2000 point Blood Angels feedback appreciated - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-13, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
OrkNob164's Flag is: England

Default 2000 point Blood Angels feedback appreciated

I've thrown together this list for the games I play which aren't massively competitive but of course the players all set out to win. It is not exactly 2000 points but the people I play with are lenient and just make small adjustments to match their opponents. Here goes:

HQ
Mephiston 250 pts (in the stormraven)

Troops
10 Assault marines + power axe 205 pts
10 Assault marines + power axe 205 pts
10 Death Company + power axe 215 pts (in the landraider with chaplain)
Death company dreadnought + blood talons +magna grapple 140 pts (in stormraven)

Elites
5 Sternguard+5 combi plasmas 150 pts (in the drop pod, with brother corbulo)
Brother corbulo 105pts
Chaplain + melta bombs 105 pts

Transports
Drop pod 35pts

Heavy Support
Land raider 250 pts
Stormraven gunship w/ multi melta 200pts
7 devastators w/ 4 plasma cannons 182pts

2042pts

So basically i've just tried to give everything a way to get to the front line, with the drop pod possibly flanking or going behind enemy forces and the stormraven's units going to help if necessary. Corbulo will hopefully take the wounds for the sternguard with his 2+ feel no pain, and the chaplain is there to give death company re-rolls. Devastators sit at the back and deal with 2+ armour save units, with a couple of un-upgraded people to take the wounds.
Please note: i've put which units are with which transport in brackets but this is not stating they have a transport included in their points cost

Not sure how this fares against lists made by more experienced people as I have little experience with Blood Angels, and feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited by OrkNob164; 06-26-13 at 06:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-27-13, 01:58 AM

jaysen's Flag is: USA

In a BA list, the Land Raider does not take up a Heavy Support slot. It is a dedicated transport for the DC. Good list.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-27-13, 02:17 AM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

Mephy is ok, but I hesitate to take special characters in 2k or less, just because they're a huge point sink. He can be useful, though, if you know how to use him.

For the RAS: It's much better to have special weapons (flamers, meltas) than to have cc weapons (axes, fists, swords). Plus a melta gun is always better than melta bombs (that chappie). I would drop a devestator or two plus the melta bombs to get a couple meltas in those assault squads, or if you go slightly over and that's fine just grab them arbitrarily. Or if you don't want to you could even just drop two axes for meltas in one squad flamers in the other.

I would hesitate to have both a raven and a raider at 2k without much else armor saturation (only a dread and a pod) simply because they will not survive long (the raven maybe because it's a flier but not the raider). I would suggest either dropping it and throwing those DC in the raven (mephy can fly so it's all good) or dropping the pod and guard for some extra armor, maybe a baal or two. Just something to think about.

Curious: Why 7 devestators? I would normally run them as a 5 man squad with 2 or 3 weapons. Just makes the points a bit odd.

Hope this has helped a bit!

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-27-13, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
OrkNob164's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysen View Post
In a BA list, the Land Raider does not take up a Heavy Support slot. It is a dedicated transport for the DC. Good list.
Oh right, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMOB View Post
Mephy is ok, but I hesitate to take special characters in 2k or less, just because they're a huge point sink. He can be useful, though, if you know how to use him.

For the RAS: It's much better to have special weapons (flamers, meltas) than to have cc weapons (axes, fists, swords). Plus a melta gun is always better than melta bombs (that chappie). I would drop a devestator or two plus the melta bombs to get a couple meltas in those assault squads, or if you go slightly over and that's fine just grab them arbitrarily. Or if you don't want to you could even just drop two axes for meltas in one squad flamers in the other.

I would hesitate to have both a raven and a raider at 2k without much else armor saturation (only a dread and a pod) simply because they will not survive long (the raven maybe because it's a flier but not the raider). I would suggest either dropping it and throwing those DC in the raven (mephy can fly so it's all good) or dropping the pod and guard for some extra armor, maybe a baal or two. Just something to think about.

Curious: Why 7 devestators? I would normally run them as a 5 man squad with 2 or 3 weapons. Just makes the points a bit odd.

Hope this has helped a bit!
Cheers dude that's really helpful! I'll revise the list and make some changes.
And I put 7 devastators to have a couple at the front to take wounds for the plasma cannon ones, not sure if that's a good idea or not..
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-27-13, 09:40 PM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

it's a good idea in theory, and can definitely work: I normally just lower the number of special weapons though. If I'm gonna take 7 I find the points for 10. Also, when you post revisions just be sure to make it a new post so people can see how it developed

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Tags
blood angels , death company , mephiston , space marines

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode