2000pt list vs 2k list with Knight - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-05-14, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
friar76's Flag is: England

Default 2000pt list vs 2k list with Knight

Hi all,

I have a 2000point game versus a good friend of mine tomorrow. I know for a fact he will be using his knight and a space marine force ( either UM or IF). Knowing that in our last match his knight proved a major pain the the a*$ I have considered the following list:

HQ Chapter Master
Artificer armour, storm shield & relic blade

Command Squad
Apothecary
Champion
2x Power Axe, 4x Storm Shield
1x Melta Bombs
Drop Pod

Troop
2x Tac Squad (10 man), combi plas, PG & Rhino

Elite
(5x Assault Terminators) x 2 squads
5x TH/SS (in a Land Raider (with MM)) x2

1x Dreadnought (MM/ CCW)

Scouts x 5
4x Sniper Rifles
1x Missile Launcher
5x Camo cloaks

That brings me to 1999pts. I may need to double check my arithmetic but Im pretty sure it is that amount.

I know that he will not be bringing flyers, but may have some anti tank ( including the knight)

C&C is welcome. Any modifications or advice on how to play this kind of game is appreciated

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-14, 03:04 AM

fatmantis's Flag is: New Zealand

i dont realy see anything in this list thats going to threaten the knight too badly..yeah the termies might get in to combat. and might do damage..i think if your worried about the knight give him something to fear.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-14, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Well heres the kicker- now this actually happened, and I was as shocked as my opponent.

The Hammernators got into combat and removed 3 moves in the first close combat round, then died, the other termies got into combat straight after, again causing 4 wounds that failed to save. I was shcoked!

Anyhow if it wasnt for his destroyer weapon failing to roll sixes, and alot more 1s than to be classed as healthy, it would have been a totally diferent ball game.

...doubt that will EVER happen again!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-22-14, 04:04 AM

Squire's Flag is: Soth Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by friar76 View Post
Well heres the kicker- now this actually happened, and I was as shocked as my opponent.

The Hammernators got into combat and removed 3 moves in the first close combat round, then died, the other termies got into combat straight after, again causing 4 wounds that failed to save. I was shcoked!

Anyhow if it wasnt for his destroyer weapon failing to roll sixes, and alot more 1s than to be classed as healthy, it would have been a totally diferent ball game.

...doubt that will EVER happen again!
I can't figure out exactly what you mean here. The termies took three hull points then died? The second unit? What type of knight was it?

There are some nasty knights out there for killing infantry like terminators, but the original two knight types aren't very good at it if you can get the charge. TH/SS is pretty good for the invulnerable but for taking down knights in CC chaos termies are probably better. Multiple chainfists and mark of khorne for four attacks on the charge is brutal
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-29-14, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Well If I ran a CSM army I would do that. I am considering a word bearers army as my next long term project, ill take that in mind for the future.

I got the charge both times with my terminators, and my opponents rolls on the D strength table were pretty poor. Id say lady luck was on my side that game

The knight in question had a battle cannon and chain blade. Didnt really threaten my troops as they were spread out quite thin, with my elites in land raiders. One land raider bought the farm, but I allowed for that as it got into charge range of the knight. As for the terminators, yes they dided in the end to stomp attacks, then the next team got into combat and killed the knight outright.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode