1850 Blood Angels (Successors) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-30-13, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Mad as a sack of Squigs

Ratvan's Flag is: England

Default 1850 Blood Angels (Successors)

Hi guys

Just trying to nail down an "All Comers" list before I start to build and paint the army, was wondering what your thoughts were on the below list?

Total Roster Cost: 1850

HQ: Librarian - 100 pts
Mastery Level 2, Force Sword

Elite: Furioso Dreadnought - 175 pts
Frag Cannon, Bloodfist & Meltagun, Magna-grapple
Drop Pod

Drop Pod

Elite: Sanguinary Priest - 65 pts
Power Sword

Troops: 5 Assault Marines - 165 pts
Meltagun
Razorback, Lascannon and TL Plasmagun

Meltagun

Troops: 10 Death Company - 290 pts
Bolters, Power Axe x2, Power Fist
Drop Pod

Troops: 10 Tactical Marines - 205 pts
Flamer, Missile Launcher
Drop Pod

Troops: 10 Tactical Marines - - 220 pts
Plasma gun, Plasma Cannon
Drop Pod

Fast Attack: Attack Bike Squad - 40 pts
Heavy Bolter

Fast Attack: Attack Bike Squad - 50 pts
Multi-melta

Heavy Support: Stormraven Gunship - 200 pts
TL Assault Cannon, TL Multi-melta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-30-13, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratvan View Post
Total Roster Cost: 1850

HQ: Librarian - 100 pts
Mastery Level 2, Force Sword
This should be 150 points, not 100.

Drop Pod
If you're going to use the frag cannon you might as well do full fragioso and take the underslung heavy flamer.

Drop Pod
Same thing as above.

Elite: Sanguinary Priest - 65 pts
Power Sword
who is he joining?

Meltagun
they wont last long outside their razorback, but sure.

Meltagun
^

Troops: 10 Death Company - 290 pts
Bolters, Power Axe x2, Power Fist
Drop Pod
These guys are most effective on the charge, with the rerolls. they wont be able to get the charge if you put them in a pod.

Troops: 10 Tactical Marines - 205 pts
Flamer, Missile Launcher
Drop Pod
seems fine to me

Troops: 10 Tactical Marines - - 220 pts
Plasma gun, Plasma Cannon
Drop Pod
again, fine.

Fast Attack: Attack Bike Squad - 40 pts
Heavy Bolter
no. this is a super easy kill point and a really easy way for your opponent to get first blood. Either go with 3 or none.

Fast Attack: Attack Bike Squad - 50 pts
Multi-melta
Same as above. don't run em solo.

Heavy Support: Stormraven Gunship - 200 pts
TL Assault Cannon, TL Multi-melta
Also, whats your plan for AA?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-31-13, 12:36 AM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

Yeah like our brothers in arms we too can cast two powers a turn, but it comes at a hefty premium. Arguably not worth it, unless you build your list around it.
I'd agree with articor on those furiosos, the fragioso is the way to go. My 1850 has something very similar (two of these bad boys in a drop pod kills shit up, let me tell you).
I'd argue that the priest is not worth it in this list, as he can only affect 5 assault marines (DP capacity is 10, so can't join there, and does nothing to DC. And capacity is still 10). Those points could definitely used for, say, another bike and adding meltas to that one (definitely squads of 2-3: I prefer 2, gets the job done, but 3 if you want to be able to soak some fire).
RAS - Eh, they're fine I guess. I don't really like mech personally - anything with av<13 is useless at surviving in my opinion, and these tanks are decently expensive at 55 each. Easy first blood for 1 long shot, 2 at med range, 3 at short (but by then they're already dead). Pretty much the only purpose for this unit is to screen the bikes, as far as I can tell. I would put them in pods, as it's 20 points cheaper and makes this list a bit better (the only people not in pods are in razorbacks or on bikes - what do you think will happen if you don't get t1?) and more unified.

Honestly, how I would run it is this.

Libby, Priest and 8 assault marines with 2 hand flamers (sarge) and a flamer. 10 more assault marines with meltas (optional powerfist, if points). Those tac squads. Those dreads. Them DC. That's 7 units, and if you put them all in pods you have 4 coming in t1. Tanks? Goodbye. Infantry hordes? Interesting. Add in that SR for anti-flier (if meta has lots of av12 fliers I'd switch to LC on him) and you have yourself a list with no one on the table. That's an interesting situation, don't ya think? Go second, he wastes his first turn, you drop in and get first blood (and linebreaker), kill some shit and then get one extra turn to deal out pain and grab objectives. Just an idea, since your list already focuses so heavily on pods (2 av11 tanks 12 models including your warlord and your 2 bikes are all that starts on... not too hard to just lose them all).

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-31-13, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Mad as a sack of Squigs

It seems that the Librarian's Mastery Level was wrong in my data file I have now corrected that.

I have made the changes that you suggested @JAMOB regarding everything in pods have also thrown Meltabombs on the Priest and Assault Squad (melta) sergeant since I was under limit by 11 points and couldn't think of a better use
@Arcticor my plan for AA was get everything in combat asap and ignore the fliers
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-31-13, 10:45 AM

I could be wrong but don't you lose if you have no units on the table at the end of any player turn?

Oh and the list is okay; definitely run the attack bikes together with melta's

I wouldn't bother with Master 2 (just sooooooo much dearer then normal codex Libs, but still okay), Magna grapples or Razors and buy something cool like a raven or up the assault squads

People mentioning re-rolls on DC can forget about it with no Chap/Reclus so bolters in a DP are fairly solid just not deathstar (it is a squishy deathstar that attracts pie plates in my games anyway)

Amazing how much love their is for blood angels I just can't get happy with a HQ. Against dark elder anyone? Was running Meph, but scared of poison weapons, almost leaning towards Dante because Dark Elder would strike faster then anyone anyway, but don't think guard would be that great
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-31-13, 12:28 PM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

@Allstar I think it's at the end of your turn... but I am fairly certain that all drop pod lists exist, at the very least. Then... I love BA. Libbies are great, though freaking expensive, and chappies have their uses. I'm not a fan of characters, though.

Ratvan - good luck mate. Hope this goes well for you.

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-31-13, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Mad as a sack of Squigs

@JAMOB cheers for your help, can now start buying bits and converting the army, have always wanted a forgeworld army and the models fit the BA codex nicely... except Magna Grapples and Frag Cannons not sure how I can model them on Contemptor dreads

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode