Chaos Renegades WIP : Part One - Beastmen

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  cranvill 
#1 ·
Beastmen Pack: 60 points.

Beastmen: WS4 BS2 S4 T3 W1 I4 A2 Ld6 Sv5+
Insurrectionist: WS4 BS4 S4 T4 W1 I4 A1 Ld9 Sv3+

Wargear:
Beastmen: Close combat weapon, Flak Armour
Insurrectionist: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, CCW, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades, Power Armour, Remote Detonator

Special Rules:
Beastmen: Counter-Attack, Move Through Cover.
Insurrectionist: Traitor, Leader Not a Follower.

Unit: 8 Beastmen.
Add up to 12 Beastmen : +8 points each.
Add up to one Insurrectionist : + 16 points.
Replace Flak Armour with Carapace Armour @ + 3 points/model.
If an Insurrectionist is included:
Equip up to 2 Beastmen in every 10 with Remote Charges : +10points each.
Equip Beastmen with Autopistols : + 1 point/model
Equip Beastmen with Frag Grenades : + 10 points/unit
Replace Insurrectionist’s Bolter/Bolt Pistol with:
Plasmagun: 10 points
Meltagun: 10 points
Flamer: 5 points
Plasma Pistol: 5 points
Power Weapon: 10 points
Power Fist: 15 points

Equip Insurrectionist with Melta Bombs : +5 points.

Relevant stuff:

Autopistols: Range 12” S3 AP-, Pistol
Remote Charges: These are explosive devices that can only be triggered by a model carrying a Remote Detonator within 12”. Place the small Blast Marker over the model equipped with this device. Any models touched by the Marker suffer a S5 AP4 hit, that Ignores Cover Saves.
Remote Detonator: This device allows you to detonate any model with a Remote Charge within 12” during your own Assault Phase - do this before rolling any attacks in the Assault Phase, but after models have moved. In addition, if the model with this is alive and unengaged in base-contact at the equivalent point of the opponent’s turn, they may detonate models within 12” as though it were their turn.
Traitor: Frankly, this rule isn’t finished yet. I expect it to end up some kind of regrouping related bonus.
Leader Not A Follower: The unit can use the Insurrectionist’s Ld for any test based on this Characteristic, unless an IC without this rule is also included in the squad. If this is the case, then the unit’s Leadership value become that of the Beastmen, as the squabbling between the two leaders interferes with their ability to function coherently as a unit. In addition, if multiple models in this unit have this rule, and the unit fails a Morale Check, remove one of those models, and treat the unit as having passed (no Saves or Eternal Warrior may save the model from removal in this fashion.)

[Yes, the Insurrectionist is a Renegade Marine.]

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks reasonable. looking forward to seeing what you do with the unfinished bits.

Leader Not A Follower: The unit can use the Insurrectionist’s Ld for any test based on this Characteristic, unless an IC without this rule is also included in the squad. If this is the case, then the unit’s Leadership value become that of the Beastmen, as the squabbling between the two leaders interferes with their ability to function coherently as a unit. In addition, if multiple models in this unit have this rule, and the unit fails a Morale Check, remove one of those models, and treat the unit as having passed (no Saves or Eternal Warrior may save the model from removal in this fashion.)
Very characterful (and amusing).

#5 · (Edited)
May I make a few suggestions?

Have Str 3 and toughness 4 like WFB beastmen (AFAIK beastmen have always been S3 T4, even in 40k).

Have 1 attack but give them 2 CCWs as base and the option to take a pistol at +1 point per model. This stops you being able to get 4 attacks per model at 9 points a piece?

To get around the reduction in stength maybe give furious charge? or maybe keep them str3 when they charge, but they get 2 attacks like bloodclaws?

#6 ·
looks quite simler to the mutants in the old EOT codex could be wrong as i dont have it in this country but will check when i get home.

i love the idea iof beast men in a chaos army, When the new codex comes out for chaos am planning on starting an iron warriors army i stick some in an use these rules as a base line and see what happen.

#7 ·
I think it's not far off, though I didn't have it to hand when I wrote this - i wrote it along with a pile o other rules, most o which never got posted. :( Maybe I should resurrect it, but with a new Codex so heavily rumoured for this year, seems little point...

#8 ·
Its good mate i like it espaley the suside charges that realy fits in with the idea of chaos beastmen doing anything to please there patron.

Although no too sure on the traitor marine leading the unit i would perhaps like to see a bull minator maybe or something simler. Seems a bit OTT for a marine the best of the best to lead scummy mortal mutants. I rember reading storm of iron i think was and one of the iron warriors got to look after the cultists as a punishment.

Also any more ideas on the Traitor rule ? maybe were if two groups go up aginst the same unit and they win they could brake out in a fight between each other over the dead units remains ?

Maybe even a scavanger rule were they could steal one wepon from the dead unit as they seem to me as scavangers of a sort stealing what ever they can find that kills the best ?

#9 ·
I never said it wasn't a punishment. :grin:

Scavenger rule seems too complex I'm afraid - KISS. Will post Traitor idea when I dig them out.

#10 ·
wicked man am looking forward to it buddy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.