Adobe Giving Away Creative Suite - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Sketches and Warhammer 40k Art Share your GW themed sketches, comics and artwork here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-13, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Grr! That is all.
WaLkAwaY's Flag is: USA

Default Adobe Giving Away Creative Suite

I could not find a specific graphics section so I thought I would just post this in here.

Clicky Clicky

Adobe is currently releasing its Creative Suite family to anyone who registers a free account. Just thought some of you might like this info.

Here’s the list of available programs, available for both Mac and PC:

Creative Suite 2
Acrobat 3D 1.0 for Windows
Acrobat Standard 7.0
Acrobat Pro 8.0
Audition 3.0
GoLive CS2
Illustrator CS2
InCopy CS2
InDesign CS2
Photoshop CS2
Photoshop Elements 4.0/5.0
Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-13, 03:10 PM

notsoevil's Flag is: USA

CS2?

I don't even think that old shit will even RUN on my computer.

This is some sort of SPAM crap, right? I'm a fool talking to a bot or hacked account?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-13, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Grr! That is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsoevil View Post
CS2?

I don't even think that old shit will even RUN on my computer.

This is some sort of SPAM crap, right? I'm a fool talking to a bot or hacked account?
No not spam. I had CS2 until I bought Adobe Master CS4 and the suite was a good program. I have a lot of friends that make sigs and stuff and they were pretty excited about it. Think it would run in compatibility mode would it not?

I did not think it would be taken this way. I just thought there might be some people who were either just starting or who might want a pretty good set of tools for free.

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-13, 04:04 PM
Powered by Squig Tea

Viscount Vash's Flag is: England

Handy bit of info for some one who wants to play about without paying out for a full Graphics package.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-08-13, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Grr! That is all.

Since I brought this here I thought I should post a followup. A friend of mine pointed this out to me this morning.

Quote:
UPDATE, 2:40 p.m. PT: There has been clarification since this story broke. Adobe has not released the CS2 software for free. Instead, it has cancelled its CS2 license management servers, so for those with existing licenses it is now offering downloads that do not require contact with the licensing servers. This service is only going to be available for those with existing Adobe CS2 licenses, which will be verified when creating the Adobe account to download the software.

STORY

I apologize for the confusion and inconvenience it may have caused.

EDIT: So far everyone that I have talked to are saying that they are not having any issues with this. That it is working like originally explained. They have access to the unlocked program with a page of downloads with serial keys after doing whatever registration process they needed to do with adobe.

Last edited by WaLkAwaY; 01-08-13 at 01:58 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-13, 09:38 PM
Making Vidya Games

ThatOtherGuy's Flag is: USA

Funny thing is that no one will even use half of those programs in their daily work.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-13, 12:36 AM

Sangus Bane's Flag is: Netherlands

Just installed CS6, so.... yeah.

I think it's great that you share this though.

Please have a look at my space marines.

Lord Bane says: "Keep your water bill low, drink more beer!"

My girlfriend said she didn't like Daft Punk. She's single now. Hahahahahaha lol, just kidding. She's dead...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-13, 02:38 AM
Feed

Aside from Illustrator, there's nothing there I want or don't already have.

Nonsense is our Salvation

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Sketches and Warhammer 40k Art

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode