First 6th BA list - 1850 all-comers list - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-21-13, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

reubiedoo's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default First 6th BA list - 1850 all-comers list

Epistolary (shield, 9/10 times lance, and another)

Corbulo
Terminator Sanguinary Priest

8 Sternguard Vets w/Lightning Claw, Heavy Flamer, 3 combi-melta, 4 combi-flamers in Homing Pod (Librabrian and Corbulo go here)

Assault Terminators inc. 3 TH/SS

Stormraven with sponsons

Stormraven with sponsons

10 man Ass Squad with flamer and meltagun; power sword and infernus pistol

10 man Ass Squad with flamer and meltagun; power sword and infernus pistol

Leaves me 60 points.

1. is this any good? Terminators follow the vets in, unless an assault squad would be preferable. then either the Ass squads are combat squad-ed into melta/infernus and flamer squads.

2. what do I do with the 60 points? Suicide speeder/ bike? or take more kit? I could always drop the hurricane sponsons, but as I'm using the Stormravens as gunships this reduces their output somewhat. would give me 120 points to play with though.

Reccomendations and criticisms welcomed.

Μολών λαβέ
- Leonidas I of Sparta

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools."
Thucydides of Halimous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-21-13, 01:51 PM
So be it.

How much of this do you have and how much are you simply going to get? Anyway.

Sternguard are good, but I don't have enough experience with them to give you good advice on gear. What I can do is say that a lightning claw probably isn't all that useful - are they really going to want to be in combat? Your call though. Also, if they're going to have corbs, you don't really need a termi-priest. A jumpy priest will normally be better. I'm also not sure that I'd take that epistolary upgrade, that's a whole MM attack bike or half a sniper scout squad or many other things.

Do the ravens have MM/AC/HB? If not, they should.

For those termis, I'd take either all claws, all hammers, or 3 claws two hammers (that's more of a "we have hammers just in case" than a dedicated hammer unit, but it can work...) or just drop them. I don't personally like termis as they're static and not hard to overwhelm with shots, but they can definitely work... They just really only have 1 purpose. Also keep in mind that your enemy has a turn to shoot them before they can assault, so any vindicator etc will really just ruin your day... Make sure SG kill all such targets. All of them.

Keep 2 flamers or two meltas in each assualt squad. It keeps them more specialized and makes sure all special weapons are bing utilized (instead of meltas vs. ork boyz and flamers vs. landraiders).

Melta bikes are a good things. Maybe two by dropping epistolary? (We pay way too much for that shit...)

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-21-13, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

reubiedoo's Flag is: United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply: +rep.

The termi priest is to drop in with the terminators who may get out of range of the vets.

The epistolary upgrade was so he could potentially get lance off and shield up in one turn which will be useful against, say Tau. The LC is there for armies that will assault rather than shoot. On top of the librarian's sword and corbulo's rending they should put up a bit of a resistance. I'm buying the argument on the epistolary upgrade tho tbh, especially as 2 melta bikes allows me to reserve my ass squads.

Yes that is the load out for the ravens; it seems such an obvious set up I didn't bother listing it. They are replacing 2 vindicators and 2 dakka Baals from a 2000 point 5th when flyers weren't so vital.

Terminators are staying as they are purely because I love my space hulk conversions and they rarely let me down. They have always either won their points back comfortably or occupied the biggest dakka/cc threat for a couple turns.

I am much happier going 2 flamers and 2 meltas if they are both reserving.

Think 2 melta bikes it is.

Edit: my basic maths is off; I can't reserve both the ass squads, but that's immaterial.

Μολών λαβέ
- Leonidas I of Sparta

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools."
Thucydides of Halimous

Last edited by reubiedoo; 11-21-13 at 06:44 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode