600pt - space marine tourney list (knight) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-09-14, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Tom310's Flag is: England

Default 600pt - space marine tourney list (knight)

Hey guys - been out of 40k a while, but as I have the school league finals in july i was wondering if anyone could give me some friendly/helpful advice on my current blood ravens list as it currently stands:

1) 1 librarian

2) 5 marines

3) 5 marines/or scouts

4) imperial knight for teh lulZ

As im mostly playing this list to be a douche with knight, im not really considering exchanging it for anything else, however any thoughts on my list would be appreciated - cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-11-14, 07:17 PM

IntereoVivo's Flag is: Ghana

To quote yourself, looks like "a douche with knight" list.

Anyone who has reasonable anti-tank and some luck will probably squash you. People who don't will probably think you're a douche with a Knight.

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-11-14, 09:49 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

I don't have the rules for a Knight, what're their AV/HP stats like? I play against a lot of armour typically, so I play very aggressively toward that...but I have no idea how I would handle a Knight at this points level.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-12-14, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
I don't have the rules for a Knight, what're their AV/HP stats like? I play against a lot of armour typically, so I play very aggressively toward that...but I have no idea how I would handle a Knight at this points level.
13/12/12 - 6HP

Can pick a facing at the start of opponent's shooting phase that gets a 4++.

Guns are pretty wicked and the D melee weapon is a monster. It is a super heavy which means an explode = -d3 HP (2-4 HP lost in total). It can take a huge amount of firepower if you roll well but can also die to 2x Pens.

It is what it is, a big, scare mini Super Heavy that doesn't have enough staying power to run as a one of unless the point is to make people angry at low points.

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-12-14, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

No offence but to my mind, I don't really think anyone would be able to take it out that easy, a double six with a 50% chance of saving, is pretty low. And also, in 600pts, unless it's a mirror match or your opponent is list tailoring, i highly doubt anyone would have anywhere near enough firepower to take it out effectively before it stomps on em.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-12-14, 06:18 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom310 View Post
i highly doubt anyone would have anywhere near enough firepower to take it out effectively before it stomps on em
At low points levels I play BA with Drop Pods all over and would likely be putting down 3x Melta shots on that T1 unless I scatter terribly. If I space my models out right, I can get them on two different armour facing and force at least one (hopefully more depending on how wide the side arc is) shot through the 4++.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-12-14, 09:12 PM

My drop pod Sallies wouldn't have any trouble for the same reasons ntaw stated.

As for other armies, it's a toss up. I'm guessing that semi to competitive DE, Eldar, Tau and most SM wouldn't be too hard pressed.

AP1 Weapons get a +2 on the damage chart meaning all you need is two pens of a 4+.

Like I said, it isn't going to be fun to play against, but it is beatable.

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-14-14, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

Fair enough - but then thats a list that is specifically designed to kill it, and in all honesty probably wont appear at the finals because last I checked flyers were a thing in competitive 40k, so id imagine people would be more for killing flyers than a demi titan! Unless your list is specifically tailored (your two dp lists for example - no offence intended) I dont see there being many opponents who can do it - im not arguing the fact that its possible cause it blatantly is if you have the tools, but im saying that, in my opinion, theres gonna be very few who can unless their army is central anti tank.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-14-14, 08:18 PM

Tom310, that is a fair point and I should have clarified. I think your list fits your criteria very well. If I were to add feedback as to the rest of the list, I'd probably put Scouts with a ML in some cover and then put the libby with the 5x Tac Marines in a drop pod with a melta or flamer for disruption. Nothing like stepping in and blowing away someone's anti-tank on turn 1 when they have to deal with a Super Heavy.

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-15-14, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

That is very sound advice, thanks, but im just thinking, is that feasible in 600pts? As many people would probably love to tell me, the titan is pretty damn points heavy, so that in mind, is it possible?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode