Starting an allied detachment/new army, looking for suggestions - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-14, 01:36 PM
friar76's Flag is: England

Heavy duty forward assault (Assault termies) or blitzkrieg assault (Vanguard or drop pods with sternguard combi meltas)

Personally, id blast them into the floor with plenty of ordinanace and harrass squads on the flanks. Run 1-2 vindicators/ TF cannons with 1-2 speeder squadrons or bike squads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-14, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Noxnoctis22's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by friar76 View Post
Heavy duty forward assault (Assault termies) or blitzkrieg assault (Vanguard or drop pods with sternguard combi meltas)
I'm not sure what you're suggesting here? Are you suggesting that as my "Assault-ish" army?

Assault Terminators were going to be paired with Shrike in my 5th edition army but now they don't work as well with the Raven Guard chapter tactics since they're bulky units and have no jump packs. I already plan on using Vanguard Veterans. The Strenguard Veterans in a Drop Pod is a great alpha strike it just doesn't fit the fluff as well as other options. I'm not restricted by fluff but i'd like to keep somewhat close to it.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-14, 06:35 PM
friar76's Flag is: England

I meant either slow but steady march up field with termies in land raiders. Lysander as HQ option. Either that or vanguard and sternguard troops up either T1 or T2 to alpha strike key enemy positions. Use land raiders and heavy armour as fire suppression until in range to assault. Prefereably assaulting in T2.

Have seen a deathwing force, which seems to be the best combination in this method, but don't like DA personally in 6th. My usual choice is FA troops flying down the board, cover to cover, until reach target, paired with drop pod sternguard squad, but am considering 'mixing things up'

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode