BA 1850 Points All comer??? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-13-08, 04:46 AM Thread Starter

bl0203's Flag is: USA

Default BA 1850 Points All comer???

Okay here is my new 1850 Flesh Tearers List along with Tactics...

Headquarters

Dante 200pts

Corbolo 100pts

Elites

Death Company 55pts
4 DC w/Jump Packs one purchased

I'll have these guys run up the field with Corbolo. They be slowed but I'll let them go full charge when needed. Corbolo can keep an extra DC alive from shooting and my goal will be to get him to center field to give my other Unit Furios Charge.

7 VAS 240points
2 PW, Melta w/JP

Accompany Dante Up the field closely supported by Corbolo. Utilizing FC and Dante's Inspiring these guys will be quite a hit.

Venerable Furiouso Dread(x2) 280pts
Melta, Flamer, Xtra Armor

These guys will lend support to my other Killy Units, if I'm Luck I can manage to get these guys coordinated to also get the FC/Inspiring boost.

Troops

1) TAC Squad 265pts
10 Troopers, Melta, PF, Rhino

2) TAC Squad 255pts
10 Troopers, Plasma Rifle, ML, Rhino=Combat Squads

3) TAC Squad 270pts
10 Troopers, Melta, PW, Plasma Cannon=Combat Squads

Pretty straight forward, take objectives and provide medium and long range fire support. The Rhinos will assist my assaulters in moving up the field. The PF is just a little insurance to protect my guys and those last minute desperation assaults. This leaves me with five scoring units, hopefully enough.

Fast Attack

Multi Melta A-Bike (x2) 100pts

These guys will seperate and hunt tanks.

Heavy Support

Whirlwind 85pts

This guy will pound the enemy from the back field. The new blast rules and the fact you get to pick your missile selection before firing is pretty nice

C and C welcome, thanks...

"Primus Enire Ultima Exire"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-13-08, 01:19 PM
Lax

Lax's Flag is: France

Erm some little points here :
-Corbulo + flying DC = nonsense Give them a rhino or a land raider ^^
-300 points of furiosos is maybe a lot
-Misses baal or devastators with plasmas :D

Else it's an original list, like your troops

Blood Angels since 1993, what else ?
Latest update : Bought and painted a stormraven... (07/12)
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-13-08, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lax View Post
Erm some little points here :
-Corbulo + flying DC = nonsense Give them a rhino or a land raider ^^
-300 points of furiosos is maybe a lot
-Misses baal or devastators with plasmas :D

Else it's an original list, like your troops
I tossed the idea of a Rhino around and it just didn't fit. The Land Raider is GREAT I just can't find the points. I use the DC as angry dogs and just let them off their leash when the time comes. I'll have Corbolo mid field and move into a Combat Squad while they assault 18." Its risky although everything else is so much more mobile now in 5th the timing must be perfect. I've struggled most with the way I field this unit in my army. Maybe I'll scrap a dread and find some spare points for a Land Raider??? Thoughts???

As far as the Two Furiouso's go it IS a little much, I just feel thing should be taken in pairs. I would to have a pair of Whirlwinds I just can't sacrifice the Troops.

Thanks for the reply you confirmed all the things I had in the back of my mind about the list. Which is very helpful for fine tuning. Anyone else???

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-08, 08:24 PM

titan136's Flag is: Canada

You definitely need to make corbulo more mobile to make the most of his area effect. Might I suggest scrapping a ven furioso and finding a few points for an honorguard + sanguinary priest + rhino for corbulo, ignoring 2 wounds a turn is always fun
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-25-08, 05:31 PM

one idea is maybe swap one of the 10 man tactical squads for a 10 man assault squad.

That way if the DC and VAS get stuck in a close combat brawl then the regular assault marines can assist them quickly, wheras it could take a long time for the tactical squads to move up and assist them.

In fact it could even be worth taking as your troops choices: 2 X 10 man assault squad + 1 X 10 man tactical squad. Since the rest of your army seems fairly close range focused.

I have a feeling the dreadnoughts will face a lot of fire, and they will probably have to footslog a fair way before they get into close combat where they belong. Perhaps a drop pod could help them.

One thing I do notice about this list is there isnt much long range anti tank. If you could squeeze in another attack bike that could be good. Although I am guessing your intention might be to make this a fairly close range army, so the lack of long range may not matter.

Also, I must admit I also like whirlwinds as well. I normally take 1 in my lists. But if theres a lot of close combats happenning, then the whirlwind wont get to shoot much, and if it does get to shoot then usually theres a risk of it scattering onto your own troops in close combat. It could be worth swapping him out for a 3rd attack bike + some spare points.

Anyway, these are just my thoughts and ideas. Good luck with the list mate.

Last edited by dvaston; 07-25-08 at 05:38 PM.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-25-08, 07:35 PM

I also kinda like the idea of the all assault army and have found it works extremely well. Possibly just leave maybe 1 tactical squad to hold an inital objective and then just hop around and wipe people out.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-08, 12:03 AM

I like the list a lot really.
I do the same with my DC that way. In large point games, usually over 1200, small squads of them DO get ignored so they can more than likely move up the field unharassed. especially with that many vehicles moving up. thw whirlwind is probably the best choice for an army of this kind due to it's pinning. it hits any squad and its less fire going at your units so woo!
The hard hitting assault theme is good but make sure it's supported!! too many times my big assault units were wiped out because I was unable to help them. Don't let it happen to you!

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-08, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the replies, everyone one makes some valid points. The Tac Squads/Corbolo will actually push forward in the Rhinos covering the running Dreads and VAS accompanied by Dante. I plan on deepstriking the DC for killing troops holding objectives.

I figure on using the Tac Squads for fire support and thinning down the units being assaulted. The Dreads should be okay considering they may get a cover save and a reroll on the damage table if needed. If they draw alot of fire away from my Rhinos great, then they'll have to worry about 20 FC marines with Preferred enemy and VAS supporting them.

I'm torn on the whirlwind, it just seems so useful against hordes and squashing that abundant cover save evreyone is getting. I used to run three MM A-Bikes and ditched the third for the Whirlwind. I never thought about the fact the WW could drop a pie plate on my troops, thanks for the reminder.

I may be light on long range anti tank but I'm sporting eight Meltas and a ML and plan on being in range of most tanks by turn 2. Thanks for the advise, if I do ditch the WW what should I get with the points???

Last edited by bl0203; 07-26-08 at 10:18 AM.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-28-08, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Default New List

I took little bit of everyones advice and came up with this list, let me know what you think.

Headquarters

Dante 200pts

Corbolo 100pts

Elites

Death Company 55pts
4 DC w/Jump Packs one purchased

8 VAS 285 points
LC, PW, Flamer, Melta w/JP

Venerable Furiouso Dread(x2) 280pts
Melta, Flamer, Xtra Armor

Troops

1) TAC Squad 265pts
10 Troopers, Melta, PF, Rhino

2) TAC Squad 255pts
10 Troopers, Plasma Rifle, ML, Rhino=Combat Squads

3) TAC Squad 260pts
10 Troopers, Plasma Rifle, Plasma Cannon=Combat Squads

Fast Attack

Multi Melta A-Bike (x3) 150pts

1850 even, let me know what you think. I ditched the whirlwind for an extra bike and equipment.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-28-08, 10:35 AM

i like it but...

2 furiouso dreads is quite a bit.
Maybe take 1 away and put in an assault squad to deep strike in to help with your assault???
I'm also thinking your VAS don't' need a meltagun. Give the assault squad i mentioned a power weapon.
Other than that you have a good assault army.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode