Need help with a 2k Dark Angels list - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-17-19, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

High_Seraph's Flag is: USA

Default Need help with a 2k Dark Angels list

So like the title says I need help with what would be good for a 2k point Dark Angels list with no special character or new models. I do have a company of marines and about 35 Deathwing terminators with a squad or three of Ravenwing as well. I have two whirlwinds and 2 predators as well as a Land Raider Crusader. Haven't really played a game since the begining of 6th when I got dragged to a small tourney so completely new to most things that have come out since then.

"Loyalty is its own reward."
Lion El'Jonson.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-17-19, 10:21 PM

Grokfog's Flag is: England

Well, with the Beta Bolter rules, Deathwing Terminators, the Ravenwing Bikes, and the Land Raider Crusaders Hurricane Bolters are going to be kicking out a truly unholy amount of strength 4 shots, so that may make for a good core. You'll have to excuse me giving any more in depth assistance though, I don't own the Dark Angels codes yet.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-17-19, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

I have no clue and reading through the new codex is confusing as hell as what is the power rating or whatever the heck it is in the corner and why is that there and what is it for?

Lion El'Jonson.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-17-19, 11:41 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Most people just use the points values. Power level makes for quicker list building, using standard unit sizes with the cost of sny upgrades included in the power level. As for the D.A I have the codex but not gone through it really. Unlike a lot of people I hate the new primaris marines, that being said inceptors are too good to pass on really.

I don't have the codex to hand but with what you have listed you would s decent army based around the predators, the crusader and ravening squads, that be half your points right there. Marines are s bit lacklustre this edition but the D.A have good stratagems and some unique flying units. Not really helpful I know, but im a collector not a gamer really

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-19, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

Ah that's fine oldman just glad to get any advice as any list building skills I may have had have gone away.

Lion El'Jonson.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-19, 01:44 AM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

Unless you've already signed up for something, I'd very much suggest playing a smaller game or two to get a handle on things before worrying about a 2k points list.

While I think you've got a good core, you may need to find some more anti-armour for a 2k list... That's the sort of territory where the Knights Valiants live

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-19, 01:58 AM Thread Starter

Yeah doing a fun 40k campaign and need two 2k point lists but I do have the models for the lists just not any of the new shit. Free campaign just doing ir for fun.

Lion El'Jonson.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-19, 10:25 PM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

Hrmm. Let's try and work this out logically then, starting with HQs. None of the new shit means everything Primaris is out, but in a Company-sized toolbox of marines you can probably find models that make good Lieutenants/Ancients. No Special Characters (that's gonna sting) limits the selection further though. Masters, Chaplains and Librarians in several varieties remain available at least.

Between Grim Resolve and the Dark Angel penchant for Plasma weaponry, a Lieutenant should probably be the first HQ. If we're aiming for some Ravenwing, putting in a Talonmaster would similarly be a good idea (if you've got a model that can serve).

Master might add some more mobile rerolls if we're footslogging, though I'd normally recommend just going with Azrael then...

What does the armoury look like? What kind of heavy/special weaponry do you have available?

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-19, 03:39 AM Thread Starter

To be honest most of my special weaponry is plasma guns/pistols with a small smattering of flamers and meltas. Heavy weapons is more missile launchers than anything else with a small smattering of lascannons and plasma cannons. I do have enough rhinos/razorbacks to comfortably sit most of my army. Did have a friendly game where my opponent brought 2 knights at a thousand points and I used deathwing and land raider crusader with two preds, one full las the other auto cannon and heavy bolter. Just got wrecked though. So not really liking this new edition but imma try to move past that.

Lion El'Jonson.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-19, 09:32 AM

Grokfog's Flag is: England

Your opponent brought two knights to a friendly game at 1000 points?

Your opponent deserves to have those knights stuffed up their arse.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode