Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Revised 30k Project log

6K views 52 replies 8 participants last post by  Nacho libre 
#1 ·
Hey all, Nacho here, I'm restarting my whole FW plog as the last one died from malnourishment. I was going through shit and I just couldn't get motivated to paint or do anything really. But that's all changed!, I'm In the financial situation where I can afford to update this on a weekly or even biweekly basis with new content.

Thanks for reading and have a great day.

Regards, Zoe.

Ps. I'll be adding all my previously painted stuff into this over the next hour or so.

#4 ·
That's a really good, patrician shade of purple you've chosen. I think it's very appropriate for the legion. Are you planning to do any scorch marks on the drop pod from atmospheric entry?

#20 ·
Aye, I'd go with the purple mate. I can't imagine the pretty boys of the IIIrd legion being happy with having clashing colours :wink: Although you should use it as an opportunity to do some weathering, since it's actually supposed to get dirty unlike your marines who are above all that nonsense.

#29 ·
Awesome! The flash might be washing out the colour, but you may want to get some different tones onto that mud, and maybe colour the bullet holes with some form of spot colour; maybe metal, or perhaps a white/cream/grey to suggest something like a plastek, or maybe even ceramite.

#33 ·
If you wash the gold with Druchii Violet it looks less bright and won't make your purple look as dark, but by all means go with what you like best. I use the trim as a kind of ranking system personally.

As Vaz said, I think the mud needs some more tones to is as right now it looks a little unnatural, whereas a random spackle of light and dark patches will help it see more realistic.

Otherwise, great work so far. Looking forward to seeing that board populated by marines and buildings!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.