1750 BA for Tournament - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-17-15, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

I wholeheartedly agree, Mossy. When he rolled Invisibility for both his Psykers we both just kinda looked at each other and went 'here we go!'. My dual Furioso dreads have been stars in every game they see the table in. If I can get them into combat they just end stuff, and if I focus shooting the two of them on one target the turn they arrive 6 templates can cause quite the ruckus.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-17-15, 12:59 AM

IntereoVivo's Flag is: Ghana

Sounds like a great game Which (IMO) makes the list a success.

post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-17-15, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

The list was indeed a great success! If I had have faced someone who had anything on the table T1 (I lost the roll off and went second) it might have been a very different outcome.

Just remembered I played a Deathwind ML on the Pod with the Assault squad inside. It proved very useful since they were stuck in right close. Just out of curiosity, any suggestions on how to expand it to 2k? I went in gaming today with two lists, swapping the Stormraven for a ten man Assault squad with two Flamers and dual Hand Flamers on the sergeant in case I faced someone who had no answer to Fliers in their model collection. I'd be pretty happy to add those Assault marines in and maybe bump the MLs in the Devastator squad up to having Flakk because I don't have the Heavy Flamers I long to equip my Tactical squads with. Lots of different ways to make up 250 points though!

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-18-15, 12:16 AM
So be it.

I think it would be interesting to run the angel's fury detachment along with that elites detachment - I forget what it's called - for DS assaulting goodness all around.

(to go back a few posts)

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-18-15, 11:44 PM

christopher.dean's Flag is: USA

Hey man. I found a creative way to make my own heavy flamers instead of trying to buy new boxes of models. I bought some very inexpensive Imperial Guard heavy flamers from ebay bits suppliers. I sliced the dual fuel tank back packs in two and glued one where the hoses came out of the weapon. So it's carried like a SM flamer, but bigger with a badass fuel tank. I modeled up about four of these on some marines I whipped up out of my bits box.

Build a man a fire, he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he will be warm the rest of his life.
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-18-15, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

@JAMOB , are you thinking of the 1st Company Detachment for the (up to) 2 HQ and 16 Elites? If so, I unfortunately don't have all the prerequisite model selections to do with any sort of style. If not, please enlighten me! I need me some fun new BA stuff. I just realized that I can actually play the Battle Company Formation out of the Codex...kinda bonkers. I'd have to also play a BSFD but it would be pretty much my entire collection sitting around 4k (of BA, anyway) in a battle-forged list.

@christopher.dean I like your style, got any pics of the work? I feel as though it is relevant to this thread since I would love to take HFs in my Tac squads. Granted, if I was going to shell out the coin to get Guard bits and convert I'd likely just get the Flamer stuff, but sometimes I get inspiration from the darnedest places. I have tons of flame-type weapons in my bits collection (at this point that seems an apt name for it ) that I might be able to mock something up out of.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-19-15, 02:28 AM

I'll see if I can't get a decent pic up. The reason I went with it was that the SM ones are like 8 bucks vs the IG ones for around a dollar each. If I can't brag about saving money when I buy models my beautiful bride to be turns into the hulk.

post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-19-15, 02:50 AM

not the greatest pic, but you can at least see the jist of what I did. Sorry no paint yet. With two book cases of models I get slack. I've thought about only painting models after they perform well in a friendly game and "earn" their colors.

So to keep it tactics oriented, how do you normally use tacticals in BA? It's not something I've done yet since back in 5th there was no point and I love the Flesh Tearer's Strike Force where I get all those FA options and generally just bring a small group of scouts as FOC filler. It just seems wrong bringing Dante in a Flesh Tearer list. That and I'd like to try out that old school furious charge sometime.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150518_223651409.jpg (386.1 KB, 10 views)

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-20-15, 01:58 AM

Starbuck's Flag is: USA

Any good ideas on converting combimeltas? That or alternative load out for that drop pod melta squad that doesnt involve them?

thanks varakir for the sig!

Last edited by Starbuck; 05-20-15 at 02:13 AM.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-20-15, 03:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher.dean View Post
So to keep it tactics oriented, how do you normally use tacticals in BA?
I play them as in this list, a lone MG at ten models mounted in a Rhino. I could put Heavy Bolters in there, but I'd often rather use the points elsewhere until I can maguiver some Heavy Flamers. Good job on yours by the way, simple but instantly looks like something more than the standard Flamer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
Any good ideas on converting combimeltas? That or alternative load out for that drop pod melta squad that doesnt involve them?
I'd do this for the combi-meltas if needed. As for the Podded squad, what would you suggest as an alternate loadout? I also play my RAS with twin Hand Flamers on the Sergeant and two Flamers in the squad but have infantry harassment covered well with the two Furiosos. I like the balance of having something that can threaten TEQ/heavy armour in a Pod as well, Plasma Guns/Pistols are great but I am less than trusting of them (plus that's the most expensive route).

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode