamer, Sergeant with Storm Shield & Thunder Hammer

3 squads of 10 Space Marines, Missile Launcher & Flamer, Sergeant with Chainsword & Power Fist, Rhino with Storm Bolter & Extra Armour

5 Assault Terminators with Storm Shields & Thunder Hammers, Land Raider Redeemer with Multi-Melta

Predator Annhilator, Storm Bolter & Extra Armour

Having read Shrike's entry in Codex Space Marines I want to try him out, so basically he and the Assault marines will create havoc behind enemy lines whilst the Terminators assault the enemy HQ. The Space Marine squads will claim objectives and provide fire support along with the Predator.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-26-09, 12:33 AM

I'm assuming that you'll combat squad the tactical marines so the ML can shoot while the PF Fleets like crazy. If you can fit in three razorbacks instead since you'd only be transporting 5 guys anyway. Only 15 point more = three TL Heavy Bolters. You could tone down the HQ TH/SS for a power weapon and there it is right there.

Sounds great to me overall--fleeting powerfists taking objectives. Yikes!!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-26-09, 09:09 AM

i can only see 1660 there got 90 left to spend. list doesn't look right to me

i have 3 dreads in pods 3 10 man tacts 2 las 1 multi melta in rhinos 2 vindis 2 typhoons master of forge assault squad is to small i'd just combat tactics fall back then rapid fire you raider would cop lascannons if failed vindicator then put second vindi on termies.

i play RG i'd have 3 ten man assault squads 3 ten man troops maybe four 2 in pods and an assault squad in pod and either dreads or vindis for support all melta weapons in drop pod tact squads i can get 73 men in RG troop army forget termies yes hard but 5 2/1's and your gone and thats your hardest unit.

get chaplin shrike 1 tenn man ass squad and infiltrate and run second squad in support of shrike work onn one flank tacts hold and objective combat squad on arrival follow shrikes wake to claiim other objectives they'll try and take your objective or reclaim theres with 2 vindis it'll be a shit fight either way.

sorry all this is overwhelming but was in rush

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-26-09, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

The Sullen One's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'll have to check the points cost again, but if I do have 90 points I'll either make the assault squad ten man, or add in a Predator Destructor.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-26-09, 05:01 PM

Inquisitor Malaclypse's Flag is: Honduras

definitely make the assault squad to ten marines, and if you do have points left over change the rhinos into Razorbacks for added firepower.

good advice so far.

good hunting.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-09, 10:40 AM

SHRIKE 4 EVER
you should get scouts, and more devs. us escouts more as that is ggod tactics with the special rules. then when you can, unleas as much close comabat as possible, with back up from a dev squad or 2. you'll be sure to win

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode