post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-09, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default 3000 Clan Pestilens

Lords - 470pts
Lord Skrolk - Rod of Corruption, The Liber Bubonicus
= 470pts

Heroes = 953pts
Plague Priest - Level 2 Magic, Plague Censer, Warp Scroll Plague Furnace = 326pts

Plague Priest - Level 2 Magic, Plague Censer, Plague Furnace = 291pts

Plague Priest - Level 2 Magic, Plague Censer, Plague Furnace$ = 291pts

Core = 1060pts
40 Plague Monks, Musician, Standard Bearer, Plague Banner = 330pts

40 Plague Monks, Musician, Standard Bearer = 295pts

40 Plague Monks, Musician, Standard Bearer = 295pts

10 Night Runners = 70pts

10 Night Runners = 70pts

Special = 465pts
7 Plague Censer Bearers = 112pts

7 Plague Censer Bearers = 112pts

6 Plague Censer Bearers = 96pts

6 Plague Censer Bearers = 96pts

15 Poisoned Wind Globadiers, Poisoned Wind Mortar Team = 215pts

= 2999pts

Look upon my works and despair =)

Each Plague Monk unit takes a Plague Furnace, the Magic Banner one also takes Skrolk as a Deathstar, and the two units of 6 PCB's are within 6" of the Plague Monks.

It looks very small - only 175 models - for a skaven army, but look at what they do -

Skrolks unit is particularly nasty -
He himself has 5 S6 Attacks, and all enemy models (due to him being in Plague Monks, has no effect on friendlies) suffer a -1 on all their to hit rolls in close combat. In addition, his 5 S6 Attacks causes enemies HIT by him to pass a Toughness Test or DIE IMMEDIATELY. Combine that with the potential to take Pestilential Breath and Wither - D6 S2 Hits after having reduced the targets toughness PERMANENTLY by -1, (Ogres? What Ogres? T3 Dragon Ogres, what?), and the Furnace itself to cause D6 S5 Impact Hits, the Plague Priests Plague Censer causing a Toughness test for each model in base contact, AND the Furnaces large censer ALSO causing a Toughness test, you're looking at inane damage output.

It's not finished yet though either - The entire unit is frenzied (3 S3 Attacks, eh, it's alright), MR2, Unbreakable, AND the Liber Bubonicus has the potential to instantly cause every model in a targetted unit to take a S2 hit with NO armour saves allowed. As you can see Wither (Difficulty 8+, reduces T by 1 permanently) is a very useful spell to have around in the pestilens list.

Combine the fact that I can support the charge with a couple of Plague Censer Bearers (if in contact with at least 1 PC, then must take a Toughness Test or suffer a wound with no armour save), entire units can just disintegrate before a blow is struck. PCB's, just thought I'd mention, benefit from the Skaven Rank Bonus to leadership of nearby Plague Monks, AND Are Stubborn

The Plague Mortar is just hilarious as well - Range 24 Stone Thrower, No Save Allowed, Any model under the template takes a wound, reduced to 5+ if they are the crew or Globadiers, or just touched by the template. In addition, they can target any enemy unit with their Globes with a range of 8, regardless of whether they are in combat, or not. In addition, even if the Globadiers THEMSELVES are in combat, the unengaged models can target the combat AS WELL. If it hits, the target takes a wound on a 4+, again, with no armour save allowed. AWESOME SAUCE.

As you can see - Low Toughness Hordes are mincemeat, and Heavily Armoured units have to watch out for the 40-50 Toughness Tests a turn allowing no save at all. And that can be compounded with stacking wither on them as well.

Weeee bare good fun, I think Skaven could be my favourite new army.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-09, 05:06 PM

Thats a hardcre army.

I think my DE would stand a chance however, but only because of attacking first.

Armies like Brettonians and Empire however....poor sods ;)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-09, 05:13 PM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Yeesh. I kind of want to see how my Warriors of Khorne fare against that. Even with all their attacks, I don't know that I'd be able to cut through since there are so many shooting/shooting-like elements. And if Warriors of Khorne can't cut it, then nobody else is going to manage it, either.

While they're definitely worth bringing, what're the Night Runners for? You've got good skirmish screens in the plague censer units.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-09, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Night Runners are Cheap flank removers - not much point other than for giving free Combat Res, but with M6, Skirmish and a 6" Move before the battle begins, they can quickly take out light artillery, and quickly remove the threats from Gunlines. Lacking Light Cavalry, its the best you've got, and with PCB's and PWG's, you don't want Gutter Runners (even with their 6+ Ward Save) taking up valuable MSU slots - and skyre have Jezzails, so that's then taken up. Only time you'd take them in an all Eshin list, really. Moulder, obvioulsy, have Rat Ogres.

Night Runners, in short, are just War Machine, and Lone Wizard Hunters - as apart from Vampire, Ogre, Daemon, and Tomb Princes, they're not really going to be in units, due to the Toughness Test causing spam.

Orochi, I wish you all the best, even with ASF - The toughness tests from PCB's and PF's all occur at the Start of the combat phase, before the combat is initiated. So while you will still be able to fight with your full front rank in combat, I'll still probably have killed half a dozen or more with the Armour Save Ignoring Toughness Tests and Wither =)

And along with a pretty much unbreakable army list - Leadership 10 all around except on a single unit of Globadiers, Stubborn PCB's, and Unbreakable Plague Monks... Yeah, I'm expecting variants and refined versions of this to be a broken army list that will see MAJOR use in Tournaments.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-09, 05:36 PM

Spot The Grot's Flag is: United Kingdom

night runners don't have skirmish anymore....

I would remove some plague censor bearers so that all units are 6 , remove the night runners and buy 4 units of slaves. As you are frenzied you will probably want to have a bit more control over who you charge and slaves will help with that. Also they will be a great meat shield.

Last edited by Spot The Grot; 11-17-09 at 05:39 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-09, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Ooh, blimey... cheers for that. I sort of took it as a given, and didn't bother checking fully. Well thats... pointless... for lack of ability to say what I really want to.

Still, the M6+6" Start move is okay for war machines/flanking light cav.

The PCB's will be in front stopping chargers - Even though they have frenzy, it's enough to scare most people away from them - and it's not them that's the real threat for Clan Pestilens any more =) I'll give it a try tomorrow, and see how they roll.

Quote:
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-09, 06:40 PM

Torpored's Flag is: USA

You may want to drop the plague censures on your priests. The furnace gives him a big base so you are going to be taking way more tests the tour opponents. Even only on 6s you will still give up combat rez

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Skaven Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode