1000 point Skaven "Zap you in the face" rodents - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-09, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Whizzwang's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default 1000 point Skaven "Zap you in the face" rodents

We're doing a 1000 point tournament soon. At the start of the every game a dice is rolled. on a 4+ we all swap armies with our opponent and must play their list instead. Here's my plan

- Warlock Engineer + Blades, Condenser, Accumulator + Storm Daemon +1 Warp Token

- Warlock Engineer + Blades, Condenser, Accumulator + Warp Scroll + 1 Warp Token

- Warlock Engineer + Blades, Condenser, Accumulator + Warp Scroll + 1 Warp Token

25 Clanrats + Std/Msc
+ Ratling Gun

36 Slaves + Msc

10 Globadiers

3 Rat Ogres

Warp Lightning Cannon

5 power dice + 6 warpstone chunks = all warp lightnings cast on 3d6 every turn.
5 Dispel dice negates the need for dispel scrolls at such a low points value game. Any army that has wizards just as chep doesn't have the range to be scary til turn 2 and the furballs can easily outrange and outmanouvre them.

throwing out 4x 2d6 warp lightnings, 2 warp scrolls on the same trun when I've drained dispel dice a warp cannon AND a ratling gun. BOOM.. zap-zap kill-kill

Globadiers are there to kill the shaggoth that's scheduled to make an appearance.

Plan for this is that it's far too fragile for an unskilled / non-rat general to play but strong enough that I'm confident with it. Lots of stuff they'll forget if they have to use the list like warpstone chunks, warp lightning cannons not needing LoS, they are likely to forget they can shoot into combat etc.

The Infernal Council of the Lord of Nine Tzeentch C:SM Project Log
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-09, 08:05 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

Just watch out for a Dragon Ogre/Shoggoth combination. WOC can throw out Tonz of cheap Marauders, and pack up the big gunz.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-09, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Whizzwang's Flag is: United Kingdom

8d6 warp lightning hits annihilate marauders. WoC don't get the luxury of cheap wizards to top up their dispel pool.

I'm expecting Throgg, Dragon Ogres, Trolls and a shaggoth.

worst case scenario i'll throw the slaves at the Shaggoth and win combat for 3 or 4 turns. I may change the Ratling Gun for a warp fire thrower though, get rid of the Troll regen of uberness.

The Infernal Council of the Lord of Nine Tzeentch C:SM Project Log

Last edited by Whizzwang; 03-17-09 at 08:37 PM.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-09, 08:38 PM
Must keep painting....

squeek's Flag is: United Kingdom

It does look like a pretty brutal list, the switch on a 4+ is pretty interesting too, I am quite intrigued as to how the tournament goes. I can't honestly say I wouldn't be a bit stumped by some of the more unusual lists if I had to swap, particularly if your opponents are as cunning as you are!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-09, 10:29 PM

humm seems like if you have to play this list you're going to be entirely dependent on a good magic phase.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-09, 05:05 PM

the interesting thing is that everyone seems to be trying to make the sickest list they can as they dont mind bearding it up if theres a 50/50 of using it

Check out my gamer Blog
http://gamergeekery.blogspot.co.uk/2...rs-in-40k.html

Jezlad "I actually commented that Jigplums list was the least scary list I faced. Then took a pasting"
http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/jigplums
http://www.coolminiornot.com/160095

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Skaven Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode