Anyone know much about graphics tablets? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Sketches and Warhammer 40k Art Share your GW themed sketches, comics and artwork here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-12, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Feed

Default Anyone know much about graphics tablets?

I'm looking to buy.

Found this one:

http://www.buywacom.com.au/products....EBFD118D&ID=63

And was wondering if anyone could confirm or deny whether it'd be good or not? I'm looking for a tablet and pen and this is roughly the price range I'm in.

Any help would be great.

Nonsense is our Salvation

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-12, 04:58 PM
Making Vidya Games

ThatOtherGuy's Flag is: USA

I'm guessing you are doing this for hobbies rather than pro, because if so then the wacom bamboo series will suit you good for what it's worth.

Since I'm actually doing semi-professional stuff in my free time and at school, I chose the intous 4 wacom, which is much more expensive but better for the stuff such as sculpting and hard core digital painting.

Now if you had literally all the money in the world then I would suggest a cintiq due to the fact that you can actually move your arm around when you draw or paint, but if not then you might want to save three grand for something else.

The price always boils down to pressure sensitivity and size of the pad. Again, if you are doing casual to moderate type stuff then the bamboo your looking at is fine.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-12, 05:05 PM
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

I second the bamboo series, seeing as I have one myself and it appears to do everything I require it to do. That said, I don't really use it that often.

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-12, 03:37 AM Thread Starter
Feed

Thanks guys, I'll go with Bamboo.

Yea it's just for hobby. Spanner, this is what I need for the continuation of that project. Otherwise cleaning it manually in PS takes too long.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-22-12, 11:15 AM

slaine69's Flag is: Wales

I have the A5 version of that dude, as far as wacom Bamboos go you really cant go wrong, I use it for all the professional work I do. My only gripe with it is the touch function, it's a bit gimmicky rather than a useful tool and I do miss my older one with the touch sensitive wheel for zooming, that said I just use keyboard shortcuts instead. When it comes to drawing accuracy though it's really decent.

Hope this helps
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-22-12, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaine69 View Post
I have the A5 version of that dude, as far as wacom Bamboos go you really cant go wrong, I use it for all the professional work I do. My only gripe with it is the touch function, it's a bit gimmicky rather than a useful tool and I do miss my older one with the touch sensitive wheel for zooming, that said I just use keyboard shortcuts instead. When it comes to drawing accuracy though it's really decent.

Hope this helps
Definitely.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Sketches and Warhammer 40k Art

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode