1500 Blood Angels list - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-08, 05:10 AM Thread Starter

Gannon's Flag is: USA

1500 Blood Angels list

Here's what I'm looking into getting for my next project (down the way a bit, but why not prep ahead of time right? This is a generalized list to take on all comers. Let me know your thoughts.

Chaplain
-Melta bombs
-Jump pack

Chaplain
-Melta bombs
-Jump pack

TROOPS

Tactical Squad x 10
-Flamer
-Missle launcher
Veteran Sgt
-Power weapon
-Melta bombs

Tactical Squad x 10
-Plasma gun
-Lascannon
Veteran Sgt
-Power weapon
-Melta bombs

Assault Squad x 10
-Plasma pistol
Veteran Sgt
-Power weapon
-Melta bombs

ELITE

Furioso Dreadnought
-Extra armor

Scout Squad x 5
-Sniper rifles x 4

Death Company x 3
-Jump packs

HEAVY SUPPORT

Baal Predator
-Extra armor
-Pintle storm bolter

Vindicator
-Extra armor

Total model count-43
Total kill points-12
Army value-1500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-08, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Chaplain
-Melta bombs
-Jump pack

Chaplain
-Melta bombs
-Jump pack
First of all for the points your paying Lemartes is a better option in place of one of these. For only a bit more points you get the negative leadership modifier to enemies and an extra wound. For the other HQ, since it's only 1500 points you don't have to take 2 HQ but i would go for a commander for the LD 10 to all units.

TROOPS

Quote:
Tactical Squad x 10
-Flamer
-Missle launcher
Veteran Sgt
-Power weapon
-Melta bombs
This is good but I've always found meltabombs to be a waste. Considering you hit vehicles rear armor in combat krak grenades should be enough.

Quote:
Tactical Squad x 10
-Plasma gun
-Lascannon
Veteran Sgt
-Power weapon
-Melta bombs
Again no meltabombs, the plasma gun is good but it costs 15 points which i think is a rip-off. Take it away and replace power weapon with a power fist.

Quote:
Assault Squad x 10
-Plasma pistol
Veteran Sgt
-Power weapon
-Melta bombs
Good but once again no meltabombs and the plasma pistol isn't the best choice either, but it isn't the worst choice on an assault squad either, so keep it if you have nothing better to spend the points on.

ELITE

Quote:
Furioso Dreadnought
-Extra armor
This is just an accident waiting to happen. A dread like this is alright in smaller games but once they get big, you need to make it a Death Company and Venerable one with Drop pod. This does get expensive though.
Quote:
Scout Squad x 5
-Sniper rifles x 4
Scouts are just absolute bullshit. For the points your spending on this you can practically get a normal Tac squad with a free DC included.

Quote:
Death Company x 3
-Jump packs
Good but try to up the numbers a bit.

HEAVY SUPPORT

Quote:
Baal Predator
-Extra armor
-Pintle storm bolter

Vindicator
-Extra armor
Extra armor isn't needed on these.

With the points you've saved try getting more DC and maybe a rhino for one of your tac squads.

This is just my opinion though. Good luck.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-08, 12:07 PM

I agree with Hooman on pretty much all of this.

Lemartes for the HQ; he should be leading the DC and they are an anti-troop assault unit. They don't need a leader with meltabombs. I don't think a second HQ is necessary, saving 125 pts.

Your troops look OK, but I might be tempted as Hooman suggests to swap one power-weapon for a fist. If I did though, I'd keep the plasmagun, and designate those guys as a tank-hunter unit. Again though, drop the meltabombs on the flamer unit for definite, the plasma unit probably (you'll save enough for the powerfist upgrade I think!). Some people like big assault squads, some like small. I like big, so I'm not going to complain, but if you read a few BA threads in here and 'Tactics' you'll get a grasp of the arguments for and against.

I agree that neither Furioso Dreads nor Scouts seem like good value. BA is great for Assault Units. It seems daft not to use them.

Likewise attack bikes. Arguably the best unit in the BA arsenal.

And lastly, like Hooman I'd use some of the spare points to up the number of DC. Again, they're a great assault unit.

Hope some of that helps.

:sanguine cyclops:

"Well it's Forty-one Thousand Nine Hundred Sixty-nine OK -
Gotta war across the Milky Way - "
Iggius Popiscus and the Stoogii, "41,969"

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-08, 07:49 PM

DarKKKKK's Flag is: USA

Totally get rid of your Dreadnought, Scout squad, and Pintle SB on Pred. Replace Lemartes with both Chaplains and stick him with Death Company. With those extra points get more infantry to build up the Death Company. Go for more Assault Squads and/or Vet Assault Squads. Maybe replace Pred or Vindicator with Devastator Squad and consider adding in Attack Bikes with MM.

"There is no peace among the stars, only an eternity of slaughter and the laughter of thirsting gods."
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-08, 03:18 AM Thread Starter

Gannon's Flag is: USA

Interesting thoughts, for the most part people seem to be against the following:

Dread
Scouts
Melta bombs

I understand not wanting the above, but isn't the extra armor necessary for mid-ranged attack vehicles such as Vindi's and Baal's? Just wondering on this one, because Extra armor always seems to help my Exorcists.

Oh and I'll be adding Lemartes in there, but I'll be using a different model, the current one is just crap!

I'll take these into account and post another list.

Last edited by Gannon; 11-18-08 at 03:19 AM. Reason: added some stuff
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-08, 10:18 PM

Sanguinary Dan's Flag is: USA

I don't think anyone is actually against the Furioso, just the base-line version you are bringing. He needs Venerable and the Heavy Flamer at a minimum, followed by Death Company and then finally a Drop Pod if you've got the points.

Scouts really don't work for us. In their attempt to pound the six 5-man Scout Squads with naked Vets of the old Codex into the same grave as the "Rhino Rush" they've pushed the whole entry into oblivion. A small unit set up for CC and used to out flank is about all they are good for these days.

I'd also consider converting the 10 man RAS into a VAS. For only 25 points you gain an extra attack per Marine and the whole unit goes to LD9. A nice bonus if you go with Combat Squads.

Just by removing the Scouts you'd have the points to make these and the other recommended changes and have a much more effective force. Or not.

"As a rule of thumb, the designers do not hide "easter eggs" in the rules. If clever reading is required to unlock some sort of hidden option, then it is most likely just a result of wishful thinking." Pete Haines
For the Emperor's sake people it's a TURRET! There is no such thing as a turrent.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode