Blood Angels 1850 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-08, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

BloodANgels89's Flag is: USA

Default Blood Angels 1850

Hey guys, this is my Blood Angels list that I intend on running for tourneys in my area.

Advice and pointers are appreciated.

HQ:
Lemartes
-10 man death company( 5 Payed for)
-Jump Packs

Troops:
Tactical squad x2
-10- man
-Melta Gun
-Las Cannon
-Power Weapon
-Blood Angels Rhino
(Extra Armour)

Elites:
Veteran Assault Squad x2
-10-Man
-Flamer
-Melta Gun
-Thunder Hammerx2 (in each squad)

Heavy: 195 + 250 =
Devastator Squad x1
-5 Man
-4 Missle Launchers

Baal Predator x2
-Heavy Bolters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-08, 11:51 AM

Steel Nathan's Flag is: Canada

Is this good?... Indeed it is for a tourny.

Would this list have problems in 5th ed?.... probably. But I won't waste your time on it.

Really everything looks fine and good to go with this list, maybe change up the Veterans a little bit.

As much as I love Veterans, I say drop one of the Veterans Squads and replace it with an Assault Squad and give it a few upgrades. Or if you don't like assault Marines, possibly get a tactical squad in, and then a 5 man squad( and of coure Rhinos for them, maybe a razorback for the 5 man squad)

Then you should change up the Veterans a little. Ok assuming that you don't plan on splitting them up, drop either the flamer or the meltagun to have the same weapon for each guy. Thunderhammers..... ok why not , I prefere good old Powerfists but sure.

Looks real good over all
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-08, 05:23 PM

CallumM27's Flag is: England

I think its a really strong list, maybe take out 1 vet squad in place of a 5 man assault squads with powerfist or weapon and then use the extra points to get a couple of attack bikes. Just what I think mate good luck at the tourneys

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-08, 06:41 PM

Are the ytac. squads being combat squadded? If not then drop the lascannon. It's better to have every weapon firing instead of carrying such an exopensive one. I'd maybe change one vet. squad to have a power weapon or two... Hitting last all the time isn't that great especially in such good assalut units. If you drop one you have enough for 2 power weapons, Drop the other one in the squad and you can have lightnin claws in that same squad. Very good if you want to strike early....

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-08, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Yes, the tacticals squads are being combat squaded. The "Melta" squad is in the rhino with a power fist moving up the field and providing cover for my assault marines, while the "las" squad will be sitting in cover somewhere with a sexy little firing lane :p.

Honestly, I was against all bike units since i just didnt see the sense in them up until i looked at the attack bikes. I didnt realise they had two wounds each :p. Very sexy. I'm going to try and see if i fit in a bike or two somewhere.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-08, 09:04 PM

CallumM27's Flag is: England

Attack bikes are preety sweet and with a dev squad I find some people don't know which to hit I've seen one army list where a guy took between 7 and 9 attack bikes
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-08, 11:59 PM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodANgels89 View Post

HQ:
Lemartes
-10 man death company( 5 Payed for)
-Jump Packs
Very good. Perfect for an 1850 point game.

Quote:
Troops:
Tactical squad x2
-10- man
-Melta Gun
-Las Cannon
-Power Weapon
-Blood Angels Rhino
(Extra Armour)
You can save a ton of points by exchanging these for two Assault Squads that look like this:

Assault Squad
- Power fist
- 4 with bolt pistols and close combat weapons
- Jump packs
Pts: 165

With the extra points you could fit Attack Bikes with multi-meltas to help with your anti-tank woes or Land Speeders with assault cannons and heavy bolters to aid the Baal Predators in dealing with infantry.

Quote:
Elites:
Veteran Assault Squad x2
-10-Man
-Flamer
-Melta Gun
-Thunder Hammerx2 (in each squad)
These are probably a little overkill. Try this configuration instead:

Veteran Assault Squad
- 1 with thunder hammer
- 1 with meltagun
- 1 with flamer
- 5 with bolt pistols and close combat weapons
- jump packs

Two Thunder Hammers is really too expensive and 8 models per unit is fine. You'll save even more points this way.

Quote:
Heavy: 195 + 250 =
Devastator Squad x1
-5 Man
-4 Missle Launchers

Baal Predator x2
-Heavy Bolters
Picture perfect. One thing I'd like to suggest is that you consider adding Mephiston to your army. It's very assaulty as it stands so it could only benefit from Mephiston's help. Unfortunately he's really expensive, so you might not be able to fit much else.

Best of luck,

Katie D
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-17-08, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

Looking at the list you gave me Katie it looks pretty sexy. Now The only problem I see with it is the fact that, on any given table, there COULD be scarce amounts of terrain. The idea behind my rhinos were to give my marines some moving cover so they could make it to those pesky gunlines and heavy weapons teams. I'm going to proxy both of these lists (cause I haven't played a game yet with the one posted here) and see how they both work out for me.

BUT! with your idea of the list, I can fit in three attacks bikes :p Wish me luck
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-17-08, 12:45 AM

Steel Nathan's Flag is: Canada

To me ( and some people here) Attack Bikes are like our ultimate anti tank, especially if you are playing a fast army.

What's better then moving up as fast as you can while firing multimeltas?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-17-08, 01:41 AM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodANgels89 View Post
Looking at the list you gave me Katie it looks pretty sexy. Now The only problem I see with it is the fact that, on any given table, there COULD be scarce amounts of terrain. The idea behind my rhinos were to give my marines some moving cover so they could make it to those pesky gunlines and heavy weapons teams. I'm going to proxy both of these lists (cause I haven't played a game yet with the one posted here) and see how they both work out for me.
Well remember that tables are supposed to have around 25% terrain coverage. Though it's only a guideline, it gives you an excuse if you end up getting destroyed because the terrain is sparse on a table.

Quote:
BUT! with your idea of the list, I can fit in three attacks bikes :p Wish me luck
Best of luck!

Katie D

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode