500 Points Ultramarines - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-13, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Default 500 Points Ultramarines

This is what i've come up with so far, what do you guys think? What could i add?

Vanilla librarian
4 Scouts w/ sniper rifles, camo cloaks and telion
5 tactical marines w/ razorback
Vindicator

432 points
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-13, 03:00 PM

arlins's Flag is: England

scouts don't need cloaks , Telion confers stealth so save some points

Last edited by arlins; 10-24-13 at 03:04 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-13, 03:11 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Welcome on the board, man!
You have 68 points to spend eh?
I'd say give those marines a plasmagun.
then you could (after having removed the cloacks) add another 5 man scout team with missile launcher.
if you have some points left, give some extra equip to the librarian.
cheers

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-28-13, 12:55 AM

chris p's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlins View Post
scouts don't need cloaks , Telion confers stealth so save some points
a cloak gives you +1 and telion gives you stealth giving you another +1 which is cumulative to a maximum of a 2+ cover save.
so the cloaks aren't necessarily a waste they make your scouts much harder to kill especially if you also have telion.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-28-13, 02:51 AM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

Welcome mate! Enjoy your stay. Let me (or really any of the vets) know if you need/want anything.

Since you're low on anti-tank (you have that vindicator, but you don't want him shooting at some tank when he can be killing marines, now do you) I'd actually take a melta on the tac. marines.

Since scouts are now dirt cheap you could get them and a meltagun and still have 3 points leftover. You could use this to switch the squad that has the cloaks (two sniper squads with +1 cover? Yes please).

I think you might have messed up points though - this should be 448... So there goes everything I just said With that in mind I'd go for a MG/MM on the Tac. squad, maybe a ML on the Scouts? And maybe a SS on the vindicator, maybe TA or something for the Libby, the possibilities are endless. Alternatively you could go low gear high models and get another scout squad.

One thing I'm questioning is the usefulness of the razorback. I have a hard time justifying them when they're 55 points and fast (aww yeah blood angels) except with RAS who make them cheaper, of course, and when they're slow and can't really move and fire you maybe be better off with a twenty points cheaper rhino. Think about it. Is a heavy bolter that can move 6 and fire worth 20 points? Or would you rather take a MG and a ML in another squad?

How I would run it, based on this but without the razorback, is

Libby
5 sniper scouts (one is telion)
5 sniper scouts with cloaks
5 marines with a Rhino and Flamer
Vindicator

This gives you 5 more sniper shots, 5 more bodies, 3 less HB shots, and a more flamer (though you did have some more points to play with). Alternatively you could not give one squad of scouts cloaks, and instead get a MG for the marines and maybe a siege shield on the vindicator.

Hope I've been helpful, and have a great stay here at heresy!

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-30-13, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the help, completely forgot about the Telion rule, what if i put a TL lascannon on the razorback for a bit more anti tank?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-30-13, 11:29 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

At 500 pts you are hardly going to beneit from the lascannon. Lots of Str 6 with rending, at this point level, are way more dangerous than a single Str 9 shot.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode