1750pt Ultramrines 5th Company List - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-27-08, 05:53 AM Thread Starter

Default 1750pt Ultramrines 5th Company List

I'd upload an Army Builder file for easier viewing, but the site doesn't accept it sadly. You would think it would on this site. Probably something in the way the vBulletin was designed. So here goes.

1 - Space Marine Chapter Master 180 pts
-Relic Blade
-Storm Shield
-Digital Weapons

1-10 Man Honor Guard Squad 380 pts
-Chapter Champion
-Chapter Banner

1- Venerable Dreadnought 190 pts
-Plasma Cannon
-Extra Armour

1-10 Man Tactical Squad 210 pts
-Meltagun
-Rhino Transport

1-10 Man Tactical Squad 215 pts
-Plasma Gun
-Rhino Transport

1-6 Man Tactical Squad 146 pts
-Razorback Transport

1-6 Man Tactical Squad 146 pts
-Razorback Transport

1-Land Raider Crusader 275 pts
-Multi-melta
-Extra Armour

Army Total is 1747pts

All Rhinos and Razorbacks are standard variations, no weapons or vehicle upgrades. The Chapter Master and Honor Guard Squad will go into the Crusader of course. I usually take some Assault Marines and thought about taking some Vanguard Veterans, but for how I would equip them, they would be awesome but too expensive.

Plus since my car was broken into a few months back and my last army was stolen, I'm looking to get my army back on the relatively cheap side, so I thought I'd try something different. This army through GW with shoulder pads, tactical and Ultramarine, and the Forgeworld Ultramarine Venerable Dreadnought and Rhino Doors (already have the Land Raider ones) will run me about $800 or so for everything, so not that cheap but not really expensive also. I think it's a pretty balanced list. I was disappointed you can't give the 6 man Tactical Squads Special Weapons anymore under the new Codex:SM rules. Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited by Grik; 11-27-08 at 06:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-27-08, 05:56 AM

Amra_the_lion's Flag is: USA

get rid of those individual point costs right quick!

I dont see a reason for a ten man honor guard unit. Drop it down so you can increase the 6 man tacs to full size. You know you have like 800pts in one unit, including the crusader. Thats a huge waste. I know its saving you some bank, but I cant see it being effective against anyone with a little ordinance.

This army doesnt seem like it has a lot of fun stuff in it. One giant overpriced hammer unit, and a bunch of plain Jane tac squads. 800$ and you will be bored with it right away. Is this your play style? Are you in a rush for 1750? You might want to scale back, because if this doesnt work, you just invested 800$ in what amounts to 6 real units.

"And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air;
And there came a great voice
Out the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying: It is done."

Last edited by Amra_the_lion; 11-27-08 at 06:03 AM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-27-08, 05:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amra_the_lion View Post
get rid of those individual point cost right quick!

But I like it! I'm anal about that stuff, and everything being in order. Not OCD anal, but everything neat and tidy. Makes for a long list, so sorry.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-27-08, 06:05 AM

its illegal. GET RID OF THEM.

read your rules
https://heresy-online.net/forums/announcement.php?f=139

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-27-08, 06:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
its illegal. GET RID OF THEM.

read your rules
https://heresy-online.net/forums/announcement.php?f=139
Yes, I just read that as well. I didn't see if before I posted. My bad, making the changes now.

Quote:
I dont see a reason for a ten man honor guard unit. Drop it down so you can increase the 6 man tacs to full size. You know you have like 800pts in one unit, including the crusader. Thats a huge waste. I know its saving you some bank, but I cant see it being effective against anyone with a little ordinance.

This army doesnt seem like it has a lot of fun stuff in it. One giant overpriced hammer unit, and a bunch of plain Jane tac squads. 800$ and you will be bored with it right away. Is this your play style? Are you in a rush for 1750? You might want to scale back, because if this doesnt work, you just invested 800$ in what amounts to 6 real units.
I've used an army list similiar to this when I had about 4,000 points of Ultramarines. I've never had an issue with ordinance. Bright/Dark Lances are an issue, but besides me at my local gaming store where I play there are only 2 other Eldar/Dark Eldar players, maybe 3. My dreadnought usually gets all the attention first.

As for 1750, my friends and and I heard a rumor back when 4th Ed was going to come out, that all Rogue Trader and GW Sanctioned Tourneys were going to be 1750 instead of 1500 points. I haven't played in a tourney since 3rd Ed. (haven't had the time, or money, or knew about it too late when they rolled around), so I don't know if that change is true or not. But we built lists to prepare for that possibility and have been playing that way ever since.

I would like maybe an Assault Squad or Vanguard Veteran Squad with Jump packs in there too, and if I do, I'll cut back on the Honor Guard, or mayeb get rid of them completely to make room for them. It may be a little vanilla but I play maybe ea couple times a month, so it will work until I have some extra cash to add some more units and variety. Plus I like to paint just as much as actually playing so that will keep me busy too.

Last edited by Grik; 11-27-08 at 06:23 AM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-27-08, 06:14 AM

Sorry for jumping you for it, but good ol' GW dont like it none, and the mods are always watching...

you can keep the wargear, and the unit total, just not the actual itemized wargear costs. So put the wargear back.

Last edited by Amra_the_lion; 11-27-08 at 06:17 AM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-27-08, 06:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Sorry for jumping you for it, but good ol' GW dont like it none, and the mods are always watching...

you can keep the wargear, and the unit total, just not the actual itemized wargear costs. So put the wargear back.
It's all good. I read the General Forum Rules when I signed up, just missed that one at the top of the page. Besidesno need in making the mods and GW mad.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-27-08, 06:30 AM

well get the wargear back in there (less individual point costs) so we can get back to the business. Also I note that you are from Seattle, in the glorious state of my birth, thats always a plus.

Last edited by Amra_the_lion; 11-27-08 at 06:38 AM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-27-08, 06:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
well get the wargear back in there (less individual point costs) so we can get back to the business. Also I note that you are from Seattle, the glorious state of my birth, thats always a plus.
Seattle is city not a state. Yeah born and raised about half my life here. I love it here. Was an army brat so I spent 12 of my 27 years in Europe.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-27-08, 06:38 AM

i meant 'in the glorious state' you know what I meant.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode