2000pt Competitive Blood Angels - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-14-12, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Blood_Knight's Avatar
Blood_Knight's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 324
Reputation: 1
Default 2000pt Competitive Blood Angels

So heres a list, maybe its cookie cutter, i dunno. tell me what you think, be honest, i can take it. Thanks! Oh also, whats with the special predator in the latest Army Builder patch? is it legal because its just ridiculous

HQ:
Commander Dante
Expensive? yes, Badarse? why i do believe so. Goes with guard

Elites:
Sang Guard w/ chapter banner, power fist - 240pts
My hammer unit. can really put the hurt on. masks? i dunno, statisically it dosent seem worth the points.

Sang Priests
#1 - w/ power sword, melta bombs, jump pack - 95pts
goes with sang guard, good idea?
#2 - w/ power sword, melta bombs, jump pack - 95pts
goes with flamer assualt sqd

Troops:
10 RAMs w/ x2 flamers, power sword, melta bombs, combat shield - 225pts
10 RAMs w/ x2 melta, power fist, combat shield - 240pts
both pretty standard i think, gave the sergeants shields since they can be drawn out plus i had 10 points left over

7 Death Company + Lemartes w/ power sword, thunder hammer - 335pts
goes in storm raven. another beef unit. i know i took lemartes and he has a JP, but looking at him and a standard chaplain, there was no comparison. uestion is, are the perks worth the extra points over a standard chappy?

5 Scouts w/ 4 sniper rifles and a ML, serg w/ meltabombs - 90pts
i had 90 points left and they seemed viable. hold home objective and provide some dire fire support.

Fast Attack:
Baal Pred
Baal Pred
take it for what you will, is there a better use for points?

Heavies:
Storm Raven w/ TML, TL Lascannon - 225pts
gotta have the coveted anti-air. plus they transport the DC

2000pts

People take time to comment. So reply in kind

My Khorne/Nurgle army project log
Blood_Knight is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-23-12, 10:04 PM
So be it.
 
JAMOB's Avatar
JAMOB's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,900
Reputation: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Knight View Post
HQ:
Commander Dante
Expensive? yes, Badarse? why i do believe so. Goes with guard
He's good, yeah. Also, he unlocks Guard as troops... you forgot that.
Elites:
Quote:
Sang Guard w/ chapter banner, power fist - 240pts
My hammer unit. can really put the hurt on. masks? i dunno, statisically it dosent seem worth the points.
once again these are now troops with Dante

Quote:
Sang Priests
#1 - w/ power sword, melta bombs, jump pack - 95pts
goes with sang guard, good idea?
#2 - w/ power sword, melta bombs, jump pack - 95pts
goes with flamer assualt sqd
pretty good, at this point level this is a good number.
Quote:
Troops:
10 RAMs w/ x2 flamers, power sword, melta bombs, combat shield - 225pts
10 RAMs w/ x2 melta, power fist, combat shield - 240pts
both pretty standard i think, gave the sergeants shields since they can be drawn out plus i had 10 points left over
drop the shields. There is a better use of 10 points. other than that good.
Quote:
7 Death Company + Lemartes w/ power sword, thunder hammer - 335pts
goes in storm raven. another beef unit. i know i took lemartes and he has a JP, but looking at him and a standard chaplain, there was no comparison. uestion is, are the perks worth the extra points over a standard chappy?
No. No, he is not.
Quote:
5 Scouts w/ 4 sniper rifles and a ML, serg w/ meltabombs - 90pts
i had 90 points left and they seemed viable. hold home objective and provide some dire fire support.
Why no, he is not, thanks for asking. With death co you want bolters, maybe some fists... if you want take them in the raven but a pod is better if you have one.
[/quote]I advise not... they can be good but with cutting lemartes and the shields you can use this elsewhere.
Quote:
Fast Attack:
Baal Pred
Baal Pred
take it for what you will, is there a better use for points?
Dont undervalue them: they are fast and furious, and mow down infantry like flies.
Quote:
Heavies:
Storm Raven w/ TML, TL Lascannon - 225pts
gotta have the coveted anti-air. plus they transport the DC
2000pts
love the ravens. They are so good... why the typhoon?

Overall good list. The only criticism I have is that it is a bit random... You have jumpers, death co in a raven, scouts, guard, dante, baals... it just seems a bit odd. I think that its not bad, but doesnt mesh. A good combo is RAS and Tac. squads. They work really well together, support each other well, and there are all sorts of fun strategies with them.
Dante unlocks guard... but other than that not sure if he's worth it. I would give them some meltas to DS and kill something.
I would go with, if I were you

Dante

2x priests

5x guard

10x RAS

10x RAS

10x Tac.
-rhino

x2 Baal

Raven

then if you can add in some devestators... that would bring it pretty close to my 1500 list, which is

1x Libby (JP) - 125

2x Priest (1x JP, PW) - 140

10x RAS (PW, 2x MG) - 225

10x RAS (PF, 2x flamer) - 225

10x Tac. (PF, MG, ML) - 200
-->Rhino - 50

Baal Pred (AC) - 115

2x Speeders (3x MM, 1x HB) - 150

10x Dev (x2 ML, x2 PC) - 220

-->Rhino - 50

You might need some more AT, but you could be fine. Dont know...

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
JAMOB is offline  
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-24-12, 03:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Starship Trooper's Avatar
Starship Trooper's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Earth.
Posts: 314
Reputation: 1
Default

Why did I think we werent supposed to list points?

I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
~Stephen Hawking
Starship Trooper is offline  
 
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-25-12, 02:08 AM
Member
 
Edges's Avatar
Edges's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 70
Reputation: 1
Default

Far as I know it's just itemized points costs, like not saying how much a flamer upgrade costs or something. Total unit costs are ok as far as I know.
Edges is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome