750pt blood angel army help - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-08, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

grim reaper's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default 750pt blood angel army help

Bit of advice needed really, building a 750pt Blood angel army. Here’s what Im thinking:

Chaplin lemartes 125pt

Or

Brother Corbulo 100pt

1 x 5 Terminators all armed with lightning claws 200pt

1 x 10 man tactical squad (1 x missile launcher) 200pt

1 x 5 man death company (2 free, 4 paid for) 90pt

1 x 5 man scout squad (4 x sniper rifles, 1 x heavy bolter) 115pt

So that 705pt with Brother Corbulo, or 730pt with Lemartes, Reasoning behind the two HQ choices is Brother Corbulo gives any unit with in 12” the furious charge ability at the start of there assault phase, so send him in along side the terminators its happy days, plus keep him with in 6”of death company, and he keeps them in check also Happy days. But would mean sending these two groups through the middle? With the scouts, and heavy bolter looking to pin down enemy’s on one flank, and the tactical scout charging down the other

With Lemartes you get the honour of the chaper, so any squad he’s with are fearless, he would need to be near the death company, or joined to them, but they already are fearless, so waste really. He has Litanies of hate, which allows to re-roll failed hits, but again needs to be joined to that unit, so would need to be with death company, would make them killing machines. But Also having the death mask to -1 modifier to enemy leadership if they are with in 6”, so if the death company do there thing and wipe out 25% of the enemy unit, happy days. Then that would free up he terminators to do what they want, and the other two units to do as above.

Don’t really know what I’ll be up against in terms of enemies, looking to mainly have a close combat army, as that’s what the angels do best.

Help me make my decision.

"May death come on swift wings for those that choose that path"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-08, 07:45 PM

Sanguinary Dan's Flag is: USA

Firstly I'd have to say go with Lemartes. He provides some serious CC power that Corbulo lacks. Obviously you'll need Jump Packs for the DC, but the extra mobility pays for itself. And you honestly don't have anyone that can take proper advantage of the Red Grail's effects. If you had a Power Weapon or Fist on the Tactical Squad's Sarge or a Rhino for the DC...

At 750 points the Terminators just don't fit. If they were standard shooty Termies I might think a little differently, but with the way Teleport Deep Strike works having to sit there for a turn, basically just scratching your ass, while the other guys get a free round of shooting is too risky. Plus having no idea when or even if they'll arrive makes it even worse. And walking them across the field is just pointless. A 5 man Tactical Squad and a Transport are going to be a better choice. You can bring a TAC w/ Melta Gun and Power Fist riding a Razorback for the exact same points.

Your Tactical Squad needs it's special weapon. Either a Flamer or a Melta Gun (if there is any chance of seeing armor). Giving the Sergeant a Power Sword is also a good idea, but not a must have.

Lose the Scouts. That's 145 points (115 + 30 for a DC) that are better spent on a scoring unit. A 5 man RAS with melta Bombs for the Sarge happens to weigh in at exactly that PV. You gain assault power and mobility in one go as well.

So my suggested list would be:
750 exactly
Lemartes
4 DC w/ Jump Packs (3 free +1)
10 man Tactical Squad w/Msl Launcher, Flamer & Power Sword
5 man Tactical Squad w/ Melta Gun, Power Fist & Razorback
5 man RAS w/ Power Sword or Plasma Pistol

It gives you up to 4 scoring units, plenty of firepower, good assault capability and enough of a weapons mix to handle anything from MEQs to hordes.

"As a rule of thumb, the designers do not hide "easter eggs" in the rules. If clever reading is required to unlock some sort of hidden option, then it is most likely just a result of wishful thinking." Pete Haines
For the Emperor's sake people it's a TURRET! There is no such thing as a turrent.

Last edited by Sanguinary Dan; 10-30-08 at 12:14 AM. Reason: spelling
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-08, 09:51 PM

bl0203's Flag is: USA

SORRY DOUBLE POST COMPUTER PROBLEMS

"Primus Enire Ultima Exire"

Last edited by bl0203; 10-29-08 at 09:58 PM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-08, 09:56 PM

bl0203's Flag is: USA

Well for starters you don't have enough troops, sorry our Scouts are Elites. I agree with Dan, you just don't have the units to makes Corbs useful. And again ditch the termies not worth it at this point.

Start w/Lemartes until you really get a feel for the army. He is pretty solid and a no brainer. I like to start with a base of two TAC Squads in Rhinos with heavy and special weapon. If your going to go Mech you need atleast two tanks. "One is none, two is one." Good luck

"Primus Enire Ultima Exire"

Last edited by bl0203; 10-29-08 at 09:59 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-30-08, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

grim reaper's Flag is: United Kingdom

Thanks for your input, some good things to think on, after sleeping on it, I did realise that it’s way to close combat heavy, only 8 bolters, 1 missile, 6 pistols, 1 heavy bolter, 4 sniper rifle, so only 20 odd shots per firing phase. Just not enough guns, also the terminators make a very big target, that can do nothing to retaliate at range, apart from maybe growl…Will take on board the comments, and add another tactical unit, and upgrade to melta, and add powerfists and/or plasma pistols on the sergeant’s. Loss the terminators, and the scouts. Like the idea of a death company rhino, of jump packs. I’ll have a rethink, and come back with another more rounded list.

"May death come on swift wings for those that choose that path"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode