1250pt blood Angels 'slow and steady' - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-05-14, 07:48 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Let me ask you this then, where can 25 points benefit you better than on your Warlord?

As far as the new 'dex goes, I fuckin' want that shit four months ago. I would completely settle on:

1) across the board lower points cost
2) access to Pyromancy
3) Tactical squads getting special/heavy weapons at 5 men strong

...and I'm sure a few other things, but those three things right there would make this space vampire happy. Aside from wishlisting units, psychic powers, chapter relics, and the like I could deal with those very simple tweaks. However, if we're talking wishlisting:

1) Mephy as Lord of War and an overhaul of his rules
2) Tycho gone, replaced with just about anything. Maybe Lemartez is in a Dreadnought now, really: anything.
3) Some points upgrade that makes Razorbacks assault vehicles (hey, I said WISHlisting), or a new vehicle maybe that's open-topped that we can jump out of
4) Access to Pyromancy - both here and before, because look at that table then look at your Libbynaught
5) Some wild new unit of battle brothers that have 'overcome' the Black Rage like Lemartez and now are the 0-1 Elites slot BA Veteran unit
6) Get rid of the 0-1 restriction on DC when you take a Reclusiarch as HQ, not just Astorath (and who the hell is that guy anyway?!)

and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-05-14, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

kiro the avenger!'s Flag is: England

I disagree with your point 5, I feel it would destroy what deathcompany is to me...
I would like a different flyer... The storm raven was cool when it was OURS, but now it's just spaces marines, bring in the blood falcon! Or something... Don't care what... Just no a floating box please...
Cheaper jump packs on units like death company and vets... Does doubles the price is NOT worth it
No longer need death company to take the dreads
On the most part however i agree with you...

And maybe I can give the chaplain a power fist? That way he can be AP 2 if needed... And do something?

Through temptation and horror
I have held to my faith
As a drowning man grasps at a rock
Judge me not by my weakness
Remember not my sins of late
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-05-14, 09:44 PM

A Power Fist for either selection is 15 points, leaving you 10 to throw somewhere. Decent idea for going Unbound. I think I would personally play the list with a Reclusiarch and 20 man DC blob just for jokes, but also because DC without Liturgies of Blood just ain't the same. Plus, Objective Secured amuses me on DC dreads.

As for the ridiculous elite squad, that's more of a shakeup thing in the fluff than anything else. You mean to tell me out of all of the Blood Angels who have succumbed to the Black Rage that Lemartez is the only one that had the personal strength to overcome it? Not to mention Cobulo and his Priests finally coming up with something. I think it would be cool for the same reason why I think Tycho should be dropped from the Codex and put into an Imperial Armour book on Armageddon: it's science fiction. Why shouldn't it get shook up?!

I also hope that the Heroic Intervention rule stays the way it is for the Vanguard, though I'm not holding my breath. Maybe just change the name so it doesn't clash with the SM 'dex and leave the fundamental aspect the same.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-06-14, 06:13 AM Thread Starter

I never said I was a fan of lemartes fluff
That's a pretty good idea... 20 man blob it is :D
Is it worth going bolt pistol chain sword? I was going on skirmishing for a while with the bolt guns, and they still get 4 attacks on the charge

I have held to my faith
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-06-14, 12:03 PM

I meant that 'you mean to tell me' in the global sense, not specific to you personally. You personally haven't said anything about Lemartez

With regards to the BP/CCW or Bolter approach, how do you have them modeled? If I ever go further than a 9x man DC with BP/CCWs I'm going to give them Bolters so that I can mix things up in a DC list, but that depends on the viability of such an action after a new dex hits.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-06-14, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
I meant that 'you mean to tell me' in the global sense, not specific to you personally. You personally haven't said anything about Lemartez

With regards to the BP/CCW or Bolter approach, how do you have them modeled? If I ever go further than a 9x man DC with BP/CCWs I'm going to give them Bolters so that I can mix things up in a DC list, but that depends on the viability of such an action after a new dex hits.
I never thought you meant me specifically, I was merely giving my opinions

Amd right now the death company are a future purchase as it were...
I can buy 2 DC+ tactical squad to get 20x bolters...
Or 2 DC + 2 assault marines to get 20x bolt pistol/chain sword

Basically I own nothing of this list thus far...
I own 2 furiosos, but they may just get a all black paint job
I think I'll buy 1 at least, or the arms off of bits&kits so I have 2 pairs of whatever load out I want, and maybe 3 dreads for off i want them

I have held to my faith
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-06-14, 03:05 PM

instead of starting a list thread why not start a Death Company tactics thread then?

Popular opinion is that Bolters are better on Death Company, but because I always play them out of either Drop Pods or Land Raider variants I keep them BP/CCW for extra attacks. With Bolters you get more range, to make use of Relentless, and with Rage you still maintain a decent number of attacks on the charge. Financially, Bolters are much less expensive. Two Assault marine boxes is ~$30 more than one Tactical marine box here in Canada.

I magnetized the front plate of my second Furioso, it wouldn't jive with the paint scheme but I could easily paint the DC cover red with a black sarcophagus to run whatever variant I want. Wish I had have had magnets and knowledge when I was putting together the first one, damn it. I have pictures of it in my PLOG, and you can find tutorials online if you can't figure out what I did from the way I have it laid out.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 10-06-14 at 03:08 PM.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-06-14, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

The dreads are built and I'm not bothered... Their flesh tearers so they keep being confused with death company any way

I have held to my faith

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode