2K Deathwatch - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-27-18, 01:51 AM Thread Starter

CE5511's Flag is: USA

Default 2K Deathwatch

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to get back into 40k after a very long absence (5th or 6th ed I Think). I'm looking at trying my hand at Deathwatch. Posted is a 2k Deathwatch list for casual gameplay and conversion potential. Ive always loved the idea of the Fallen, so I'm going to convert these models in a range of power armor from Mk3 all the way up to current. I'm up for any suggestions you have, But I would like to stay fairly close to deathwatch if possible. Tactics in green are my basic plan, but subject to the situation.

Watch master 130pts (The Tome of Ectoclades Relic) Warlord Trait- Lord of Hidden Knowledge
-Provides Reroll bubble, and relic buff. Should stay with bulk of army and razorbacks.
Watch Captain with Jump pack, Xeno Phase Blade and Master Crafter Boltgun 105pts (Beacon Angelis Relic)
-Moves with combat squadded biker/Jump dudes for reroll bubble. Could also jump down, pop the beacon, and do things.
Venerable Dread with Twin Lascannon and Missile Launcher 165pts
- Should stay backfield with Stalker bolter campers. Use stratagem to allow rerolls as needed.
Razorback with Twin Lascannon and Hunter Killer Missile 126pts
- Provides bulk of anti armor. Sits still first few turns to crack armor or transports as needed. Watchmaster works with these guys
5Vets, 1Vanguard Vet, and 4Bikers, 5 melta guns, 4 twin boltguns, 1 Power Sword on a biker, 1 bolt pistol on Vanguard, 9 chainswords 304 pts

5Vets, 1Vanguard Vet, and 4Bikers, 5 melta guns, 4 twin boltguns, 1 Power Sword on a biker, 1 bolt pistol on Vanguard, 9 chainswords 304 pts
- Combat squad the melta vets and place in deepstrike to kill armor. 4bikes and 1 vet in another group to harass, charge-fallout-rapidfire-recharge as needed, or score objectives (Troops choice).
10Vets, 5stalker boltguns, 2 Storm Shields, 1 Deathwatch Fragcannon, 4 StormBolters, 8chainswords 221pts
10Vets, 5stalker boltguns, 2 Storm Shields, 1 Deathwatch Fragcannon, 4 StormBolters, 8chainswords 221pts
- Combat squad the stalker bolter guys to camp. other groups go in razorback with watchmaster
6Vets, 2 Storm Shields, 2 Deathwatch Fragcannons, 4 StormBolters, 4 chainswords 172
- Goes in razorback, kills stuff

Any thoughts? I doubt the biker/ Vanguard vet teams will make a huge splash, but I want to try them. It seems like a really novel way to bend their rules, But fun none the less!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-27-18, 10:51 PM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

I actually expect the Meltagun Vets deepstrike part of the squad to perform below your expectations... Note you have to deepstrike at 9"+ and that's outside Melta rule range. And you're unlikely to get a second shot. Granted, we can hope your dice luck isn't as horrible as mine

TBH, my only problem with the list is that you don't have a fast element other than the Watch Captain that can move up early to support your deep strikes or react quickly to enemy deep strikes. Mobility is important.

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode