1650pts vs CSM - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-15, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
friar76's Flag is: England

Default 1650pts vs CSM

Hi all my fellow followers of the Emperor's bright tomorrow!

I am due to have an engagement versus the heretical forces of Chaos this coming week and would like some input on what you think of this list.

I have a feeling my opponent will be fielding hellbrutes and the like, with some cultists and chaos astartes to make up the shortfall. Let me know what you think.

Chapter Tactics: Ultramarines
HQ
Chapter Master: Artificer armour, storm shield, thunder hammer, digital weapons, grav pistol & Jump pack- 235pts

Elite
Vangaurd Vet. Squad:
4x Grav pistols, 4x storm shields, chainswords
Sgt: Storm shield, bolt pistol and chainsword- 210pts

Ironclad Dreadnought: 2x H/K missiles, Assault grenade launchers, P. fist and Seismic Hammer-165pts
(all of the above will be in a storm raven- see below)

Troops
Tactical Squad: 10 man, 1x grav gun (per squad), 1x lascannon
Vet. sgt: chainsword and bolt pistol- in rhino- 220pts (x2 squads)-440pts

Fast Attack
Stormtalon Gunship: T/L heavy bolter, T/L Assault cannon: 110pts

Heavy Support
Stormraven Gunship: T/L lascannons, T/L multi-meltas & Stormstrike missiles: 200pts

Predator: T/L Lascannon, Lascannon sponsons and storm bolter: 145pts
Predator: T/L Lascannon, Lascannon sponsons and storm bolter: 145pts

I generally field armour and troop-heavy lists, so my mini 'deathstar' is VERY experimental.

As always all C& C are welcome

For The Emperor!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-15, 01:40 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

cool army, altough i'd rather use Ravenguard tactics...ultramarines ones are somewhat lacklustre...even iron hands could boost your army a lot more!

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-15, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

I know,but don't like other chapters tactics that differ to the colour scheme lol.

I'd run raven guard if it didn't grind my gears so much, but will see how it goes.

What is your opinion of the vv/ironclad/chapter master combo- hope it arrives T2

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-15, 03:25 PM

oh, i hear you about the colour issue! and i agree
if you are set in using Ultra-tactics, i suggest to swap Predators out for Devastators w/lascannons; that way you can benefit from a better mobility and a turn of ultramarine epicness (vehicles sadly can't...)

About your "deathstar" unit and dread and flier, honestly too many eggs in one basket. You should drop the dreddy and add an aegis line with comm relay: it would help your devastators to cover themselves and would guarantee a turn 2 arrival of the birdie. Plus, with the spare points you get with the above emntioned modifications, you could add a couple of barebones vanguard vets to the boss retinue, since 5 marines will just die to bolters, no matter how many shields you put there. Also, removing the shield from a couple of vets could help you add 2 bodies and you'd still be able to tank wounds on sarge and chapmaster, using Lookoutsir to kill the unshielded guys...

EDIT: oh, yeah. grav pistols...to me, wasted points. you'll just shoot once with those, statistically. maybe twice. are they worth the steep price? more bodies are better imo. drop two pistols and add bodies and meltabombs!

Quote:
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

Last edited by neferhet; 05-08-15 at 03:27 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-15, 06:34 AM Thread Starter

Well the game has been postponed as my opponent felt like he was dying on the day

I will probably drop the ironclad, but will see how it goes. I hope to get them in combat before they get shot by a wall of bolters, but it is a fair point. If I did drop the ironclad and some of the storm shields the extra number of vvets would make a difference, if not in terms of bodies to support the chapter master, then in terms of combat effectiveness. good point

As for the devastators good call. Makes sense with the tactical doctrine, but would need the cover to survive any form of attack.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-15, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by friar76 View Post
but would need the cover to survive any form of attack.
As would do any vehicle wise enough ;)

I'm waiting to hear how the battle goes

Quote:
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-15, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Unfortunately the game has been indefinitely postponed. Probably will use the list in another game. Had a 4000pt a-side game instead at Warhammer world: Loyalist Ultras and imperial guard vs traitor Ultras (heretical I know!), traitor knights and warhound titan. Am currently compiling the batrep. Will post it in a new thread once complete

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode