2000 pts, 27 psychic dice - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-14-15, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Xabre's Flag is: USA

Default 2000 pts, 27 psychic dice

A mix of Blood Angels, Grey Knights, and new Ultrasmurfs, so I used the SM forums.

Librarius Conclave Formation

Librarian - Level 2 (Force Axe, pistol)

Nemesis Strike Force Detachment

Librarian - Level 3, Storm Bolter, Liber Dominus (Warlord)

Librarian - Level 3, Storm Bolter

Grey Knight Terminators - x5, Hammer, Psycannon/Halberd, Halberd, Halberd, Justicar/Falchions

Purifiers - x10, x4 Psycannons

Purifiers - x10, x4 Incinerators

Flesh Tearers Strike Force Detachment

Librarian Dreadnought - Level 2

Scout Squad - x5, Sniper Rifles (damn you troop tax!)

Drop Pod

Drop Pod

Drop Pod

Drop Pod

2000 points

Basic idea: Terminator squad can either start on the ground or Deep Strike in using NemStrikeForce shenanigans. Two Drop Pods get to appear first turn also. Each Pod will have a Combat Squad Purifier unit. I haven't decided if each squad will be 2 guns and 3 meat shields, or possibly drop a 4-Psycannon squad on someone's head. Each squad will also get a Librarian as a 'psychic sergeant'. With Combat Squads, that's 4 dice from every 6-man squad in a pod.

So, yeah, it's a gimmick. But I don't think it's a BAD gimmick. I would love to add Tiggy, but finding another 80 or so points will be tricky without giving up all my firepower, or sacrificing Mastery Levels to run him. I can also add Mephisto for the same cost as the Dreadnought, but he doesn't really have a place to go (much like Tiggy).

Have to decide on powers; realistically, each of the 4 Conclave Libbys should go with a different school so the 'Master' can get access to lots and lots of versatility, but I can also simply run them all useful as, say, Divination caddies.

Thinking a little more as I type, if I dropped one of the Libby Dreads and added Mehphisto, I could also drop one of the Conclave Libbys. With the points I can upgrade another Conclave Libby to Tiggy. Mephisto goes with one of the non-heavy weapon Purifiers, maybe with Falchions or something to make a super blender combat squad. That would actually leave me a few extra points to throw around, just can't decide for what.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-14-15, 02:08 PM

LordOfTheWolves's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hmmm...I see your Mastery levels and raise you 14 culexus assassins (1960pts), maybe a cheap inquisitor to become the warlord

Haha, but no, very interesting list!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-14-15, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Someone actually suggested throwing Culexueses into mine to represent the inquisition monitoring such a force. I started wondering how that word work with Librarians that couldn't cast anyway from the conclave...

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-14-15, 02:58 PM

LordOfTheWolves's Flag is: United Kingdom

I suppose gorging himself on warp charges equals quite a lot of str 5 ap1 shots from his animus speculum...but positioning would be key.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-14-15, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Gave this some more thought. Came up with a variation I think may be even more awesome.

Librarius Conclave Formation

Chief Librarian Tiggy (Warlord for Storm of Fire)

Nemesis Strike Force Detachment

Grey Knight Terminators - x5, Hammer, Psycannon/Halberd, Halberd, Halberd, Justicar/Falchions

Purifiers - x10, x4 Psycannons, 3 Falchions, Hammer, Justicar w/ Falchions

Purifiers - x10, x4 Incinerators, Hammer

Flesh Tearers Strike Force Detachment

Mephiston, Lord of Death

Scout Squad - x5, Sniper Rifles (damn you troop tax!)

Drop Pod

Drop Pod

Drop Pod

Drop Pod

2000 points

So Mephiston drops with the blender Combat Squad (hammer + 4 falchions) to make a brutal CC squad. Tiggy gives the Psycannon squad Shred as much as possible, along with Divination buffs to make sure that everything eyes in a fine red mist.

I'll miss two Libby Dreads (I like symmetry), but I end up still with 27 dice.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-14-15, 04:52 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xabre View Post
I'll miss two Libby Dreads
I know you like symmetry, but have you played these units on the tabletop just yet?

I would love to hear a success story.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-14-15, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
I know you like symmetry, but have you played these units on the tabletop just yet?

I would love to hear a success story.
Nope. This is totally armchair list building.

I'd probably also paint them all blue and gold to look like Thousand Sons.

But I may actually build it!

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-14-15, 05:33 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

I've had a rough time making them relevant on the battlefield. They'd be pretty cool in a T-Sons army!

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-14-15, 07:55 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
Eh, psychic support is fine but it doesn't work for every list - if you have 10 Paladins and Draigo to tank Str8+ on them, then running Librarians just to shoot for Invisibility and/or Sanctuary is fine because you have a really well-synchronised combo of using psychic powers to support your army. I'll just emphasize that last bit - psychic powers support the army. A couple of Presciences, a well-placed Misfortune, a Cleansing Flame at just the right moment to catch a bunch of dudes; they all add a lot to a list, and a list with that support is often better than one without (a microcosm is found in the Riptide - it's a very competitively priced, powerful unit when it can fire on something with at least 2 and preferably a couple of spare Markerlights. Without Markerlights, it's a pretty expensive way to get some okay firepower into an army packed with good firepower). However, and this is the trap I think your list falls into, you can just as easily have too much support and not enough actual army to support it with. 2 Librarians plus Draigo plus at least 3 miscellaneous powers (Sanctuary on the DKs and one Hammerhand because you should manage to have one squad in combat at least) is an awful lot of support and I think that you have far too many points supporting 1000pts of actual army (GKT and DKs).
You're relapsing, Xabre...

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-14-15, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Bah Humbug!

I just wanted to see what I could do with it. With the addition of the Librarian Conclave, it just seemed like a lot of fun to see what would happen. 27 dice, that's what!

This really is still part of my attempt to build a Thousand Sons list that is more psychic across the board, and has some better use than just foot slogging guys. I really liked the Librarian Dreads, so that brought in the Blood Angels, but I wanted something more than 'just' tactical marines. Drop Pod goodness with Purifiers felt like it could actually be semi-potent, especially with Tiggy giving a Psycannon unit shred, and Mephiston and his 5 man squad having a few dozen attacks.

It's definitely a one trick pony gimmick, but it amused me, and got a few 'daaaymns' which was basically the point. I just have to hope that when/if CSM gets a new codex, Ahriman gets a formation as strong as Tiggy or Eldrad did.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode