1850 BA Skyhammer - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-21-15, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

HokieHWT's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
The only thing in your list that has any BA flavour is Karlean and from a rules standpoint he is pretty lame. Why not just take a SM CAD of the exact same thing (almost) with Chapter Tactics and better Scouts? This list obviously is about winning, and that BA CAD/BSFD is not a winning choice in my eyes.
Ok, so red marines it is. I'm thinking Ravenguard tactics for the skyhammer, what about the CAD, Ultramarines? Define better scouts, please. I already miss living in a city with a GW store, I could actually talk about this stuff in real life, not bothering people constantly here I'm really sorry for being a pain in the ass!

Check out my 2nd Catachan Regiment Project Log
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=131473

Catachan Devils W6-L11-D1
Steel Legion Heavy Mech W6-L0-D0
Minotaurs and Knights W5-L1-D0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-21-15, 04:38 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieHWT View Post
Ok, so red marines it is.
While I am willing to weather the storm and bring my codex-specific BA out to competitive play outside of tournaments, not many are. Red marines have way better Formations at the moment.

Quote:
I'm thinking Ravenguard tactics for the skyhammer
Which won't make a difference for the 20 Devastator marines that started in a Transport and little difference to the Assault squads who will be in combat and already have the Jump Pack ability from the Formation special rules. Why not Ultramarine Tactics for everyone?

Quote:
Define better scouts, please.
WS4/BS4 Scouts are quite better than WS3/BS3 Scouts, considering they cost the same.

Quote:
I already miss living in a city with a GW store, I could actually talk about this stuff in real life, not bothering people constantly here I'm really sorry for being a pain in the ass!
Not a bother at all man, I have access to gaming locally but rarely have the time to put towards being there these days. Heresy is where I typically chat hobby.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-21-15, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Thanks @ntaw have some more rep mate!

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-21-15, 05:55 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Thanks dude! Always nice to see some more Blood Angels players come out of the woodwork with their lists, red marines or not. After seeing how dieseled Marines and Dark Angels got, not to mention the 'Codex: Angels of Speed' Kauyon book for White Scars and Raven Guard, I anticipate more interesting Formations than what Shield of Baal: Exterminatus offered us somewhere down the pipe line. Cool that we have a Character Dreadnought at Troops in the shape of Cassor the Damned now though, it's fun if you like Dreadnoughts everywhere.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-21-15, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

With the new BA chaplain model, can I add a chaplain with a jump pack to the formation as my HQ?

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-21-15, 08:02 PM

Xabre's Flag is: USA

There's been a bit of debate about that, honestly. If you took a Chaplain (such as in your CAD), you could technically attach him to one of the Skyhammer Assault Squads. HOWEVER, most people say that the character wouldn't get any of the benefits (including turn 1 deployment) because it wasn't purchased as part of the formation.

I've gone back and forth with tons of people on this, and there's no relaly strong answer. The Chaplain certainly would NOT get the assault benefits that the Skyhammer does, but I personally feel he'd be able to Deep Strike in with them first turn, because he benefits from the deployment options that the unit he's part of gets.

Works a lot like adding a Conclave Termilibby to the Grey Knight Nemesis Force.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode