Troops:
10 men TS (Multimelta + flamer) - 170pt
10 men AS (2 x melta) - 210pt

Fast Attack:
Baal Predator (Assault cannon + heavy bolters) - 145pt

Heavy:
Devastators (4 x missle launcher) - 130pt

Formation & Tactics:
Devs unit sits at back in cover (if situation allows). Libby casts reroll on scatter/hit on them via Devination primaris. Second psychic power must be picked on the assumption of situation.
Furioso deepstrikes via drop pod in enemy's deploy, near infantry and burn them. Also we can use fragcanon for the same purposes both with HF. Next step is to survive the second player's next turn to relieve rivers of blood on our turn (4+ x S6 AP3 Shred with WS6).
On the first turn devs should destroy enemy's unit which can hurt furioso. Fortunately, it's not often to see (for me) more than 1 or 2 heavy units in 1000pt games. Then they need to fire at tanks and crowds of infantry.
Baal Pred is our fast and shooting support. Before first turn we should place him closer to start of enemy's deploy via scout move. So on his first turn he has a good chances to fire 4 x S6 rending + reroll and 8 x S5. Because he is only one, without good support, I think it's not a good idea to pick a flamers (both FH an Flamestorm) for him. We can use hit'n'run tactic for him.
AS + SP unit deepstrikes. Where? This is a BIG question. They need to survive the next second player's turn (they need some quiet place), and they can score, and they are pretty good at CC, and they have 2 meltas, and we can get FC to our honored Furioso. So we must take into consideration those 5 factors.
Tactical squad separates into 2 combat squads. They should score points at own deploy zone. Flamer squad should be a little bit closer to the middle. Multimelta squad should protect own deploy zone from deepstriking dreds or something like this.
So, we have balanced 1000pt army. (At least I hope so)

Please, take some notes about my roster what is good, what is not good enough or at all. And please tell me where should I place my AS+SP? Or maybe I shouldn't deepstrike them at all?
Also, tell me some tactical advices, because I'm not much experienced player.

Last edited by AndrewDGK; 04-26-13 at 10:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-13, 10:46 PM
Nefrugle's Flag is: USA

If you Deepstrike them, you should land heavy on a flank. Have your Baal pred scout forwards to where you want to deep strike the drop pod with the furioso since that will land on Turn 1. If you drop a model in the AS and the Jump pack on the Priest,you can take a drop pod on your dev squad and the AS + SP can ditch their JP's for a free Drop Pod and come down turn 1 with your furioso and you can just hit 1 flank really hard.

Just some ideas for ya!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-13, 11:01 PM

What about flamer on baal predator instead of assault cannon? It’s pretty cool, in my previous game I've lost havocs on the first turn because of that.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-13, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefrugle View Post
If you Deepstrike them, you should land heavy on a flank. Have your Baal pred scout forwards to where you want to deep strike the drop pod with the furioso since that will land on Turn 1. If you drop a model in the AS and the Jump pack on the Priest,you can take a drop pod on your dev squad and the AS + SP can ditch their JP's for a free Drop Pod and come down turn 1 with your furioso and you can just hit 1 flank really hard.

Just some ideas for ya!
I thought about drop pod and about rhino.
AS+SP are 11 men and drop pod just have capacity only 10 men.
But thanks, I'll keep thinking in that direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aveel View Post
What about flamer on baal predator instead of assault cannon? It’s pretty cool, in my previous game I've lost havocs on the first turn because of that.
I wrote, that it's not a good idea because in case you need to get extremely close to enemy. So Baal pred will lost his mobility.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-13, 02:47 PM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

It seems to me that you don't have a real focus for your army. I am one of the first to admit that Tac. and ASM can be extremely useful together, but the way you have it, you have 2 units staying back (or one back and one advancing slowly), one squad rushing forward (this squad will [probably be killed fairly quickly) and one DS dread and then the one tank.

What I would suggest is either keeping your units back or moving them forward, especially at 1k points. At higher point values, it can be effective to have a mix of units like this. At only 1k though, it's pretty easy for their anti-tank to take out the pred, or the dread, with only limited difficulty. And 9 times out of 10 your devs really wont be able to kill their anti-tank unit T. At low point values, you really need synergy in your list.

What you could do with that is to go ASM w/ jump priest and libby (probably 2 squads), then take some predators and maybe a DS dread if you want. The Tac and the Devs, in this list though, dont really fit. You could take an AC/LC pred, that would do effectively the same thing. Then take some flamers in your second ASM squad.

Maybe something like

Libby (JP) - 125

Priest (JP, PW) - 90

RAS (2x melta) - 210

RAS (2x Flmr) - 200

Baal (AC/HB) - 145

Pred (AC/LC) - 135

with 95 points left, you could either change the loadout around, get some sniper scouts, or whatever.

Another option would be a bio list, replacing the preds with a Tac. and Devs.

So something like

Libby - 125

Priest - 90

RAS - 210

RAS - 200

those layouts are the same as above

Tac. - 170

Devs (ML) - 130

In this one you have 75 points left.

The thing is with your army is that it mixes mobile bio with stationary bio with stationary mech with mobile mech. I would try to bring it down to two of these four, at least at 1k points.

Good luck with your list

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-13, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

Hm, thanks. I'll remember that and try to use.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Tags
1000 points , blood angels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode