Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1000 pt. Dark Angels (New Player)

892 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Rubbi 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to 6th and SM as a whole, but decided to start a new DA army that I'm trying to map out a good plan for before I start purchasing all the models. I threw together a quick 1000 pt list based of my 500pt list I put together with some help from friends.

HQ:
Belial 190

Troops:
Tactical Squad 170
-10 Marines
-Plasma Gun
-Plasma Cannon

DW Term. Squad 245
-5 Terminators
-Cyclone ML

DW Term. Squad 245
-5 Terminators
-Cyclone ML

Heavy Support:
Devastator Squad 144
-6 Marines
-4x Missile Launchers

Total: 994

My big concern is the lack of anti-air. Most of the people I play against are MEQ. I'm looking for a way to help round this out a bit so that later on I can add some RW attack squads later on for a solid tri-wing list. Any suggestions would be appreciated. My only real concern is not wanting to spend $ now on models that are going to sit on my shelf later if they aren't viable in a higher point list. Thanks for the help!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi, I am also a new player (check my post just above for my 2k list). I think this looks ok, in fact it looks pretty much like half of my army.

I would not be concerned about a lack of anti air. If you really, really need, you can get Missile Launchers in the Dev and Tac Squad with the anti air upgrade.

However, personally, the best way I have dealt with fliers so far is to...completely ignore them. Now this may have been blind luck, but from chatting to people at the club a lot of people can get mega fixated on the one or two fliers, and start using lots of shots to take them down - while ignoring the other units coming at them. Only time I would fire at fliers is if I have no other targets, or if I have moved my heavy weapons and can only snap fire them anyway.

Just my opinion, I wonder what other people have to say about this. But solid 1k list I think. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.