2500 Tweak my List - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-10, 12:29 AM Thread Starter

Crimzzen's Flag is: Canada

Default 2500 Tweak my List

Hey everyone, upcoming local 2500 point tourney. I'm expecting the most trouble from a Dwarven artillery line supported with warriors and an anvil. This is what I've been running with my current Skaven army. Thoughts? I'm hoping that I have enough 'big' stuff that with the storm banner some of it can make it to him before the cannons tear my stuff a new one. Also, should I run the bell in horde formation?

Lord:
Grey Seer /w Screaming Bell, Shadow Mage Trinket, Ironcurse Icon

Hero:
Chieftain /w Storm Banner, Shield
Warlock Engineer /w Doomrocket, Warp Energy Condenser (hope for skitterleap)

Core:
70x Clanrats /w FC - Poison Wind Mortar (Pushes Bell)
35x Clanrats /w FC - Poison Wind Mortar (Chieftain here)
35x Clanrats /w FC - Poison Wind Mortar (Warlock here)

Special:
6x Rat Ogres

Rare:
HPA
HPA
Doomwheel

2500 on the nose!

Allouttabubblegum? - 40K Blog - contains batreps, tactics, and all my work including past and present! Sign up today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-10, 09:40 AM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

Just seems to lack the scary edge that most skaven seem to bring to the table. Im sure it would be nastier in the flesh but I just think that most armies will have the shooting/magic to deal with the poison mortars, a hellpit or 2 and possibly the doomwheel (and if they have cannons then anything then the bell and doomwheel should die pretty early on... and the grey seer very early)... and after that there isnt too much that can hit at the enemy.

I would lose some clanrats and grab some covering fire units such as a unit of jezzails or a cannon of your own so you can try to take out the things that can knock out your own nastiest before because if all you have left is clanrats then I think you'll really struggle.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-10, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim/Steve View Post
Just seems to lack the scary edge that most skaven seem to bring to the table. Im sure it would be nastier in the flesh but I just think that most armies will have the shooting/magic to deal with the poison mortars, a hellpit or 2 and possibly the doomwheel (and if they have cannons then anything then the bell and doomwheel should die pretty early on... and the grey seer very early)... and after that there isnt too much that can hit at the enemy.

I would lose some clanrats and grab some covering fire units such as a unit of jezzails or a cannon of your own so you can try to take out the things that can knock out your own nastiest before because if all you have left is clanrats then I think you'll really struggle.
I think you're right T/S. What do you find gives a Skaven army a 'scary edge?' Perhaps I can build upon this as well. I'll rejig the clanrats around and see what I can pull out.

Allouttabubblegum? - 40K Blog - contains batreps, tactics, and all my work including past and present! Sign up today!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-10, 05:12 PM
WFB Moderator

To be honest I dont really know.... but I guess its a mixture. Things like HPA, doomwheels and rat ogres flying around with huge numbers of rats in blocks everywhere you can see and then a bell/furnace somewhere in there to give it some structure.

I think that if I was rejigging this list I would try to get at least a couple units of 20+ slaves in there on the flanks (within 18" of the bell though) and then a unit of jezzails. I would also switch a plague mortar to something else- like a warfire thrower (although I kinda like the drill thing, only seen it used once in game though and it utterly fluffed its attacks). If you go for the same attatched weapon for all the units then they'll either counter the enemy or do very little...

I wish I could help a little more (and be a little more coherant with my thoughts), but skaven have alwasy confused me a little... and I havent really played them enough to have sorted it all out yet.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-10, 05:48 PM

Gold170492's Flag is: Wales

whats HPA? (New skaven player without the army book)

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-10, 06:01 PM

VeronaKid's Flag is: USA

Hell Pit Abomination. Huge Clan Moulder construct. Basically a giant rat ogre with lots of heads and limbs that pulls itself around on a wagon.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-10, 06:06 PM

Gold170492's Flag is: Wales

Cool...sound like fun

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-10, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim/Steve View Post
To be honest I dont really know.... but I guess its a mixture. Things like HPA, doomwheels and rat ogres flying around with huge numbers of rats in blocks everywhere you can see and then a bell/furnace somewhere in there to give it some structure.

Heh, isn't this nearly exactly what I have above?

I think that if I was rejigging this list I would try to get at least a couple units of 20+ slaves in there on the flanks (within 18" of the bell though) and then a unit of jezzails. I would also switch a plague mortar to something else- like a warfire thrower (although I kinda like the drill thing, only seen it used once in game though and it utterly fluffed its attacks). If you go for the same attatched weapon for all the units then they'll either counter the enemy or do very little...

I wish I could help a little more (and be a little more coherant with my thoughts), but skaven have alwasy confused me a little... and I havent really played them enough to have sorted it all out yet.
Yeah, I simply went with plague mortars because I found I really lacked anything anti-horde. I liked the mortars because they deny armour and they can move and shoot. However, You're probably right and I might toss in a warp fire.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-10, 11:42 PM
WFB Moderator

like I said... not being entirely coherant
Mostly I just dont think 3 units of rats is enough- most armies will find that if they can keep the rats solely to their fron then they aren much of a problem (at least not much of a worry)... but if you have 5-6 blocks of rats then suddenly its like juggling with too many balls and you start to lose them all...

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-10, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

Hmm point taken.

What's your thought on the plague furnace vs the screaming bell?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Skaven Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode