Help with BA 1000pt list - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-21-13, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

elsmiff's Flag is: Gibraltar

Default Help with BA 1000pt list

Ive just started a new BA army, was origionally with DA and was wandering if anyone could help me make an effective 1000pt list with the models I do have. I havent actually played the new edition yet so its just something to get used to it. Ive got a libby and a captain for hq, ive got 2 priests, 10 death company, around 15 assault marines, 10 tactical marines, a dreadnought a rhino and a predator i could also use some termies or my landraider from my deathwing if i had to. Don't hesitate in letting me know if i should invest in some new units.

many thanks, elsmiff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-21-13, 05:44 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

To start, I'd say get that Libby a jump pack and grab one more box of assault marines so that you can run two 10 man squads. Another thing I did was convert a tactical squad to RAS by ripping off their bolters and giving them all pistols and chainswords so that I could use them in a drop pod. A good base to a BA list is:

Libby w/JP

Priest w/JP, PS

10 man RAS w/2x MG

10 man RAS w/2xF, 2xHF on sergeant

for a total of 645 points. Like I said, I typically use the MG squad in a DP to take out the toughest armour T1. The Priest always gets the PS/LC over the sergeants of the RAS they accompany because they have WS5 and it gives you a character to 'throw away' on a challenge so that the Priest can be more effective elsewhere in combat. Two hand flamers on the sergeant because 4 flame templates out of one squad before the squad charges in with a Priest will pretty much clear any objective just from weight of dice. Specially if the squad being attacked has 5/6+ saves. I don't typically use two priests unless it's a huge game, as if you play the squads together (and you should) they can both benefit from the same model.

The DC is great, but better with a Chaplain. If I'm playing my DC, they're typically in a LRC and with a Reclusiarch (HQ chaplain, unless I'm running Mephiston as my HQ then it's a normal Chappy) for *in my experience* their best delivery/use. I have always stuck with BP/CCW, but they are relentless and bolters make sense. I just like having them really good at combat, because when I play they're either in a LRC, in CC, or dead.

Tactical squads are great objective holders, fast Rhinos help them get there. I don't use them often, and when I do typically I take 5 man squads with just bolters and put them in Razorbacks to keep up with my RAS/hold the objectives they clear.

A dreadnought's place in a BA army very much depends on the general/weapons loadout. I only ever use a Furioso, my Heavy Support dreads have all been painted green for use as Mortis dreads in my DA army.

Predators win all over the place. I use an auto/las predator in conjunction with an ADL and sniper scouts as a backline when I need air defense out of a pure BA list and don't want to run dual Stormravens.

Hope this helps you out man! Always nice to see more BA love on Heresy.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-21-13, 08:14 PM

zackdanials's Flag is: England

Ntaw has covered pretty much everything there, my tupennys worth is something to deal with flyers. They're everywhere in 6th edition and they are a real pain without something to deal with them. Your best bet is a flyer of your own, I'd suggest a stormraven, or an aegis defence line with quad guns and a scout sniper/five man tax squad to man it.

Hope that helps!

Drink deep from the chalice of victory, and remember the fallen.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode