2,000 Blood Angels - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-27-12, 02:43 AM Thread Starter

SoL Berzerker's Flag is: USA

Default 2,000 Blood Angels

I know I just posted a Space Wolves list, but I think I might be going with Blood Angels. I like this list a lot more because I enjoy using fast paced armies. Here is goes.

HQ
Dante- 225

TROOP
Sanguinary Guard- 225
-Death Masks

Sanguinary Guard- 225
-Death Masks

6 Death Comany- 315
-Jump Packs
-Power Weapons
-Infernus Pistol

6 Tactical Squad- 126
-Power Weapon
Razorback- 90
-TL-Assault Cannon

6 Tactical Squad- 126
-Power Weapon
Razorback- 90
-TL-Assault Cannon

6 Tactical Squad- 126
-Power Weapon
Razorback- 90
-TL-Assault Cannon

FAST
BAAL Predator- 140
-Heavy Flamers

BAAL Predator- 140
-Heavy Flamers

BAAL Predator- 140
-Heavy Flamers

So, the idea with this army is pretty clear. Have a bunch of fast moving troops and have still have some left over to hunker down and take objectives.

My anti-tank might be kinda weak considering I'm depending on rends, but I have a lot of rending. I'm not too sure how that philosophy actually plays out though.

I put the flamers on the BAAL Preds to help me deal with mobs of gaunts or greenskins.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-27-12, 05:55 AM

LordofFenris's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoL Berzerker View Post
I know I just posted a Space Wolves list, but I think I might be going with Blood Angels. I like this list a lot more because I enjoy using fast paced armies. Here is goes.

I want to start by saying the Wolves can be very fast, but if you like Blood Angels I will see what I can do

HQ
Dante- 225
Some people love him, I'd rather have a Reclusiarch and a couple Sanguinary Priests

TROOP
Sanguinary Guard- 225
-Death Masks

Sanguinary Guard- 225
-Death Masks
Drop one of these. There is waaay too many points in these guys. I would suggest a terminator assault squad w thunderhammers and storm shields. They are ok, but their boltgun is subpar and they are weaker, albeit faster termie anyway...minus the inv sv if memory serves.

6 Death Comany- 315
-Jump Packs
-Power Weapons
-Infernus Pistol
I don't use Death Company without Lemartes, but thats because I'm partial. I like the Power weapons...hope they are power swords. If you also go with the Terms or Assault Marines, consider a Death Company Dread w Blood Talons in a Drop Pod w a locator beacon.

6 Tactical Squad- 126
-Power Weapon
Razorback- 90
-TL-Assault Cannon

6 Tactical Squad- 126
-Power Weapon
Razorback- 90
-TL-Assault Cannon

6 Tactical Squad- 126
-Power Weapon
Razorback- 90
-TL-Assault Cannon
Ok. I'll say it...I hate Tactical Squads. You mentioned you wanted a fast army. Why not Assault Squads. Yes they are more expensive, but you can double up on Plasma, Melta, or Flamer and they are highly mobile. Add in getting the extra attack for their loadout...better deal.

FAST
BAAL Predator- 140
-Heavy Flamers

BAAL Predator- 140
-Heavy Flamers

BAAL Predator- 140
-Heavy Flamers
I would drop a Baal. Armor isn't what it used to be, and getting that close with all your tanks is bad. Either get more bodies w melta or get a Predator Annhiliator, something with Las.

All in all I see what you are doing. You have a few fatal flaws:

1. You are relying on transports to make your tactical squads fast. If they are taken out, you now have 6 marines running for cover. Utilize what advantages the Blood Angels have over other armies for their speed: Jump Packs. If done right Descent of Angels is no joke.

2. Relying on rending to knock out tanks is a bad idea. If you took 3 10 man units of Assault Marines, equipped w melta/plasma, thats golden. Use your Baal Preds to provide anti-infantry cover to the Assault Marines going after armor. You don't want a Baal up against, mostly anything in the tank group.

My advice on things I feel make the Blood Angels speedy and vicious:

Reclusiarchs
Mephistion
Sanguinary Priests
Assault Marines
Death Company (w Dreads)
Baal Preds

So, the idea with this army is pretty clear. Have a bunch of fast moving troops and have still have some left over to hunker down and take objectives.

My anti-tank might be kinda weak considering I'm depending on rends, but I have a lot of rending. I'm not too sure how that philosophy actually plays out though.

I put the flamers on the BAAL Preds to help me deal with mobs of gaunts or greenskins.

"Take a moment, please. Ponder the depths of your insignificance."

"It would be disappointing if you were unable to overcome this simplest of defenses. Hilarious, but disappointing."

Crimson Fists (C:SM)
Necrons
Khorne Daemonkin

Other
WARMAHORDES (Skorne, Blindwater Congregation, Retribution of Scyrah)
DROPZONE COMMANDER (PHR)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode