Ironwings!! (Ironhands/ Deathwing Allies) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-14, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Default Ironwings!! (Ironhands/ Deathwing Allies)

Hello Lads and Lassies! Long time since I posted anything in the forums.. But at any rate glad to be back war gaming.
Anyways! I got my hands on the new Space Marine Dex and read through it a few times.. ((Boy.. We got a lot of options with Chapter Tactics and all..) Onto the List!

HQ:
Chapter Master Barahir - Bike, Eternal Shield, Thunder hammer, Artificer Armor (250)

Toops:

5-man Bikes - 2x Grav-guns, Vet/w Powersword (160) <------------(Chapter Master here)
5-man Bikes - 2x Grav-guns, Vet/w Powersword/Meltabombs (165)

Fast:
Storm Talon: TL Assault Cannon, Skyhammer (125)

Heavy:
Thunderfire Cannon (100)

Hunter(70)

Hunter (70)

Allied DA:
Belial - TH/SS (190)

Elite: Deathwing Knights - Perf Relic. (245)

Troops:

Deathwing - 3x SB/PF, 1x CML/CF, Sarge /w SB/PS (250)

Strategy:Chapter Master is kitted out to be Solid while joining the lesser of the two bikes. Have the Bikes Turbo boost while Belial and his Knights DS next to anything super nasty turn 1 thanks to DWA and his Precision Rule, turn 2 Rest of the Termies arrive with DWA next to Belial's Tele Homer.
-Storm Talons and Hunters are my AA. Storm Talons still able to pick off some smaller units if no AA in sight.
-Thunderfire Cannon just cause I like them.
-Chapter Tactics: Iron Hands.

Please comment and Review!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-14, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Well just a quick update for you silent brothers out there..

I used this list against my buddies nids list at 2k. And it was good.. (Surprisingly) for being my fiirst attempt with all this.

First off. The hunters were meh... Not too impressed i mean i think its too much AA.. The Tiny Stomies are enough for AA. Of course it was only two Hive tyrants I had to shoot down.. But still.
Thunderfire was stellar (love you!)
My terminators stood there ground against all the monsters of the dex, taking down warriors, exocrine, and a trygon.
My hero iam glad to say went toe to toe with the Swarmlord and thanks to stellar rolling on my part and terribly rolling on his I was able to kill him in two rounds with RELATIVE EASE! Never thought a space marine hero would be able to do this..
(It was a special victory for me becuase when i first started this game hed bring that damn guy and I either had to run or shoot him to pieces...)
The bikes grav guns were meh.. I think i may go plasma for extra rang and overall capacity damage. The Grav Guns did take down a carnifex brood. That was a plus on their part.
Deathwing never disappoint.. Always preform well for me.
Still wondering if this list just got lucky.. Eldar trickery and Tau shooting i think will mop me up..
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-14, 01:33 PM

IntereoVivo's Flag is: Ghana

Truthfully, Nid are probably one of the weakest codex out there right now.

Run it against other Marines or any equivalent or IG, Tau or Eldar if you want to know how it preforms. I'd agree about the hunters being too much AA. Rather then swap the Grav guns off the bikes (they're great at taking down MC's, Riptides and pesky super tough eldar) what if you added a Drop Pod with plas/melta?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-14, 01:53 AM Thread Starter

So perhaps kill the 140 from the hunters and use that money to buy a group of sternies /w combi mela and plas? Hmmm.. Id be down to try it but i dont know if points allow it.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-14, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

Few changes, Dropped Meltabomb, Grav-guns, and Hunters. Added in another bike squad.
Please comment.

HQ:
Chapter Master Barahir - Bike, Eternal Shield, Thunder hammer, Artificer Armor (250)

Toops:
5-man Bikes - 2x Meltaguns, Vet/w Powersword (155)
5-man Bikes - 2x Meltaguns, Vet/w Powersword (155) <------------(Chapter Master here)
5-man Bikes - 2x Meltaguns, Vet/w Powersword/(155)

Fast:

Heavy:
Thunderfire Cannon (100)

Allied DA:
Belial - TH/SS (190)

Elite: Deathwing Knights - Perfidious Relic. (245)

Troops:

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-14, 10:38 AM

Xabre's Flag is: USA

RAW, this list is illegal. Belial and Sammael both say they only work if they command their PRIMARY detachment.

Last edited by Xabre; 05-25-14 at 10:59 AM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-14, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Well how about that. You are right. NOOOOOO! Thats embarrassing. Now I gotta scratch this whole thing.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-14, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Have no fear though brothers! I will not give up on the list idea. Just need to critique a minor malfunction if you will... Actually major.. :D
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-14, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Version 1.3! Being as I had to drop the DWT as Troops freed me up 500 points to play with. Grabbed Sternies inside Drop pod for some Alpha strike. And with 80 of the left over took some more camping bodies. (A.K.A Scouts)

HQ:

Elites:
5x Sternguard - 4x Combi-weps (2x plas 2x melta) Sergeant /w Grav pistol - Drop pod (210)
5x Sternguard - 4x Combi-weps (2x plas 2x melta) Sergeant /w Grav pistol - Drop pod (210)

Toops:
5-man Scout Squad - Vet Sarge, 5 Camo Cloaks, 5 Snipers (80)
5-man Bikes - 2x Meltaguns, Vet/w Powersword (155)
5-man Bikes - 2x Meltaguns, Vet/w Powersword (155) <------------(Chapter Master here)
5-man Bikes - 2x Meltaguns, Vet/w Powersword/(155)

Fast:

Heavy:
Thunderfire Cannon (100)

Allied DA:
Belial - TH/SS (190)

Elite: Deathwing Knights - Perfidious Relic. (245)

Looking it over the Entirety of this list really has changed. I thought I had something solid there. DAMN YOU DA CODEX! ... Anyways please let me know your thoughts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode