Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

The Desolators of Shaantitus

42K views 209 replies 61 participants last post by  shaantitus 
#1 · (Edited)
Greetings all. This blog is more a place to collect all the bits and pieces of my force and to give people an idea of what goes on in the maddened mind of this particular Heretic.

There are two armies that combine to form the Desolators of Shaantitus. There is a Traitor IG force led by Shaantitus himself with a mechanicus (inquisition) force Led by a rogue Techpriest and his followers. They provide support to the Armoured/Mechanised sections. The Desolators are regularly supported by a Warband of the Black legion led by Overlord Caleb (Caleb is only in black primer at the moment so he is a bit shy.)

Please be aware that I have heaps of stuff in various stages of completeness. My Knight has been under construction for a year and a half. My macharius was first started a year ago so I will put up the details of where I am at and go from there.

First
Shaantitus Himself

His personal Assasin Lo Wang(Marbo)

Six general shots of the Force(updated)

Platoon Command Squad With AT Gun(Lascannon)

Platoon Command Squad With AT Gun(Lascannon)

[Platoon Command squad (With Shaantitus Hanging around)

Enforcer(Commisar)

Vat Grown Shock Troops(Veterans)

Vat Grown Shock Troops Heavies(HW teams)

See less See more
#2 ·
i Really like Shaantitus the model looks great and there seems to be plenty of other great ideas floating around as well.

#3 · (Edited)
Now for some renegade admech units
Renegade techpriest and retinue.(Inquisitor)

Renegade techpriest and retinue.(Inquisitor with Psycannon)

Renegade Admech Agent and retinue.

The agent himself(Elite Inguisitor)

Plasma cannon servitor

Heavy Combat Androids
Photo removed. (Posted a better one later)

#6 ·
It's a very insane mix of models, i really like it. It has a rag-tag look to it with a nice chaos vibe.

Where are the Heavy andriods from?

My only moan would be the grey bases, they make the full army shots look a bit drab.

#7 ·
The only infantry that have been completed are the Inquisitors and their retinues, command squads, vets,psykers, techpriests and the light androids(not shown). Most of the other stuff has had primer fleshtones and a wash(old kind, will redo with the new ones) or basecoat and boltgun drybrush for androids. Basing is very much a work in progress. I find if I like a model I will get it and then try and fit it in somewhere.

#8 ·
In that case i have no moans!

I see models all the time that i really like, but never get them as they wouldn't fit...and i need that cash for marines....

It's great you can just buy what you want and have fun fitting them to the army.

#9 ·
Minor update.
Heavy androids and std androids.(Old space crusade chaos androids,one of my favorite models.)Don't know what happened to the one in the middle, must have used a different wash. Might have to re-wash the others with brown.

Fitting the old and odd models in is fun. The old 2nd ed assasin is perfect for marbo. Old ork splatta cannons as field guns. Gives real opportunities for a different army. Thats why chaos is so good, plenty of variety.

#10 ·
Armor time.
Leman russ MBT yes it is a lumbering behemoth. UGLY. Remodelled the std mbt's in my army. Lr forgeworld turrets on chimera hulls. Produces a tank that looks like a modern tank. As for rules they are just LR's without sponsons. I do have 2 std leman russ hulls one demolisher and an exterminator for use as command tanks. However all mbt's and transports are chimera hulls.
STD LR

Demolisher,Basilisk,Exterminator

Chimeras

Salamander half track,Vanquisher

Plenty of painting still to do......

#11 · (Edited)
Superheavies, smallest to biggest.
IG heavy walker. (Counts as Malcador)

There is a second of these under construction.

Macharius vanquisher. Primer and boltgun drybrush only

Stormsword. Started the urban camo only.

Baneblade command tank. Primer and boltgun drybrush only

Imperial Leviathan. Rough primed. More work to do on some areas. Converted from a 1:16th sturmtiger. (Buying the bits for the sponsons cost more than the tank did.)

Hit me with comments criticisms etc. If people have reccomendations then i will try them. I want to know.

#12 ·
Update time. Two new units. Second heavy walker. This one is configured as a standard malcador with lascannon sponsons instead of autocannons. Slightly different model as this is a different kit to the last one. I will review both kits in the review section.

There are still details like vents and symbols to add but the basic unit is complete.

Second new unit. I dug out one of my old second ed mechanicus robots. Castellan class. Transplanted it onto a 40mm base and we have ..... a robotic Nork Deddog. This guy is the bodyguard for shaantitus. A gift from the mechanicus contingent. The old style heavy bolter on its back subs for the ripper gun. There isn't much detail in the original model but i might add a couple of etched brass traitor guard symbols.

#17 · (Edited)
Thats a serious set of tanks. As previously mentioned, the leviathan is a seriously intimidating tank. I notice your location is listed as PNG... oddly enough I grew up there. Maybe I know you...? (as proof to my claim I submit the theory that the dark blue vacuum packed blue mountain coffee is the best coffee in the world, and that the new Banz Kofi has the funniest packaging ever)

#19 · (Edited)
To answer some questions. Yes it is a warhound titan. It was intended to be a knight but grew too big.
Linky
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46558
The heavy walker is a kit from dustgame.com it is resin and very nice. A word of warning. If you want to buy one there are two different configurations for the legs. One is poseable and the other is not. The poseable one is far better.
Linky for the work on the first one.
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48055

enieffac. My mum is crazy about that coffee. I have to take her some every time I visit. I live and work in the shipyard in POM. Been there on and off for 9 years.

#20 ·
POM... not my stomping ground at all. Grew up in Enga and went to school in Ukarumpa then back to USA... still have standing orders for coffee from some dozen people every time they come back to this side of the pond.

Out of curiosity... how many points does your army come to? and do you have any pics of a battle with the whole force deployed?

#21 ·
I like the Leviathan, there was a guy on warseer I think who was using some old WW2 models to sub in for some blood pact or DK vehicles I think, turned out pretty decent looking. Could be a thought for you, especially with that sweet Leviathan!

#22 · (Edited)
The IG force comes out to around 10000pts. Of which about 4000 is superheavies. This is quoting codex values from memory so I will have to check. Not sure on the Inq/Admech side. About 2000 maybe. If i include my 4 ist squads in primer. Nids at about 2500 and CSMs at about 6000(with 2000more in the box or primer.)

I am packing to move back to Aus at the moment so i will set up all my forces, Traitor guard, Inq, csms nids and my odd models on the gaming table and get some photos.
The main problem at the moment is that i am out of primer. I really want to start detailing the superheavies but they cannot fly primer so i am waiting for a ship.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.