1850pts Totally-Deathwing - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-15, 10:44 PM

Xabre's Flag is: USA

Which makes sense, because it's part of the Lion's Blade, so can function without RW.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-15, 10:45 PM

So land raiders are not part of the first company anymore it seems....
Can take them as dedicated transports but cant actually field them. Cant take any heavy support LRs either or FW variants.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-15, 10:54 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormxlr View Post
Can take them as dedicated transports but cant actually field them.
You're jumping the gun a little bit home slice. Deathwing squads of any type can take any type of in-codex land raider as dedicated transport (I'm not familiar with the wording of anything from FW aside from the Mortis dreads), just like any other squad of terminators, and dedicated transports are allowed within any formation unless otherwise stated. The only restrictions are the ones that I have stated; you just don't have the option of taking LRs as heavy support options.

Side note, the deathwing upgrade for LRs is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xabre View Post
Which makes sense, because it's part of the Lion's Blade, so can function without RW.
Lol. The formation makes sense to work by itself because it's meant to be part of a much larger detachment (most of whose auxiliary selections are RW based), but the detachment isn't supposed to work without RW support because...it...isn't a standalone detachment at all...and....

This all seems very backward

EDIT: Does any of this even remotely relate to MS's list?

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 06-27-15 at 11:06 PM.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-28-15, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
You're jumping the gun a little bit home slice. Deathwing squads of any type can take any type of in-codex land raider as dedicated transport (I'm not familiar with the wording of anything from FW aside from the Mortis dreads), just like any other squad of terminators, and dedicated transports are allowed within any formation unless otherwise stated. The only restrictions are the ones that I have stated; you just don't have the option of taking LRs as heavy support options.

Side note, the deathwing upgrade for LRs is gone.
EDIT: Does any of this even remotely relate to MS's list?
I will just say here that, both formation and detachment state that everything must start in Deep Strike Reserve, so if you take LRs as dedicated transports they will HAVE to be in DS Reserve but cant get out of it since they dont have Deep Strike USR, and afaik it does not state anywhere that it confers it from Formation or Detatchment. Same reason why Dreadnoughts are forced into Drop Pods in both formation and Detachment.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-28-15, 10:48 AM

Xabre's Flag is: USA

So take a Spearhead and paint it green and bone.

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-28-15, 10:10 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Damn, I didn't realize that it said 'Deep Strike Reserve' specifically and not just 'Reserve'. I figured that if they were in a LR they would just drive on from their board edge the selected turn.

That's two pretty large oversights as far as I'm concerned. A caveat for venerables in drop pods but nothing about LRs arriving from DS as a dedicated transport for DW, and the RW detachment is allowed three HQs but there's only one choice (at a time anyway) with the RW rule available in the codex.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode