Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

2000 pts vs CSM

330 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  aznul 
#1 ·
Ok I think the title says it all but let me give you a little info about my opponent. He plays Red Corsairs with Huron normally leading the front. Usually he will have another Chaos Lord in Termie armor to support Huron but sometimes uses a Deamon Prince, or Greater Deamon of Khorne. His troop make up has mostly normal marines but he also throws in a squad of termies and 'zerkers for the add'ed punch. He is also never with out his Tsons for MEQ killin. Finally he always plays at least 1 vindicator.

Anyway my list for dealing with this is as follows. I encourage you guys to be as rough as you can with the list. suggestions are why I'm here :eek:k:

HQ:
Space Marine Captain
Power sword, boltpistol, artificer armor 130pts

Lib
Quickening, Vortex of Doom, 100pts

Troops:
10 man Tac Squad 1:
Flamer, ML 170pts

10 man Tac Squad 2:
Flamer, ML 170pts

10 man Tac Squad 3:
Melta, ML 175pts

10 man Tac Squad 4:
Plasmagun, Plasma Cannon 185pts

Elites:

Sternguard:
Power fist, combi-melta, 155pts

Dread:
105pts

Termi Assualt Squad:
200pts Has Landraider attached

Heavy Support:

Land Raider
Storm Bolter and hunter killer 270pts

Vindicator:
115pts

Fast attack:

10 man Assualt Squad:
Power Wep, Storm Sheild, Meltabombs 225pts

Total 2000.

My tactics will change based upon the board we play on at our local shop and what type of terrain set up we use, but suggestions are always helpful.

Now This is what I have to add swap out for my army.

10 man Termie Squad with 1 Cyclone ML and 1 Assualt cannon.

5 man scout squad with sniper rifles.

Command Squad.

1 Pred loaded down with las cannons :biggrin:

I whirlwind

2 Land Speeders

2 Rhinos

6 man Squad of Grey Knight termies with a Stern model for leader

Calgar and his honor guard

1 Chaplin.

any advice would be welcome. I'm looking to gain a big W in my next game. :victory:

See less See more
#2 ·
well i have had to deal with choas alot and from what i can tell u is plasma is ur best friend i can c u dont have much but i would high recomend getting some more guns and cannons, also remeber marine for marine they will beat u in melee combat so try not to get CC untill u have more marines then them. if he likes to use thousand suns watch out, they have AP 3 normal bloters with slow and purposeful this means they can always shot 24 inches with their bolters and always rapid fire if ur in 12 inches of them. also if he likes to field obliterators hit them with str 8 weps so u can kill them on the spot meltas and ML will do the trick. As a side note i would try to swing extra armor to ur dread and drop the storm bolter on the landraider for a multi-melta. (storm bolter will not do much to marines)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.