Heresy`s first Skaven list! ( I hope ) 3000 points Clan Morr - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-09, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
bobss's Flag is: England

Default Heresy`s first Skaven list! ( I hope ) 3000 points Clan Morr

OK, got the new book Saturday and after reading the fluff and generally getting exitied about certain magic items and dissapointed at others I came up with a strongly themed Clan Morr army( Queeks clan, karak eights peaks, war with night gobbos, that jazz ) so plenty of stormvermin, clanrats but also the ability to fit in elements from the other clans.

Lords

Grey Seer - 535 points
- Screaming Bell
- Shadow Magnet Trinket
- Warp-energy Condenser
- Skalm
- Warpstone Token

Queek Headtaker - 215 points

Heroes

Chieftan - 97 points
- Dwarfbane
- Worlds Edge Armour
- Shield

Chieftan - 138points
- BSB
- Storm Banner
- Warplock Pistol
- Rat Hound bodyguard
- Tail weapon

Plague Priest - 185 points
- Lvl2
- Skavenbrew

Core

20 Stormvermin - 263 points

- Shields
- Full Command
- Warpfire Thrower Team
- Fangleader with Warplock pistol

20 Stormvermin - 268 points
- Full Command
- Warpfire Thrower Team
- Fangleader With Warplock pistol

15 Stormvermin - 213 points
- Queeks Bodyguard
- Full Command
- Banner of the Under-Empire
- Fangleader with Warplock pistol

40 Clanrats - 275 points
- Full Command
- Shields
- Spears
- Ratling Gun Team

20 Slaves - 40 points

20 Slaves - 40 points

12 Giant Rats + 2 Packmasters - 52 points

Special

4 Rat Ogres - 260 points
- Squeel Gnawtooth

5 Jezzails - 110
- Sharpshooter

Rare

Doomwheel - 150 points

Doomwheel - 150 points

Total Points - 2991

C&C?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-09, 05:25 PM

Torpored's Flag is: USA

I was just thinking the same thing about posting the first new book list. Looks like you beat me to it. List looks ok, I'm concerned about the small blocks and few redirection units. More slaves is always good. I would think at 3k at least 5 units.

You don't really have a lot of magic, so I think some scrolls are needed, just a few to get you in combat.

The new rattling guns don't excit me, I think if you are going to go with weapons teams they should be warpfire throwers.

Only the special character is the rat ogre unit is just asking to have them made stupid and it won't be hard, so another packmaster needs to be added to that unit.

I haven't tried the doomwheel yet, but tbe abominations are stupidly good so I would recommend 3, though this does change the list a lot.

I haven't had a chance to get into the items but I also have been disappointed with what I have seen. Best of luck to you.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-11-09, 04:42 PM

I thought Queek already had Dwarfbane? If so, I don't think you can put it on another hero.

Also, I love the stormvermin theme, though I do agree that you need more magic.

For Rome, and the Underempire! (lol silly rats)

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-11-09, 07:46 PM

Spot The Grot's Flag is: United Kingdom

i'm not very keen on lists like this. You really,really need to just stock up on clanrats as your army is lacking numbers , my regular 2000 point army actauly has more models than this .

I would remove all storm vermin personally , if you want you can have one unit of 25 that are queeks bodyguard , make sure they have the stormbanner.

You will now probably be able to get at least 3-4 units of 30 clanratsin there. Persoanly i prefer my clanrats to have shields/HW as it saves points and helps them survive a lot more. They are a horde army so win combat by outnumbering not kills.

If you are gonna include any weapon teams in the army make it just 2 warpfire throwers.

Buff you slaves up to units of 21 and give them a musician. This helps with panic and makes sure if they flee there is still a slim hope of them rallying.

For your heroes i would simply have 2 plague priest with flails and lvl2 upgrade with a dispel scroll each and keep the BSB.

Rat ogres aren't that great but if wanna include them fine. Skweel really works best in large units of giant rats. i would buff up the giant rats up to at least 30 modles then give them skweel.

Numbers are the key.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-09, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

yeah thnx for advice, I may turn the plague priest into a scroll caddy but still, I may not actually build this as Im not a fan of mega spammy lists, I thought Id go for a fairly low in numbers yet strong combat force

but thanks again and Queek has dwarfgouger
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-09, 03:59 PM

edd_thereaper's Flag is: England

i agree with some of the previous comments, maybe take out a chieftan for another plague priest and maybe bunch the slaves into a bit unit of 40, although it does seem like a small number of models for 3000p of skaven those stormvermin will definatly pack a punch along with the grey seer with screaming bell (thats why you maybe need some more magic users to boost the effectiveness of the grey seer) and the 2 doomwheels should be quite nasty aslong as they don't decide to start shooting your expensive units

hope this helps

cheers

edd
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-09, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I really should go for larger units, Its just im not a fan of painting masses of models, I prefer to spend plenty of time on a fewer number and make them a better quality. But thanks to all of you on advice
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-09, 08:57 PM

Spot The Grot's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobss View Post
Yeah, I really should go for larger units, Its just im not a fan of painting masses of models, I prefer to spend plenty of time on a fewer number and make them a better quality. But thanks to all of you on advice
Yer thats the big downside for skaven , they HAVE to be run in large numbers otherwise they just aren't effective. The painting makes life really annoying.The new clanrats are great but for a horde army the models are a little bit technical.
Still i love my furballs cause fielding 200 odd well painted clarats is quite a epic sight.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-09, 09:43 PM

CoNnZ's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobss View Post
Its just im not a fan of painting masses of models, I prefer to spend plenty of time on a fewer number and make them a better quality.
Wow seriously dont do skaven. The two things you just said there made me laugh. Skaven NEED lots of large units. Stormvernim dont actually hit that hard trust me. They die just as easily as clanrats to shooting and are almost double the price. Your list will get shredded. Don't mean to sound harsh but I dont like it when a new book comes out, everyone jumps onto them and then makes lists like this one that just wont win games and completely miss the point of the army

If you wanna do skaven be prepared to paint loads of models cause other whise you might as well not bother with skaven
You have MILES too few models. You have 160ish models in a 3000pts game. Most skaven will have aroud 350-400 at that level. My dark elf army has roughly the same numbers as your army
Clanrats!!

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-09, 07:02 AM Thread Starter

I know guys, thats why Im not going to put this list into reality :D

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Skaven Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode