Crimson Fists's 1000 point - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-13, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Zero Sphere's Flag is: England

Default Crimson Fists's 1000 point

Trying to create something that isn't too horrible to face, is in character with the army and still has an edge. Comments and criticism very welcome?

Pedro Kantor 185

Sternguard 210
- 2x Combi-melta
- 2x Combi-plasma
- Sgt Power weapon
Drop Pod

Tactical Squad 230
- 5x Additional marines
- Plasma gun
- Plasma cannon
- Sgt Combi-plasma and Power Weapon
Rhino

Tactical Squad 225
- 5x Additional marines
- Meltagun
- Missile launcher
- Sgt Power fist
Drop Pod

Devastator Squad 130
- 4x Missile launcher

Total 980

Don't argue with idiots. They will drag you down to thier level and beat you with experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-13, 02:52 AM

fatmantis's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Sphere View Post
Trying to create something that isn't too horrible to face, is in character with the army and still has an edge. Comments and criticism very welcome?

Pedro Kantor 185

Sternguard 210
- 2x Combi-melta
- 2x Combi-plasma
- Sgt Power weaponi would drop the combi plasma, your paying heavy point for a guy to killhimself. keep either melta or flamers. you could also drop the weapon on the sgt as hell get challenged and probably die.but that personal preferece.
Drop Pod

Tactical Squad 230
- 5x Additional marines
- Plasma gun
- Plasma cannon
- Sgt Combi-plasma and Power Weaponsame here spending the points on this is kinda wasted.
Rhino

Tactical Squad 225
- 5x Additional marines
- Meltagun
- Missile launchera bit of an odd combo here
- Sgt Power fistsame here he will die before getting to use it.
Drop Pod

Devastator Squad 130
- 4x Missile launcherwith the points you save i would change these to all lascannons with the tank hunter rule you should kill anything you shoot.

Total 980
the only other thing i would suggest is maybe a thunderfire cannon, it will help with hordes, yes you have the missles but the t/f is better.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-17-13, 03:47 AM

Tanrel's Flag is: USA

I like this list, seems pretty solid. My recommendations would be to swap the drop pod on the tac squad to a rhino, unless you want to have them deep strike first and hold back the Sternguard. I would recommend taking all of one kind of Combi-weapon, like all melta or all plasma. It's a small percentage that a plasma will cook it's user, so all plasma is definitely not a bad choice either, the trade off being, you already have ap 3 rounds with special issue ammunition. So what is your goal with the Sternguard? Having the Dev's run the anti-tank game and then using the combi-plas to be termi equivalent killers is an idea.

Also, I personally like to run my Tactical squads light on special weapons so I can either get more space marines, or get more elite stuff. You could drop all the special weapons on the squads, including sergeant weapons, and instead take a rocket launcher each. You could have the points for an extra squad or a dreadnought in a drop pod.

For the Dev's, I'd keep them as is. They're cheaper than lascannons at lascannon stength against Tanks. And they also double as being great anti infantry, firing the frag missiles.

USMC, Oorah!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-17-13, 04:20 AM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

My new rule with my IF army:

1st Devastator squad is MLs
2nd is LCs

At some point those beefcakes won't have any armour to shoot at and they will have to put four whole lascannon shots into a squad of infantry. Frag missiles keep them relevant against all things in lower points level games.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-21-13, 10:06 PM

Lord Pestilice's Flag is: USA

Where is Kantor situated in your army? Are you combat squadding the Tac Squad? How do you envision deploying and maneuvering your army?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode