Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Bio-Mechanical Tyranid - Hive Fleet Giger - Idea's/Comments/Criticisms

7K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  HUMYN HYBRID 
#1 · (Edited)
Morning All,

I had the idea some time ago now to create a Bio-Mechanical Hive Fleet but was lost for justification not too far outside Fluff. The Subject came up earlier on today and we have been discussing the idea. So far so good, but i wanted to expand the purview of the discussion so that more of you can suggest ideas and/or comment on the ideas i/we have already.

Names in Brackets will be there to credit the Member who proposed an idea to me.

Hive Fleet Giger

Failing Alpha Fleet

Attacks a SM Home World and loses

Very little left in the way of Resources/Biomass

Out in the Middle of Nowhere

Hive Mind chooses to use them for Bio-Mechanical experimenting with combining Tyranid Bioforms with the resilience of Adamantium, plasteel and ceramite

Sent to an abandoned Forge World (Aramoro)

Adamantium for Tyrants/Warriors, Plasteel for Termagant/Hormagaunts, Ceramite for everything inbetween.

With too little biomass left after the battle, it is forced to use other means. So it resorts to controlling the machinery. (Serpion)

the Norn Queen/Hive Ships could grow the organic 'around' the metal parts, essentially fusing them together as they would with bone or their weapons.

Notes:

I'd prefer NO outside influence on this, i would like them to be solely a Tyranid creation.
Models will most likely be based on WarJacks.

Thats it so far methinks. I'll update as we go.

Alice

See less See more
#2 ·
Cyborg Tyranids? That might just be the most terrifying thing I have ever heard of...

Do you plan on showing things such as metal spiking through flesh and other cosmetic things, or just fluff on internal modifications?

#3 ·
Both :)

I definitely intend to show both parts of the whole as visibly as possible.
While i will be using Warjacks as the base model, i want to incorporate as much of the existing Tyranid kits as i can into each one.

Alice

#4 ·
I definitely intend to show both parts of the whole as visibly as possible.
While i will be using Warjacks as the base model, i want to incorporate as much of the existing Tyranid kits as i can into each one.
Luckily you can buy the individual pieces of the Warjacks. :)

If you need anything, fluff, stories, advice, anything. Let me know, I'm really interested in this project. There's hundreds of ways I can see this working out, each one better than the last.

If you don't mind, I'd like to cut up some of my old Tyranids and see if I can do something like this to them, nothing fancy however.

#5 ·
Well, thats what this thread is for :)

As you can see i have a short list so far of feasible idea's i can use. Feel free to contribute if you have something.

Of course not, i certainly dont have a monopoly on the idea :) it will be interesting to see what can be done. I am especially looking forward to using a Trygon in this project.

Alice

#6 ·
I am especially looking forward to using a Trygon in this project.
The first thing I think of with a cyborg Trygon are drills instead of claws... disturbing...

Anyway, I thought a bit about it and came up with this, just to see what your ideas were on the evolution of the bio mechanical Tyranids;

The first experiments were fairly basic but proved successful in preserving bio matter, which was the goal of these experiments.
The initial usage of the metals was mostly centered around the skeletons of the smaller creatures, thus saving minerals which could be used for armor and weapons.
The first bio mechanical Tyranids proved to be very effective however and soon more drastic implementations of metals were seen throughout the Hive Fleet; blades were lined with steel, later completely replaced with the strongest of metals, cranial armors were 'forged' (Not sure how you see them shape the metals.) and eventually the Hive Mind started thinking of even more drastic measures.

(This is where they go to the Forge World.)

When the machinery was secured and the Hive Mind had learned of their workings and functions it could reproduce, even improve, basic hydraulic systems, electrical systems and other basics of engineering crucial for the next endeavor.

Within weeks the Hive Fleet produced its first truly bio mechanical warriors, having swapped out several biological joints for mechanical ones and even the weaponry had been improved with mechanical systems.

Each 'generation' the usage of mechanical components became more intricate and made the creatures ever more effective and reduced the bio matter needed for the creation of Tyranids, allowing for an expansion of the fleet.
The new creatures had mechanical eyes, fully mechanical limbs, sometimes hidden beneath flesh, sometimes exposed and the Hive Fleet produced a completely new creature, never seen before:

The Welder, a slightly larger variant of the Ripper, capable of consuming the large amounts of metals which were needed to continue the endeavors of the Hive Mind.
It could use the electricity produced by its four slim limbs to cut through metal, eating the tiny scraps until it could eat no more, after that it would deposit its collection, feeding the Hive Fleet's demand for metals.

#7 ·
So I got bored and got my clippers and some glue out and started on a couple of Cybernids. That's how my girlfriend has dubbed them. She also used up all of my greenstuff so it's not much and it will need some heavy work to finish them but I wanted to show them anyway.

First of is a Termagaunt with some minor work done:

As you can see it still needs allot of work done.

Second is the Datastealer, a Genestealer variant which can plug itself into computers and the likes to acquire useful information or sent false information to the defenders of a world, a true saboteur.

That one will need even more work done.

I'm getting some greenstuff tomorrow so I can continue working on them.

#9 ·
The Emperor have mercy on us all ....

This has to be the best original idea I have ever heard of for Warhammer, will be paying attention to this, although I'm not sure how much I can take xD

#11 ·
idea... what if the tyranids assaulted an imperial planet, only to find it was already slaughtered by the necron. with no other bio-mass like source nearby and brought into conflict by the necrons, the tyranids found no other alternative but to experiment with the machines, as paria'hs and the like are a combination so im aware. consuming the planet as a whole, they discovered the tombs within, and from that, launched an all out assault. victorious, they experimented with the mechanics and hybrid flesh pariahs, and in turn introduced their own bio-mechanical breeds? just a start? idea's, i know there are alot of things wrong with this, but thats where brainstorming and imagination come into play

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.