2000pt Tournament List - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-11, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

warlock5184's Flag is: USA

2000pt Tournament List

Finally did some tournaments, learning experience . The list is I used was built from advice from Heresy (thanks for everyone input), best tournament went 3 rounds before getting knocked out by a Eldar army. So when back to the drawing board with what I learned hammer out a new list any comments, opinions, advice, criticism welcome. Kind of spilt on HQ right now like running Dante and Mephiston.

HQ:
Commander Dante 225pts or Mephiston 250pts
If Dante running a Sanguinary Guard (Death Mask, Infurnes Pistol x5) 275pts
If Mephiston running a Honor Guard (Jump Packs, Blood Champion, Power Fist, Power Weapon x2, Melta Gun) 250pts

Elite:
Brother Corbulo 105pts

Sanguinary Priest 105pts
Jump Pack, Infurnes Pistol, Power Weapon

Furioso Dreadnought 175pts
Librarain Upgrade, Wings of Sangiunius and Blood Lance (Dante)/ Shield of Sanguinuis (Mephistion) Powers

Troops:
Assault Squad 245pts
+5 Marines, Sgt Power Weapon & Infurnes Pistol & Melta Bomb, Hand Flamer x2

Assault Squad with Razorback 200pts
Sgt Power Weapon & Infurnes Pistol & Melta Bomb, Hand Flamer, Lascannon with Twin-Link Plasma

Fast Attack:
Baal Predator 155pts
Side Heavy Bolter, Hunter-Killer Missile

Baal Predator 155pts
Side Heavy Bolter, Hunter-Killer Missile

Heavy Support:
Predator 180pts
Twin-Link Lascannon, Side Lascannon

Predator 180pts
Twin-Link Lascannon, Side Lascannon

Total 2000pts

Brother Corbulo will be with Assault Squad in Razorback, in game with objectives there job will be to hold one.

Sang Priest with Jump Pack will be with 10 marine Assault Squad it will work with the Librarian Dreadnought as a one two punch.

One Baal Predator will run as flank, other will be depolyed so on scout move I can go all out to draw fire from other vehicles.

Predator mobile range support platforms.

If I run Dante, he and Sang Guard will be in Reserve for deep strike plan is drop them near opponents armor units unless they are need elsewhere.

If I run Mephiston will work with Assault Squad and Librarian Dread.

"So fear not and be proud, for we are the Sons of Sanguinius, the protectors of Mankind. Aye, we are indeed the Angles of Death."
- Commander Dante

Last edited by warlock5184; 11-09-11 at 09:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-10-11, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

I was hoping I would get some type of feedback before I ran this list. Borrowed some vehicles from my friends ended up playing three matches yesterday ran Mephiston in annihilation army list did good my friend had to go early so we went by point I won, ran Mephiston again in 5 objective match ran into some problems having only 2 troop type couldnt run my 10 Assault Squad as aggressively as I would of liked also they draw alot of fire ended up losing them lost match I had one objective he had two rest where contested. Last match ran Dante was 5 objective game again since Sanguinary Guard become a troop helped alot was able to muscle one objective away with a deep strike, 6 melta shots then assaulted next turn. Assault squad and dreadnought won second and razorback with assault stay on my side with third winning 3 to 0. So Im going to drop Mephiston in my tournament list still going to play in friendly match but sticking with Dante also think I need to add at least one more troop to my list so here revised army list. Since Im the only Blood Angle player in my game shop please any comments, opinions, advice, criticism welcome.

HQ: Commander Dante 225pts

Elites:
Brother Corbulo 105pts

Sanguinary Priest 90pts
(Jump Pack, Power Weapon)

Furioso Dreadnought 175pts
(Librarian Upgrade, Powers Wings of Sanguinius & Blood Lance)

Troops:
Assault Squad 230pts
(+5 Marines, Sgt Power Weapon & Melta Bomb, Hand Flamer x2)

Assault Squad in Razorback 175pts
(Sgt Power Weapon & Melta Bomb, Lascannon & Twin Link Plasma Gun)

Sanguinary Guard 250pts
(Infurnes Pistol x5)

Scout Squad 100pts
(Sniper x4, Missile Launcher, Camo Cloaks)

Fast Attack:
Baal Predator 145pts
(Side Heavy Bolter)

Baal Predator 145pts
(Side Heavy Bolter)

Heavy Support:
Predator 180pts
(Twin Link Lascannon & Side Lascannon)

Predator 180pts
(Twin Link Lascannon & Side Lascannon)

Brother Corbulo will be with Razorback Assault Squad main role hold one objective.

Scout Squad main role claim one objective to drawing fire from Razorback squad or simple be ignored as something to be dealt with later.

Assault Squad(ten marines) will run with Dreadnought will be deployed main to get a third objective or will split to contest.

Dante and Sanguinary Guard will be held in reserve deployed where needed most.

One Baal Predator for flanking, other will move on scout ability to draw fire.

Both Predator mobile support.

"So fear not and be proud, for we are the Sons of Sanguinius, the protectors of Mankind. Aye, we are indeed the Angles of Death."
- Commander Dante

Last edited by warlock5184; 11-10-11 at 11:24 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-11, 02:30 AM

CE5511's Flag is: USA

Your list looks fine as is. All I can do is pick at it so here goes.
Your 10 man assault squad really doesn't need hand flamers. Give them 2 melta guns, and a fist. Some people throw a infernous pistol with sarge too, but not really needed. Those are the typical loadouts for them, and they work well.
Your sang guard doesn't need all those pistols, maybe lose 2 or 3 for a fist or 2 so they have better hitting power. Since you have dante with them, they don't need so many pistols, or power weapon hits, but fists are always loved and good.
That's it really, not much to pick at. You have your troop selection for each 500 points of the army, anti vehicle and infintry, mobility, ect.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-11, 05:51 AM

as a long time blood angels player i have a few suggestions for optomizing your list. basically i am not going to try and change your stratagy or game play but just drop some upgrades that are not nessacry and in return be able to put more on the table.

drop brother corbolo for a regular priest with a jumpack-no sence in putting in the with the unit in the razorback they wont benift from the furios charge or the feel no pain since that are in transport give the priest to the assault sqaud that is going to get shot at and doing the assaulting. saves you 30 points

assault squad should be powerfist and X2 meltas its common but its the best build for the army going to only cost you 5 more points

Razor back assault squad sarge with a powerfist, its five points more but far better all around then the power sword melta bomb combo.

sanguinary guard, one infernus pistol and a chapter banner. With dante and an extra infernous pistol they will kill what ever tank they shoot at and with the chapter bannner they will not get bogged down in assault and it is ten points cheaper.

Ball preds. Drop the heavy bolters. due to moving fast not often you will use the heavy bolters. and they dont do much unless you are shooting at infanty and if you are doing that use the flamestorm cannon. infanty killer. saves you 60 points

Preds go auto cannon on top and lascannons on sides. still gives you lots of killing ablity but gives you an extra round from the auto cannon. and it is still good at poping low armor. the biggest thing is this saves you 90 points!

this gives you 180 extra points allowing you to put in another razorback assault squad fixing your troop choice delima. and putting another tank and another lascannon on the table.

this would give you a good mix of armour with heavy long range guns with a strong assault element to take out anythign that gets too close

For The Emperor!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-11, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback CE5511 and Black Marshal wanted to post sooner but last couple of days been crazy at work lol.

On the Assault Squad had twenty left over point and I look at pistol type weapons first to keep the +1 attack and you cant go wrong with a flame temp, may not help but doesn't hurt. Taking meltas would work out better.

As for the Assault Sgts using a Power Fist maybe for the 10 marine squad with sanguinary priest he got a greater chance of surviving first round of combat, where the 5 marine squad in razorback got fewer models and may or may not have a priest lowering the chance the Sgt will be able to get off his attacks. I dont run into many assault walkers so melta bombs work most of the time against vehicles.

On the Sanguinary Guard yea 6 melta shot maybe overkill, never a bad thing , but dropping say 3 pistols and adding a power fist here would round out the squad better. On the fence about the chapter banner run it before with a honor guard sanguinar mix that ran in the middle of my army worked out well but in this case Dante and Sanguinary Guard for the most part work alone if I have left over point will add it.

For the Baal Predators not sure I want to drop side weapons all together, I have had some bad rolls with heavy bolter weapons, thinking of using Heavy Flamers if I dont seem to use them that much will drop them add a storm bolter and hunter killer missile that way if the main gun gets taken out will so have something.

Ok I personal have never used the auto cannon from what I have seen seem to be a hit or miss you roll good nice, roll bad out of luck. Which why I upgraded to the Twin-Link Lascannon for the harder hitting if I hit.

Last but not least Brother Corbulo some people like him some hate Im mixed about him, if only you give him a jump pack would be kick ass. I have no problem down grading him to a sanguinary priest mainly put in the Razorback to give the 5 assault troops a little more teeth since I only had two assault squad and with his +2 feel no pain rule makes him hard to kill against basic weapons.

Plan to meet up with a couple of friends on Sunday will test out power fists and the auto cannon configurations. Will even run the Baals with only main weapon will see how they do. Again thanks for the input. Goal now is to find good balance on upgrades and try to replace scouts with assault with razorback or 10 marine assault with sanguinary priest.

- Commander Dante

Last edited by warlock5184; 11-12-11 at 06:57 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-13-11, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

So ran a few small games today 750 to 1000pts test out some stuff, here is the latest revision. Again any comments, opinions, advice, criticism welcome.

HQ: Commander Dante 225pts

Elites:
Furioso Dradnought 175pts
(Librarian Upgrade, Powers Wings of Sanguinius & Blood Lance)

Sanguinary Priest 95pts
(Jump Pack, Power Weapon, Melta Bombs)

Sanguinary Priest 95pts
(Jump Pack, Power Weapon, Melta Bombs)

Troops:
Sanguinary Guard 220pts
(Infernus Pistol x1. Power Fist x1)

Assault Squad with Razorback 175pts
(Sgt Power Weapon, Melta Bombs, Lascannon & Twin Link Plasma Gun)

Assault Squad 235pts
(Sgt Power Fist, Melta Gun x2)

Assault Squad 235pts
(Sgt Power Fist, Melta Gun x2)

Fast Attack:
Baal Predator 115pts
(Assault Cannon)

Baal Predator 115pts
(Assault Cannon)

Heavy Support:
Predator 135pts
(Auto Cannon, Side Lascannon)

Predator 180pts
(Twin Link Lascannon, Side Lascannon)

2000pts

Dante and Sanguinary Guard held in reserve deployed where needed.

Assault Squad with Razorback stays on my side of field holding one objective providing some support with Razorback turret.

One Sanguinary Priest for each full Assault Squad.

One Assault Squad (ten marines) will work with Dreadnought to claim second objective, once claimed Dreadnought will move to support other Assault Squad (ten marines)

Plan to run one Assault Squad (ten marines) aggressively with Baal Predators, dreadnought will move into to support when it can.

One Baal Predator will be used for flanking.

Predators provide mobile range support.

- Commander Dante

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-11, 05:16 AM

list is looking really good man seems like you have all the bases covered and are looking at a really strong list. may i make one final suggestion something you might want to play test. the Baal Predator that you use for flanking try putting a Flamestorm Cannon on that. works great and can take out whole squads in a flash and doing that you are really going to beable to take advantage of any infanty that are on the sides of the table. just a personal taste. but the list is looking really good

For The Emperor!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode