Black Library Posters - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Sketches and Warhammer 40k Art Share your GW themed sketches, comics and artwork here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-04-13, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Dakingofchaos's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Black Library Posters

So I ordered the Fulgrim poster from Black Library - loved the book as well as the cover art and thought it would look good framed on my wall. The package arrived on time and securely packaged (albeit there was a lot of parcel tape on either end of the tube). Opened it up to see a fairly poor quality product, it is quite simply an A3 piece of paper been ran through a laser printer. Not even a nice glossy finish like the rest of my music posters either. There is also a plain white border around the edge; my guess is down to sizing issues that could probably have been overcome fairly simply.

Okay so rant over about my 8 (which on McDonalds wages is a lot of money) I'll never see again, has anybody else had a crappy poster or have I just landed unlucky? Thought I'd ask heresy before I write them a stroppy

'If you fail to prepare then you'd better prepare to fail'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-13, 08:15 PM
bobss's Flag is: England

Seeing all these fucking fab archaic-looking Marines locked in grand battles on glossy posters inspired me to buy Horus Rising almost an age ago. I was thinking of buying a few to address a plain wall of mine.

Is your product just defective, or are they all like this?
Also, from a distance does the non-glossy finish affect the quality of the image?

Get back in touch if you can, mate.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-13, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Dakingofchaos's Flag is: United Kingdom

I bought the fulgrim poster, the image itself is gorgeous and is the matt finish doesn't affect the quality, and the quality of the image itself is fine - if your looking to frame it don't try IKEA as they don't stock normal frame sizes -best price I found them to fit was 11 (which on an 8 poster doesn't really seem worth it looking back). The poster itself is alright, I was more annoyed by the matt finish and white border.

I too share your pain of a plain wall so Fulgrim may find himself accompanied by Hendrix very soon...

'If you fail to prepare then you'd better prepare to fail'

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Sketches and Warhammer 40k Art

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode