1750 blood angels list - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Default 1750 blood angels list

so for my blood angels I have 1500 points of dantewing, so here im looking to expand on the other parts of the blood angels. This list is 85 points short, so it can definitely still be expanded on. maybe some special weapons for the dc? anyway

reclusiarch with infernus pistol 145
10 death co 200
LRR with MM 250
10x assault marines, 2x meltagun, powerfist 235
furioso librarian, shield and lance, drop pod 210
furioso, frag cannon, h flamer, drop pod 170
sang priest with jp 75
baal predator with assault cannon and heavy bolters 145
total: 1665

thoughts?
-Arcticor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 12:51 PM
So be it.

Well first of all, fliers. They will eat you alive.

Next. Dat Landraider. TBH at such low point values, a LR is only good in a full on mech list where there are lots of targets for enemy anti-tank, and even then it dies first to melta. I'm not saying don't take it, but if you do then switch at least one of the dreads to another baal/a vindicator.

Unless you already built the models, I would advise dropping one RAS squad to a PW/2x Flmr. as your anti-horde/dug in enemies is a bit lacking. You have a lot of melta - 6 of them in 3 places - but you don't really need it, not with those dreads.

One thing you could do would be to drop the libby dread completely, saving 210 points. This + dropping upgrades and + the 85 you had gives you 315 points. With this you could get 2 baals or a baal and a vindi or a baal and a pred, leaving you 25 or 35 points respectively. This could be used to give the DC a PF or 2 PW and give the RAS with the PW MB.

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 01:13 PM

If you like that list I'd drop the IP on the reclus and add either 2x MM attack bikes or sniper scouts as both are 100 points

but I'd prob move a group on assault marines in x2 razors to be more mechy (about the same cost)

I'd drop one power fist and meltas to PW as flamers as mentioned and if there are points I'd give priest a power weapon to protect the PF sarg

you could give lib wings as 2x drop pods is gay (only 1 first turn) so might as well start lib on field with wings unless trying to use power first turn (is that legal?)

anyway reasonable mech list

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMOB View Post
Well first of all, fliers. They will eat you alive.
alright, what do you suggest I add for anti-flier? I currently have a really small amount of models but I do own a stormraven with interchangeable weapon options.

Next. Dat Landraider. TBH at such low point values, a LR is only good in a full on mech list where there are lots of targets for enemy anti-tank, and even then it dies first to melta. I'm not saying don't take it, but if you do then switch at least one of the dreads to another baal/a vindicator.
Yeah I've been trying to figure out how to effectively deliver my death company. Its hard cause this is really expensive, and other options I'm out in the open for a turn before charging, and the transports themselves are really dinky

Unless you already built the models, I would advise dropping one RAS squad to a PW/2x Flmr. as your anti-horde/dug in enemies is a bit lacking. You have a lot of melta - 6 of them in 3 places - but you don't really need it, not with those dreads.
This is all hypothetical. I've played BA for years but just proxied my vanilla marines, so all I own currently from this list is is the reclusiarch with a hand I can chop off and add special weapons to. So feel free to make as many wargear suggestions as need be.

One thing you could do would be to drop the libby dread completely, saving 210 points. This + dropping upgrades and + the 85 you had gives you 315 points. With this you could get 2 baals or a baal and a vindi or a baal and a pred, leaving you 25 or 35 points respectively. This could be used to give the DC a PF or 2 PW and give the RAS with the PW MB.
Here is what I've come up with based off of your comments. I still have the flier problem to solve though.

10 death co, powerfist 225
LRR with MM 250
10x assault marines, 2x flamer, powersword 215
sang priest with jp 75
Vindicator 145
Vindicator 145
total: 1750

oh, and +rep for good, fast response
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 03:34 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Firstly, I like this list. I'll stick to the second one, as it incorporates a bit of the previous feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticor View Post
I did this for the first year of 6th against mechanized IG and cut the IP off my Reclusiarch. It's cool, but yeah. Ultimately just not worth it.

Quote:
10 death co, powerfist 225
LRR with MM 250
Something I've started doing at 2k is play a smaller sized DC in a normal LR as defense with my ADL and Scouts that man it. Alternately I was always putting my DC in a Stormraven (one of my two that I played at 2K before for air defense) but since the addition of the ADL I have wanted to try more things. GW made a LOT of money giving ADL's Interceptor and Skyfire. The idea is that the LR sits back putting lascannons into armour and forcing meltas to advance, but I've got a 6" move, 6" deployment and (most often on 2 d6) a 7" charge range. Unless there are multiple Melta units advancing, that's a greasy counter attack. The twin linked lascannons are also nice as a last resort against fliers. Just a thought keeping a LR in there. We shouldn't be so scared to field them in 6th, it just takes a new strategy.

Quote:
10x assault marines, 2x flamer, powersword 215
sang priest with jp 75
F&*K yeah. I'd be wary of having only two squads of scoring units, but you will feel that out in your first couple games and see what you need to do. I'd keep them together to use the Priest to his full effect and only break one squad off for a second objective towards the end of the game if it mattered. Dice make all the difference to all things.

Quote:
Vindicator 145
Vindicator 145
I've always wanted to do this. I've heard great things, though personally I'd take a 5 man sniper scout squad w/camo cloaks and an ADL and use the remaining 90 points to do anything. Alternately to the Scouts, a ten man tactical squad and the ADL w/quad gun still come out to less than two Vindicators and have just as much tactical use as two pie plates and WAY more survivability. Just not as much BOOM. Scouts I feel are better in the ADL as they will have a 3+ cover save with their camo cloaks. Nice. Three games for three just yesterday I had those scouts kill many things. It got to the point where my opponent had given up on shooting them as he just couldn't beat my saving throws.

Hope this stuff helps!

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-13, 03:45 AM
So be it.

Depending your meta you should do one of three things. Either A. if no one takes fliers, ignore them. if they do either B. drop vindis as suggested for ADL + Scouts/TAc. or C. drop the raider for a raven, giving them a way to come on and some anti-flier.

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-27-13, 05:57 AM

Blood Angels seem to have to deal with low modle counts. Death company is meh at best in a competitve enviroment. You should think of trying to field tacticles, with some beefy libbys. Just my 2 cents worth.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-27-13, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

I have to disagree with you on this, Topknot. I have the math tucked away somewhere, but that unit of death company, on the charge, will inflict around 40 wounds, and an additional 3.5 from the power fist. so that's around 7.8 dead terminators. I really wouldn't regard them as "meh". If I wanted to field tactical marines with psykers, I'd play space wolves or vanilla.
-Arcticor
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-28-13, 12:23 AM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

boo-yea

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 07:44 AM

Kk like i said low modle count correct me if im wrong but he only has 2 scoring units. Thats gonna be a real problem since most of your missions involve objective sitting. Not saying to do not take dc but why 10. And why not put them in a lrc and give em bolters. This is shooty hammer not assault hammer. Maybe 8 with a reclusiarh and a sgt with a pw. They still asst.very well with bolters and they shoot way better. I would find a eay to work in an adl also with a quad gun, cause a 3 helldrake list will bbq your buttocks on turn 2.
You have a low modle count that i promise you will be blown away by turn 3 at the latest.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode