1850pts Blood Angels/Flesh Tearers Strike Force - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-31-15, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Minigiant's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default 1850pts Blood Angels/Flesh Tearers Strike Force

Hello everyone

I am going to be working on a themed Blood Angels army, where every single model will be painted as Death Company to represent them all succumbing to the Black Rage. Now people will say I should use actual Death company but instead I will be using the models to represent Tactical marines (Bolters) and Assault Marines (Even though there are none in this army list). For this army I will be using the Flesh Tearers Strike Force Force Organisation from Shields of Baal. Idea is to drop the 4 Dreds and run the Assault terminators in Land Raider down my opponents throat and the Tactical marines drop onto objectives.

HQ - Librarian Dreadnought: 245 Points
Heavy Flamer, Level 2 (Biomancy), Warlord
Dedicated Transport - Drop Pod
Location Beacon, Deathwind Launcher

HQ - Librarian Dreadnought: 235 Points
Heavy Flamer, Level 2 (Pyromancy)
Deathwind Launcher

ELITES - Furioso Dreadnought: 180 Points
Frag Cannon, Heavy Flamer
Deathwind Launcher

Deathwind Launcher

TROOPS - 5 Tactical Marines: 150 Points
Heavy Flamer
Sergeant; Power Sword, Melta bombs
Deathwind Launcher

FAST ATTACK - 5 Assault Marines: 125 Points
2 Meltaguns
Sergeant; Melta bombs
Deathwind Launcher

2 Meltaguns
Sergeant; Melta bombs
Deathwind Launcher

FAST ATTACK - Land Speeder: 70 Points
Heavy Flamer, Melta gun

Heavy Flamer, Melta gun

Stormwing Formation

Storm Raven: 225 Points
Twin-linked Lascannon, Typhoon Missile launcher

Storm Talon: 115 Points
Skyhammer Missile launcher

Total: 1835 Points
Never done a Drop pod army so all new to me, What do you think?

Last edited by Minigiant; 12-31-15 at 10:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-31-15, 06:38 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minigiant View Post
HQ - Librarian Dreadnought: 245 Points
Heavy Flamer, Level 2, Warlord
Location Beacon, Deathwind Launcher
I have never had any luck in the 6/7 games I've tried using these bastards in. They're just too damn easy to kill and you've got them in Pods so they'll be even closer and easier to kill. They just don't land with enough of a shooting impact. What discipline were you thinking of for them?

Quote:
ELITES - 8 Assault Terminators: 610 Points
Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields
Dedicated Transport - Land Raider Crusader
If you go second you will have nothing on the table for you opponent to go after aside from this, and if they've taken anywhere close to appropriate measures for anti armour then it's likely to be hobbled T1 or hiding somewhere less opportune for a strike. Walking around with hammernators can be frustrating.

Quote:
ELITES - Furioso Dreadnought: 185 Points
Heavy Flamer, Meltagun
Deathwind Launcher

TROOPS - Cassor the Damned: 140 Points

FAST ATTACK - Drop Pod: 50 Points
Deathwind Launcher
I'd run two frag cannon/heavy flamer ones instead. Way more impact on your enemy's army when they land, still decent after (if they don't get blown up). Not to mention, points saved.

Quote:
TROOPS - 5 Tactical Marines: 135 Points
Heavy Flamer

TROOPS - 5 Tactical Marines: 135 Points
Heavy Flamer

TROOPS - 5 Tactical Marines: 115 Points
Heavy Flamer
Two of these units, and one unit of Assault marines in a Drop Pod with two meltaguns and a combi-melta. It's the same points and gives you anti-armour...which this list kinda lacks outside of close combat.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-31-15, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Thank you @ntaw I was hoping the resident Blood Angel player would help. I have no experience with Marines and in this case I am slightly balancing a theme. I would really appreciate your help on getting this list pretty solid as I am only going to do this once and not buy more than I will use

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
I have never had any luck in the 6/7 games I've tried using these bastards in. They're just too damn easy to kill and you've got them in Pods so they'll be even closer and easier to kill. They just don't land with enough of a shooting impact. What discipline were you thinking of for them?
I was thinking Divination for one and no idea for the second

Quote:
If you go second you will have nothing on the table for you opponent to go after aside from this, and if they've taken anywhere close to appropriate measures for anti armour then it's likely to be hobbled T1 or hiding somewhere less opportune for a strike. Walking around with hammernators can be frustrating.
Any idea for solutions, Deep Strike is probably worse

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-31-15, 07:16 PM

Quote:
I was thinking Divination for one and no idea for the second
What role do you want your Libbynaughts to fulfill on the battlefield, one man armies or buff units?

Quote:
Any idea for solutions, Deep Strike is probably worse
It's just....you have this sweet Drop Pod list, but then you have this 600+ point juggernaut sitting by itself on the table likely with nowhere to completely hide. Five Terminators can fit in a Drop Pod, six in a Stormraven, both of which save you points to use elsewhere. Does that fit your theme?

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 12-31-15 at 07:25 PM.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-31-15, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
What role do you want your Libbynaughts to fulfill on the battlefield, one man armies or buff units?
Having never used Psychic powers (Tau player) I honestly dont know. I was thinking Divination to buff the terminators but one man armies sounds fantastic

Quote:
It's just....you have this sweet Drop Pod list, but then you have this 600+ point juggernaut sitting by itself on the table likely with nowhere to completely hide. Five Terminators can fit in a Drop Pod, 6 in a Stormraven, both of which save you points to use elsewhere. Does that fit your theme?
Both of those options work, Stormraven will help plug the no AA gap in the army. I was actually thinking a Storm Wing formation would be pretty good, drop the Land raider and Terminators to fit it all in

Last edited by Minigiant; 12-31-15 at 07:34 PM.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-31-15, 10:29 PM

Quote:
I was thinking Divination to buff the terminators but one man armies sounds fantastic
If you're going for buffing units Divination is the way to go, if you want to buff the Psyker go Biomancy or even Pyromancy (though Biomancy is far more reliable). I have to reiterate though that these units are at best decent when they're not your Warlord, and when they are your Warlord you're basically just saying "hey, want Slay the Warlord?" to your opponent. I know you're after a theme, but it's not just me that is having a hard time with the effectiveness of the Libbynaught. I don't know of, and haven't read about, anyone enjoying this unit outside of a total fluff match.

Quote:
I was actually thinking a Storm Wing formation would be pretty good, drop the Land raider and Terminators to fit it all in
Totally works, but I tend to play Blood Angels and not Red Marines (shudder). It's a damn shame we don't get the Stormtalon (since, you know, it kinda fits the whole BA thing like a damn glove) but meh. More money for me.

EDIT: just noticed this:

Quote:
I was hoping the resident Blood Angel player would help.
Guess that's why when I post a list it's crickets

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 12-31-15 at 10:35 PM.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-31-15, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
If you're going for buffing units Divination is the way to go, if you want to buff the Psyker go Biomancy or even Pyromancy (though Biomancy is far more reliable). I have to reiterate though that these units are at best decent when they're not your Warlord, and when they are your Warlord you're basically just saying "hey, want Slay the Warlord?" to your opponent. I know you're after a theme, but it's not just me that is having a hard time with the effectiveness of the Libbynaught. I don't know of, and haven't read about, anyone enjoying this unit outside of a total fluff match.

Totally works, but I tend to play Blood Angels and not Red Marines (shudder). It's a damn shame we don't get the Stormtalon (since, you know, it kinda fits the whole BA thing like a damn glove) but meh. More money for me.

EDIT: just noticed this:

Guess that's why when I post a list it's crickets
I have updated the first post and have thought of a solution. I could drop the two Librarian Dreds for another Furioso, Cassor the Damned and Librarian on foot

Agreed StormTalon is a big miss

Dont worry about posting lists, I get the same when I post Tau lists (Rarely in the scope of things)
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-31-15, 11:32 PM

Your edit seems to be missing some stuff/not in line with what you said it was.

As an aside, I feel like it's more helpful to other people reading these threads aside from us if you show your work on lists. If we post varied incarnations of what we're talking about in comments instead of editing the original post other people can learn what's going on without reading the nitty gritty of every comment to piece together what happened. Hell, maybe there's someone lurking going "that NTAW guy is off his rocker! THIS is what it should be" but they now have no reference to the original list to show alternate points of view. I don't know if this matters at all and I'm not a mod so by all means you don't have to take it to heart. Just seems like the right way to play it

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-31-15, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Your edit seems to be missing some stuff/not in line with what you said it was.

As an aside, I feel like it's more helpful to other people reading these threads aside from us if you show your work on lists. If we post varied incarnations of what we're talking about in comments instead of editing the original post other people can learn what's going on without reading the nitty gritty of every comment to piece together what happened. Hell, maybe there's someone lurking going "that NTAW guy is off his rocker! THIS is what it should be" but they now have no reference to the original list to show alternate points of view. I don't know if this matters at all and I'm not a mod so by all means you don't have to take it to heart. Just seems like the right way to play it
Fair enough, I will do that in future. So I updated the list and have thought of the next possible update and would like your opinion. Drop LibDreds for Furioso, Cassor the Damned and Librarian on foot
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-01-16, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Third Update:

HQ - Librarian: 90 Points
Level 2 (Divination)

Deathwind Launcher

Deathwind Launcher

Deathwind Launcher

TROOP - Cassor the Damned: 140 Points

FAST ATTACK - Drop Pod: 50 Points
Deathwind Launcher

TROOPS - 5 Tactical Marines: 150 Points
Heavy Flamer
Deathwind Launcher

2 Meltaguns
Sergeant; Melta bombs, Power Sword
Deathwind Launcher

2 Meltaguns
Sergeant; Melta bombs, Power Sword
Deathwind Launcher

Heavy Flamer, Melta gun

Heavy Flamer, Melta gun

Stormwing Formation

Storm Raven: 225 Points
Twin-linked Lascannon, Typhoon Missile launcher

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode