Black Templar 800 points - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-12, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

stalarious's Flag is: Germany

Default Black Templar 800 points

OK so I am going to be playing a match tomorrow and I dont know what my enemy is going to be bringing so I am trying to build a take all comers list. This is what I have so far.

EC

Chaplin W/plasma pistol and Orb of antioch

10x Initates with bolters and missle launcher

9x initates with chainsword and pistol and 1 flamer

Rhino

Preadator Annilator with las cannon and atuocannons on the sides.

Thoughts? If you had to build a 800 point take all comers list what would you build please help me out for imperiums sake.

So I am growing my enemy.....so what I gotta kill something.

CENTER][/CENTER]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-12, 01:22 PM

What vow are you taking with the Champion? I would get rid of the Chaplain. That's too many HQ's in a low point game, you're wasting points on him.

Predators either have a lascannon turret with heavy bolter or more lascannon sponsons, yours with autocannon sponsons isn't a possible variant. I would go with autocannon turret and las sponsons. Try to get the other squad of troops into a Rhino. With the points you save from losing an HQ you can do it. Maybe you can also turn down the number of guys in the squad to get more space to add another heavy or maybe even a lascannon/powerfist Dreadnought to have something to deal with Monstrous creature if one shows up.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-12, 02:30 AM

Yeah, I'd say try n get a CC dreadnought in there. At the end of the day, Black Templars are basically a CC army, so lascannons on the predator for long range fire support (or heavy bolters, if you think you're going against a horde army...always useful to have those multiple shot heavy weapons). I think cut down on the initiates with the bolters; keep that to a five man squad for a bit of suppression fire and maybe objective holding. And you wanna try n get the chainsword squad in a rhino or give em some neophytes to soak up wounds.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-16-12, 10:07 PM

Kastle's Flag is: USA

At 800 pts, just take the Emperor's Champion. You don't want to put too many points in 2 models.

And do you mean that your Predator is has an Auto cannon with las cannon side sponsons??

Here is what i would bring at 800 pts

EC w/AACNMO

2x Crusader squads
6 Initiates w/bolt pistol cc and frag grenades
2 Neophytes w/bolt pistol cc and frag grenades
melta gun
PW
rhino w/ EA smoke launchers

1 Crusader squad
5 Initiates w/bolter
las cannon

1 Vindicator
POTMS
EA

"When you get to heaven may the Devil be your judge.."

Last edited by Kastle; 01-16-12 at 10:23 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-16-12, 10:40 PM

I dunno...I've always been told one vindicator isn't really enough. It draws too much fire. You really need 2 for them to be effective...and I always think vindies are only really good in an urban environment, when there's plenty of terrain to allow it to get close enough to blow the enemy to bits; or against 'nids.
I'd say, if you want an all-round list (as far as that's possible whilst still playing on BT's strengths), pick up something with a bit more range. If I had my codex at hand, I'd be more precise but I'm not at home just now.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-12, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

stalarious's Flag is: Germany

Well I thought I would tell you guys what happened. So my oppenent took Orcs being a new players to the 40k I cant ID them all but their were guys with rockets on their backs
and alot on infantry. So my guys took a defensive line with one unit the one with the champion(i didnt like being out numbered almost 2 to one.) with the other i took them into the rhino and ran them around the mass of green towards our objective(the champion with AACNMO. and the 9 initates.).

He had left a small squad with a really big orc with some kind of power claw to defend it.
I dont remember the whole play by play but my tank softened up his orcs and I got the charge with my chapel and his squad they destroyed their unit. It ended up being a small victory for me, however i honestly feel it was because my dice were hot that night and he couldnt hit for nothing. No joke he got something around 20 chances to hit and not a single hit was rolled on one CC phase. after playing the chapel and emperors champion was to much for that point value I could have used more guys or more veichles. Thanks to you all for helping me out and listening to a new BT player.

So I am growing my enemy.....so what I gotta kill something.

CENTER][/CENTER]
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-12, 05:54 PM

Kastle's Flag is: USA

Any win is a Win. Sometimes you get lucky and rest of the time you will not. When you play BT, there are two ways you should think about playing them. The first is known as Black tide. Large Groups of Crusader squads (like 15-20 man squads) marching forward, or you can go mech heavy using landspeeders with missile launchers at 70 points a piece. I like Vindicators with EA and potms. move 12 inches and fire str 10 ap 2 plates should make anyone fear them.

"When you get to heaven may the Devil be your judge.."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode