Unbound blood angels+tempestus allies 1250pts - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-14, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

kiro the avenger!'s Flag is: England

Default Unbound blood angels+tempestus allies 1250pts

So I've finnaly got a list together after a dozen apithanies and 7th and I've got one... For now... Some things I'm not set on but their there! Namely I would like 70pts spare for a pair of drop pods... But hey I only had 30 which went into a pair of plasma pistols or should they be infer us pistols? I'm not 100% happy with my characters having gets hot weapons... Esspeacially with the pivotal role played by the preist and my libbies reputation for getting severe head aches, often fatal...
He's mastery 2 and one turn he literally killed himself... Didn't get a spell off, 2 double 6s in a row... First blood, slay the warlord to my opponent and no phyic support for me D:
Many sheep died that day... I mean sacrificed

Any way, vulture flys over head (I would like 2 but my wallet isn't best pleased), scions drop down hopefully into a building and shoot
Marines hop forwards with the dreds in tow, who'll smash shit up hopefully
I face grey knight 50% of the time ish and the rest tau and orks, tau are mostly 3 3man broadside squads...

Lvl1 librarian- jump pack, plasma pistol

Sanguinary preist- jump pack, power sword, plasma pistol
Furioso dreadnought- x2 blood talons, heavy flamer
furioso dreadnought- frag cannon, blood fist, magna grapple, heavy flamer

x2 10man assault squads- x2 melta guns, x2 lighting claws(a test of mine), melta bombs
Vulture gunship- twin-linked punisher Gatling cannons
10man tempestus scions (tempestus codex)- x2 plasma guns, plasma pistol

Any good? I don't want to mop the floor with every one I see, but nor do I want to be said mop

My thoughts on combating the tau player is hide behind a building and force him to come to me...
If he wants to camp at the furthest possible corner with everyone effectively in base-base contact because I have no blasts and everyone gets over watch... I'll show him dick campy!

Through temptation and horror
I have held to my faith
As a drowning man grasps at a rock
Judge me not by my weakness
Remember not my sins of late
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-14, 04:59 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

The only reason this list is Unbound is to avoid the HQ from Tempestus Scions and still get Hot Shot Lasguns, yes? No worries about not having cool orders to yell at your soldiers because you have no one who can issue them....

Looks like to me you should grab the Inquisition Codex, make up an Inquisitor and play your Scions as Acolytes with Hot-Shot Lasguns. I'm not sure about the points difference, but you're wasting the potential of an Unbound list in only doing it for the sake of one unit as far as I'm concerned. Get back on the Objective Secured train and still use cool models.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 06-05-14 at 05:01 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-14, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

kiro the avenger!'s Flag is: England

Actually unbound is for the vulture
Because to take it bound I would need the militorum codex, which means I need awkward troops choices

Through temptation and horror
I have held to my faith
As a drowning man grasps at a rock
Judge me not by my weakness
Remember not my sins of late

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-14, 06:45 PM
So be it.

Well, I'd drop a plasma pistol or two in return for having a claw and a fast; you still get the +1 attack, but now you get to choose between s4 ap3 with shred or s8 ap2. If you don't want to model it without any claws, just have one of the claws giving the finger to those MCs

Now, I don't know what the vulture does - is it a transport for your dreads, or do you not have one? I'd try to get a pod for the flamer one at least, if not.

Anyway, this looks pretty good overall. Cheers mate!

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-14, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMOB View Post
you still get the +1 attack, but now you get to choose between s4 ap3 with shred or s8 ap2
On a 1 Wound, 26 (?) point sergeant? 40 points of wargear??

**passes out**

I haven't done that since I was 10 and I'm 28 now, is it actually viable? I had to rely on FnP today instead of a 4++ from a Rosarius/Iron Halo and it sucked. Slay the Warlord for my opponent, luckily the Priest helped sweep the squad outside of the challenge and I still won combat. That was with a Librarian who has two wounds at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMOB View Post
Now, I don't know what the vulture does
Looks like shoot. The Punisher Cannon in the AM dex is S5 AP- Heavy 20, so if it's the same weapon it shoots a lot.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-14, 10:05 PM
So be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
On a 1 Wound, 26 (?) point sergeant? 40 points of wargear??

**passes out**

I haven't done that since I was 10 and I'm 28 now, is it actually viable? I had to rely on FnP today instead of a 4++ from a Rosarius/Iron Halo and it sucked. Slay the Warlord for my opponent, luckily the Priest helped sweep the squad outside of the challenge and I still won combat. That was with a Librarian who has two wounds at least.
Well, 40 isn't that much different than 30 and it greatly increases the versatility of the unit. I have no idea if it works - never tried it personally, but if you're going to spend that much you might as well make it a bit more.

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-14, 11:22 PM

I guess I've just never had much luck with Sergeants in that aspect. Always figured 25 points for a Power Fist was plenty, though I know that loadout to be a successful one for Captains to take.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode