3000 pts Dark Angels,First Summer Battle - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-20-14, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Default 3000 pts Dark Angels,First Summer Battle

Hey, I got a game coming up after the exams and I want to win it to start of the summer season =)

And I need YOUR! help to dissect this list and suggest alternatives. This is not apoc game btw
I will be fighting friends CSM maybe represented with crimson slaughter rules.

+++ da big 2 (2995pts) +++
Dark Angels 6th Ed (FAQ April 2013) (Primary Detachment) Selections:
+ (No Category) + (740pts)
* Deathwing Command Squad (615pts)
Deathwing Apothecary, Standard of Devastation, 4x Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield
Land Raider Crusader

* Techmarine (125pts)
Bike, Power Field Generator, Servo Harness

+ HQ + (305pts)

* Company Master (190pts)
Mace of Redemption, Perfidious Relic of the Unforgiven, Storm Shield

* Librarian (115pts)

Force Axe, Power Field Generator, Space Marine Bike

+ Elites + (490pts)

* Deathwing Knights (245pts)
Perfidious Relic of the Unforgiven

* Deathwing Terminator Squad (245pts)

Heavy Flamer
3x Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield

+ Troops + (820pts)

* Scout Squad (60pts)

4x Scouts, 4x Sniper Rifle
* Sergeant
Sniper Rifle
* Tactical Squad (190pts)
Plasmagun,10x Tactical Marine
Rhino
Rhino
Rhino
Rhino

+ Heavy Support + (270pts)
* Vindicator (135pts)
Seige Shield
* Vindicator (135pts)
Seige Shield

Imperial Knights: Codex (2014) v3 (Allied Knight Detachment) Selections:
+ Knights + (370pts)

Knight Errant.

This list uses almost all of the models I have and more rhinos than I do.
What I have left is15 more terminators, all DA HQ's (except Sammy), 3 bikers, 1 dreadnought, 5 lotd.
The plan is... that i dont quite know how to play this effectively. The list it self seems good though.
I thought of running a techmarine on a bike with pfg behind LRC with SoD.
1 Rhino on each side (3 tanks) of Techmarine to get benefits from pfg as well.
Libby goes with knight flanked by vindicators and last rhino. Terminators DWA turn 2 with Company Master.
Who should be the Warlord. Can the Knight be a warlord?

Please need help to dissect this list and strategies, constructive criticism more than welcome.

Last edited by Stormxlr; 05-20-14 at 03:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-20-14, 08:27 PM

Don_Keyballs's Flag is: Canada

Couple things to note:

- Scouts are considered Elite for the DA, not troop.
- The libby on its own on a bike seems like an easy target, stick him with a squad for more survivability.
- I personally don't like Techmarines with DA lists. They seem like they would be beneficial, but you would have better use with his points elsewhere.
- I prefer Cyclone Missile Launchers on my terms. More flexible with high str ranged or blast shots
- Putting your commander with the Terms for DWA seems like a waste. He would be more killy and live longer with either the Knights or Command Squad.
- DWA is very tough to use effectively. At 3k points, I imagine there would be a lot of things that can demolish them before they have a chance to be effective if placed in the wrong spot.
- I've never used a Knight, but I highly doubt you can use it as your warlord
- I like lists with 'pairs'. The 2 vin's could complement each other nicely, and I suggest putting a second Land Raider in the list, and move your knights that way. Put each Vin behind a LR (give it the venerable upgrade as it is super awesome and makes them hard to kill). This gives your vin's protection and gives your units inside the LR's some serious support fire.
- My personal opinion, running a Inter-Chap with the Knights is just awesome on the charge with the re-rolls.
- You should look into some form of Anti-Air. You are bound to see some at 3k points.

My thoughts on play style. 2 LR's, 2 Vin's, 4 Rhino's, Knight (drop the scouts and just beef up squads a bit). 1LR, 1 Vin and 1 Rhino per flank. Knight and 2 Rhino's sit at home. The flanks funnel your opponent into the middle, for more killy time for the knight. The 2 home rhino's protect the knight from suicide melta's and MC's.

Good Luck!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-20-14, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Keyballs View Post
Couple things to note:

- Scouts are considered Elite for the DA, not troop.
- The libby on its own on a bike seems like an easy target, stick him with a squad for more survivability.
- I personally don't like Techmarines with DA lists. They seem like they would be beneficial, but you would have better use with his points elsewhere.
- I prefer Cyclone Missile Launchers on my terms. More flexible with high str ranged or blast shots
- Putting your commander with the Terms for DWA seems like a waste. He would be more killy and live longer with either the Knights or Command Squad.
- DWA is very tough to use effectively. At 3k points, I imagine there would be a lot of things that can demolish them before they have a chance to be effective if placed in the wrong spot.
- I've never used a Knight, but I highly doubt you can use it as your warlord
- I like lists with 'pairs'. The 2 vin's could complement each other nicely, and I suggest putting a second Land Raider in the list, and move your knights that way. Put each Vin behind a LR (give it the venerable upgrade as it is super awesome and makes them hard to kill). This gives your vin's protection and gives your units inside the LR's some serious support fire.
- My personal opinion, running a Inter-Chap with the Knights is just awesome on the charge with the re-rolls.
- You should look into some form of Anti-Air. You are bound to see some at 3k points.

My thoughts on play style. 2 LR's, 2 Vin's, 4 Rhino's, Knight (drop the scouts and just beef up squads a bit). 1LR, 1 Vin and 1 Rhino per flank. Knight and 2 Rhino's sit at home. The flanks funnel your opponent into the middle, for more killy time for the knight. The 2 home rhino's protect the knight from suicide melta's and MC's.

Good Luck!
I have no idea what codex you are looking at but Scouts always are troops for every Space Marine Codex.
Libby is there to support the knight with PFG and cast prescience on Vindicators and Knight, most people ignore him when there are much visually scarier models next to him.
The reason why I dont want to put him with Command squad is because I will add another 200 pts to a 670 pt squad,+ the less attention they get the better. I dont want to loose my SoD because my opponent wants to get Slay the Warlord.
I dont have a second land raider but I can proxy one.
The point of the Knight is to kill scary daemon princes with str D wep so no Inv save for them and 4++ for the Knight from PFG + prescience.
AA is not a problem since we dont use flyers
But you make some good points

I have re organized the list
Deathwing Command Squad 615
+ SoD+ Apothecary+ LRC
HQ
Interrogator Chaplain 180pts
+TDA+Mace of Redemption
Librarian 115pts
+Bike+PFG
Elites
Deathwing Knights
515pts
+LRC
Troops
Tactical Squad x10 190pts
+Rhino+ Plasma gun
+Rhino+ Plasma gun
+Rhino+ Plasma gun
+Rhino+ Plasma gun
Tactical Squad x10 175pts
+Rhino
Heavy Support
Vindicator 135pts
+Siege Shield
Vindicator 135pts
+Siege Shield
Allied Knight Formation
Knight Errant

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode